Do You Think The End-times Are Upon Us?

I'm not one of the ones with "how it's going to happen theories" (although I personally doubt some...)
But I do think that a major change is not that far away.

The Apostle Paul said the coming of the Lord was closer than when we first believed. When was that...two
thousand years ago?

Paul knew Matt 24:36. He said 'our salvation' is nearer in Rom 13:11. Their salvation was nearer as they were all martyred. Paul was beheaded in 67 ad and Peter crucified upside down.

God tells us the season of the end times in Matt 24 and Luke 21.

Key scriptures:

- Matt 24:22 ''He will shorten those days for the elect's sake''. Those who suffered in Stalingrad for 9 months, would they say those days were shortened? The Jews who suffered for 6 years with the Germans, did they feel like those days were shortened?

- Ezekiel 37:21 This is what the Sovereign LORD says: I will take the Israelites out of the nations where they have gone. I will gather them from all around and bring them back into their own land. This was fulfilled on 14 May 1948. Making all 'end day' predictions prior seem rather silly.

- Matt 24:34 Truly I tell you, this generation will certainly not pass away until all these things have happened.

These 'things' that need to happen are described by Jesus as:
1 False teachers (verse 4 & 5)
2 Wars and rumours of wars (violent society - verse 6)
3 Famines, pestilences and earthquakes (verse 7)
4 Us being martyred (verse 9);
5 Iniquity abounds, love wax cold (verse 12)
6 Abomination of desolation (verse 15) spoken of in Daniel 9:27, 11:31, 12:11.

Conclusion: Today we have 1, 2 and 3 without a doubt. 4 and 5 can get worse. 6 is still to occur. 4 and 5 getting 'worse' will take us from relative comfort to complete dis-comfort in an instant. So, no point waiting for it to be literal before we 'get ready'.

The catalyst for the Lord's return is:

Isaiah 34:8 "For it is the day of the LORD'S vengeance, and the year of recompences for the controversy of Zion."

Joel 3:2 "I will also gather all nations, and will bring them down into the valley of Jehoshaphat, and will plead with them there for my people and for my heritage Israel, whom they have scattered among the nations, and parted my land."

Ezekiel 35:10-11 "Because thou hast said, These two nations and these two countries shall be mine, and we will possess it; whereas the LORD was there: Therefore, as I live, saith the Lord GOD, I will even do according to thine anger, and according to thine envy which thou hast used out of thy hatred against them; and I will make myself known among them, when I have judged thee."

You should read all of Ezekiel 35, but because the Muslims say the underlined, God will take vengeance on them.

The Lord comes to defend Israel because the world divides the land. Watch the next few weeks... http://www.nytimes.com/2014/01/29/opinion/friedman-why-kerry-is-scary.html?_r=1

Last edited:
I would guess not judging by the number of false phrophecies that occur each year.

Why would god decide to come and show himself now instead of sorting things out before it descended into. anarchy

I would guess not judging by the number of false phrophecies that occur each year. Why would god decide to come and show himself now instead of sorting things out before it descended into. anarchy
Can you think of no reason why God tolerates the evil?

No. I don't have a god. I'm good (mostly) and those that are evil do it for no other reason than their own distorted morality (no divine intervention I should add).

Of course there's divine intervention, you just don't see it! And of course you have a god, or God; depends on which one
you want to acknowledge. So what brought you to this forum? If it was coincidence (you pressed teh wrong button on the keyboard), or curiosity (the name of the forum just caught your eye), or someone suggested it to you (a friend who really loves you), then it was probably the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. What do you think?

Of course there's divine intervention, you just don't see it! And of course you have a god, or God; depends on which one
you want to acknowledge. So what brought you to this forum? If it was coincidence (you pressed teh wrong button on the keyboard), or curiosity (the name of the forum just caught your eye), or someone suggested it to you (a friend who really loves you), then it was probably the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. What do you think?

Only curiosity Candelario. A curiosity about how your mind is taken over by imagination of a make believe god whereas mine is filled with questions and imagination. I don't fill the spaces with god that's all.

Only curiosity Candelario. A curiosity about how your mind is taken over by imagination of a make believe god whereas mine is filled with questions and imagination. I don't fill the spaces with god that's all.

I also have joy and unspeakable peace. And the fact that if it is true (which it is since God IS truth) I'll be in paradise forever. And if it's not well-- I'll be ok too, according to the atheist belief.

Hypothetically speaking of course, for the Spirit has revealed the truth to His children and so those of us who believe - we have no doubts about God being real.

I also have joy and unspeakable peace. And the fact that if it is true (which it is since God IS truth) I'll be in paradise forever. And if it's not well-- I'll be ok too, according to the atheist belief.

Hypothetically speaking of course, for the Spirit has revealed the truth to His children and so those of us who believe - we have no doubts about God being real.

Otherwise known as hedging your bets Allie.

I take the other view, of course, that I don't want to be a slave to myth and live my short life with a free mind.

I know. I've been where you are.

The crazy thing is that I'm the one that's free. Freedom is in the truth. You are in the darkness still.

Back