Do you think God has a chosen few?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its kinda hard not to believe that God doesn't have a few that he truly, truly predestined.. while

others that have been called, he allows to slip trough His hands.

Like, to me, those that are truly in His grasp seem to be those he calls from a young age... and he talks to....

those that struggle to even hear His voice.... seem to have this question mark over them...

I just wonder why, like.. God would save someone and not take them all the way..
why would he let some fall off...

yet preserve others by answering their prayers, intervening in their lives when need be,
and not show this toward others...

I think it takes time and also those that he calls from a young age also have their trials and tribulations - you just seeing the fruit of maybe many years of following Jesus. Keep you eyes on Jesus, yes he saves but don't turn your back on him as the life you have here on earth make the most of.
The parable of the vineyard is a good one to study on this topic..the first shall be last and the last shall be first. God's timing is perfect. Don't worry about it. He doesn't want anyone to perish.

in regards to chosen yes God chose Abraham and obviously as a nation Israel, but we are grafted in if we believe in Jesus so..that is our choice to follow Him - we do have free will to an extent. God loves us first though. Through Jesus this invitation is open to everyone.

Predesintation vs Freewill has been discussed and debated so much in the past. I doubt whether anything new is going to come or anyone is going to change their stand :)

I just mentioned this in another post.. Bible makes it very clear that people go to heaven only because God chose them.. People go to hell only because they rejected gospel.. The converse is no where mentioned in Bible and not true. People go to hell because God rejected them.. People go to heaven because they sought God and accepted the Gospel on their own..

It is a parallel truth.. Which human mind cannot reconcile..

Actually, people receive God's condemnation because He has no choice but to reject them---they are unrighteous before Him. Those who have received Jesus are dressed in His righteousness, and not their own, so it isn't sin that condemns people, but their lack of standing before holy God.

uh. If you need wisdom on this you need to read your Bible and ask God to show you.
Its too big a topic to ask anyone of us, plus each of us has our own walks, what you pancakes seem to be doing is worrying about everyone else.
Just know God doesn't want anyone to perish. It's his own creation after all. His ways are higher than our ways. If you worried about your salvation we can pray about that...and ask God to give you his blessed assurance.
in terms of letting people astray well God does not force anybody to love him. We have our wills and God has His will we need to align with His will. When we abide in Him ie. surrender completely and renew our minds with His word everyday I don't think the devil can snatch us away, Jesus says he won't let that happen, plus he goes after the sheep. You just need to be listening when He calls YOU.

Its kinda hard not to believe that God doesn't have a few that he truly, truly predestined.. while

others that have been called, he allows to slip trough His hands.

Like, to me, those that are truly in His grasp seem to be those he calls from a young age... and he talks to....

those that struggle to even hear His voice.... seem to have this question mark over them...

I just wonder why, like.. God would save someone and not take them all the way..

yet preserve others by answering their prayers, intervening in their lives when need be,
and not show this toward others...
God died for all... what more needed to be done? What more could be done?

Romans 5:7-8 (ESV2011)
For one will scarcely die for a righteous person—though perhaps for a good person one would dare even to die— but God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.​

God died for all... what more needed to be done? What more could be done?

Romans 5:7-8 (ESV2011)
For one will scarcely die for a righteous person—though perhaps for a good person one would dare even to die— but God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.​

Great! I was looking for that very verse (7) this morning for a particular reason and couldn't find it! God is good...He used you as a deliveryman for me!

Jesus desires ALL to come unto salvation. His love and mercy and grace for his creation is immense.
Much more than our tiny little minds can comprehend.
Salvation is not based on predeterminism in the sense that some souls have been "marked" out for a secure relationship with Christ.
Rather salvation is predestined only in the sense that the plan of action was put into place before the world was created.
I know it spins you out. Jesus and the Father and the Holy Spirit knew that if the world was created then he would need to come
down and rescue us.... mind boggling, eh! But he still came into the world and died for all of us.

Jesus does not let some fall off the edge so to speak. Rather people walk away from their salvation. People call it quits.
Some find 'being good' too hard. Others spit the dummy because they didn't get an immediate healing or problem solved,
or the car they always wanted. Remember the Parable Of The Sower And The Seed -
Luke 8: 11-15
Now the parable is this: The seed is the word of God.
Those by the way side are they that hear; then cometh the devil, and taketh away the word out of their hearts, lest they should believe and be saved.
They on the rock are they, which, when they hear, receive the word with joy; and these have no root, which for a while believe,
and in time of temptation fall away. And that which fell among thorns are they, which, when they have heard, go forth,
and are choked with cares and riches and pleasures of this life, and bring no fruit to perfection.
But that on the good ground are they, which in an honest and good heart, having heard the word, keep it, and bring forth fruit

You know the odds of bearing forth much fruit is not good - only 1 in 4 seeds land in good soil.
This parable is about us, not Jesus. It is us that are fickle and often fail to be overcomers.
I have seen over the years dozens and dozens of people baptized in water and the Holy Spirit (with the Bible evidence of speaking in
tongues). These people know with all certainty that God is true, having experienced the infilling of the Holy Spirit.
And yet over the years so many wander off, or give up, or stop praying, or go back into the world.
Why? Because Jesus lets them go? or rather they walk away from their own salvation for whatever excuses they have...
2Peter 2: 20-22
For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ,
they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning.
For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it,
to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them.
But it is happened unto them according to the true proverb, The dog is turned to his own vomit again;
and the sow that was washed to her wallowing in the mire.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back