Do You Have A Feeling God May Be Preparing You For Something?

My wife and I moved back to her home town after a few years of college and one job that I was offered after college because of some events that were tough...I had lost my job a year later. So we are back here in Wisconsin and have been starting a new life with the help of her parents, got plugged into a new church and God has been good. But I have 3 times the last few months that I just felt God is getting me ready for something big (two of the time I can say it will happen here in this town, the third was just knowing something could be happening). I am unsure of what looks like and is curious about that. I am not sure what to do... I haven't done anything about it yet or even told anyone, even my wife because I am not sure what to do or what to think. Pin was wondering there was any advice on how to go about this.. I mean, I am not sure if it's from God or not..... Thoughts?

Ask for discernment. I know I'm being prepared for something. We all are when we submit fully to God. I studied Genesis chapter 6, the account of Noah and the ark. Noah did everything as God commanded, and did nothing until he was commanded to by God. This helped me when I was feeling the most anxious and unsure.

Be anxious for nothing. Take each day as it comes.

If it's God's will, doors will open. If we bash them down, we following our pride.

Last edited:
My wife and I moved back to her home town after a few years of college and one job that I was offered after college because of some events that were tough...I had lost my job a year later. So we are back here in Wisconsin and have been starting a new life with the help of her parents, got plugged into a new church and God has been good. But I have 3 times the last few months that I just felt God is getting me ready for something big (two of the time I can say it will happen here in this town, the third was just knowing something could be happening). I am unsure of what looks like and is curious about that. I am not sure what to do... I haven't done anything about it yet or even told anyone, even my wife because I am not sure what to do or what to think. Pin was wondering there was any advice on how to go about this.. I mean, I am not sure if it's from God or not..... Thoughts?
There isn't really anything to do about it except follow God's teachings and instruction on the way. As long as you submit to God with a faith filled heart and let him work through you, he will. Pray to him about it. The truth is God told me that he will be using several on this site for a much bigger purpose and ministry and has already told me some names. In God's timing he reveals what he reveals and his timing is always correct. Don't worry about timing or what to do except pray and have faith in everything you do. Purpose is not a one time zap but is a constant awakening moment to moment that can only occur when we are walking by faith in his will, power, and presence. When we walk like this he expresses his love and the fruit of the Spirit to us and we use all our moments for our purpose, actually letting him build into our purpose through us because we are submitted and obedient to him.

I know people will say yes, but I say no I don't think He has a plan for my life right now. But, MAYBE just MAYBE He does have a plan for me. Don't know what yet , but something will be planned special for me.

Jhn 3:8The wind blows where it wishes and you hear the sound of it, but do not know where it comes from and where it is going; so is everyone who is born of the Spirit.”

the HS leads us as He will .. we hear Him .. we obey Him .. but we do not always know the "whys" .. so are we also to be .. just stay busy in the vineyard .. and be ready for anything ..

God Bless you ..

Last edited:
I know people will say yes, but I say no I don't think He has a plan for my life right now. But, MAYBE just MAYBE He does have a plan for me. Don't know what yet , but something will be planned special for me.

Dana .. most people look for something big to happen .. and this is usually because of their great love for God and them wanting God to use them .. but the greatest use, is in the trenches of the unsung saints .. those who faithfully pick up the cross daily .. Jesus in nowise does not smile upon this .. for it is not the greatest that will be first, but the one who humbly and lovingly just obeys and TCB .. these He will say, move up to a place of honor ..

Luk 14:10 “But when you are invited, go and recline at the last place, so that when the one who has invited you comes, he may say to you, ‘Friend, move up higher'; then you will have honor in the sight of all who are at the table with you.

I always liked the Christmas song "the little drummer boy" ..
it told this message ..

Back