Do you think I (or we) still have time or is it too late?

I hope that you are not put off by my comments. I certainly do not mean to challege you or your opinions. I do not agree with you, no more and no less.

Now, you asked me so I will be glad to respond to your challenge. hat do I envision????

I just think that Matthew 24:35-38 means what it says....
"Heaven and earth shall pasmy words shall not pass away. But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no not the angels of heaven, BUT MY FATHER ONLY.
But as the days of Noah were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking and marrying and giviving in marriage until the day that Noah entered into the Ark".

For sure, "signs" are indications that Christ is about to come again to this earth. I would say that "technically" these signs refer to the revelation of Christ and not the Rapture.

There are obvious signs during the 7 year Tribulation before the "revelation", but there are actrually no signs that precede the Rapture. THAT IS MY OPINION and anyone and everyone is welcome to disagree with that.

Having said that, I would also say that there are cionditions which stronlely suggest that the Rapture is just around the coener. The point is again IMO, NO ONE will ever know the date/time of Jesus' return until He comes. We can look at and study and come up with all kinds of ideas and festivals and feasts but IMO nothing will confirm the return of Christ so that we can say a certain day or month or year will be acceptable.

You asked me and that is my understanding. Now there are things happening all around us to suggest that His return may be getting very close.

1. Israel was established back into the Holy Land on May 14th, 1948.
2. Lawlessness going more and more rampant.
3. Increase in apostasy.
4. The socio-religious climate preparing for a one world church.
5. Life threatening conditions such as atomic/neculear weapons.

These things have been with us for a long time but never in the history of the world have they all come together at one time.

IMO, the verses I posted above warn again any date setting for the return of Christ. ONLY the FATHER knowes and He has not told us. I believe just as these Scriptures stipulate about Noah's day, the people were going about there normal everyday living. They were a generation just like today. Pleasure seeking and self indulgence. Then boom..........
The rains came and judgment fell.

The Ark was a picture of the Rapture for those who believe and Christ is the Ark we have today. If we are IN Christ as was Noah's family in the Ark, we shallbe Raptured at a time when we think not.

You asked me, and that is my thinking, and what I envision.;)
Thanks. Just to be clear, no one is setting a date though we are pointing out facts from the historical events that have already happened according to the word of God's pattern. His appointed days. Thanks for commenting. :)

Major has hit on an important point - live for the day, for today has enough problems of it's own.
The fact that you are worried about your salvation would indicate that your head and heart are in the right state.
The damned rarely worry about salvation, they are either absolutely convinced of their personal piety, or couldn't care less.

Noah knew for the 100 years it took him to make the ark, that God's wrath was coming. Noah also knew that when the ark was ready, God's wrath would come. Noah knew the season and had a close estimate to the day.

What started the doubt for me was thinking about how scripture says 'nor the Son'. Now granted the KJV does not say this but the other versions and the original Greek seems to ''Matt 24:36 But about that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son,''

I don't believe there was ever a time He did not know. Albeit He was made less then the angels for a little while Heb 2:9. Made less = in human flesh not absence of omniscience. Made less = Him placing Himself at our mercy not being unable to call 1000 legions of angels to help Him.

If we take that scripture as saying 'nor the Son', it points 100% to there being more context needed for its interpretation.

Back