Do you have to prove God exists?

We hear it all the time. I don’t believe God exists. Prove God exists to me and I will become a believer.
Well, what does the Bible say about this? Are you required to prove God exists?
What if there is a better way to defend God? And, it is told right in the Bible.
Wouldn’t you want to know? Plus, you would be a more effective witness producing more fruit for the Kingdom of God.

Who wants to be a more effective witness for Jesus? Let us know what your thoughts on this subject are.

Be encouraged and… Praise God!

If a proof were found, where would faith come in?

It is not our part to convince anyone.

It is our part to present the Gospel straightforward manner, Witness to how He cares for you, and step back and let the Holy Spirit (whose office it is) to do the convincing.

Be ready to help the new brother take his first steps.

We hear it all the time. I don’t believe God exists. Prove God exists to me and I will become a believer.
Well, what does the Bible say about this? Are you required to prove God exists?
What if there is a better way to defend God? And, it is told right in the Bible.
Wouldn’t you want to know? Plus, you would be a more effective witness producing more fruit for the Kingdom of God.

Who wants to be a more effective witness for Jesus? Let us know what your thoughts on this subject are.

Be encouraged and… Praise God!

We are not called to prove.......but to Believe.

The fact is there is evidence for the existence of God. Not everyone finds that evidence compelling or convincing; this does not mean such evidence is nonexistent. Most who deny evidence for God demand forms of proof—or levels of certainty—that are either irrelevant or unreasonable. Looking at logic, experience, and empirical observations, there is much evidence for the existence of God but to one who does not believe........
no amount of evidence is going to change their mind.

We need to guard against demonizing the people to whom we are trying to present the _LOVE_ of God for them.

We are all sinners, theirs can be no worse that mine.
Right, but a satiated man will not eat.
It is the Holy Spirit's work to convict them of sin, not ours...

John 16:8-11 (NASB) "And He, when He comes, will convict the world concerning sin and righteousness and judgment; concerning sin, because they do not believe in Me; and concerning righteousness, because I go to the Father and you no longer see Me; and concerning judgment, because the ruler of this world has been judged.

I just wouldn't use our sin, (or theirs) as an excuse for not sharing the fact that Christ died for those sins.

We need to guard against demonizing the people to whom we are trying to present the _LOVE_ of God for them.

We are all sinners, theirs can be no worse that mine.

I hear you Siloam but IMO......preaching about or identifying SIN is not demonizing......but that is just me and is not a point of contention.

It seems to me in my experience when we shy away from calling out the sin of sinners...... the sin of those sinners grows more heinous.

Example.....some but not the church as a whole condemned the sin of gay marriage. I like this web site but even here we are limited to what we can say about this sin. As a result of the "Closed Mouth and ignore it and it will go away" approach....what do we have right now as a nations law about gay marriages.

We could same the very same thing about Abortions. In the name of ..."Can't we all live in love and get along", we have sacrificed the words of God that condemn SIN and when that is done,,,,,there is always a price to pay.

But again.......that is just me, and I am just a simple minded old fashioned country boy from Alabama.

But, our Lord always dealt with sinners with Love. Consider the woman at the well, or the woman who was caught in adultery (and the people neglected to bring the man involved for similar judgement). Or, consider His concern for his followers when He was dying on the cross.

Our Lord's wrath was held for those who knew and theoretically accepted the Law but only used the law to attack 'lesser' (in their view) men.

Back