Doctrine of the Bible

2 Timothy 3:16...…...
"All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness".

The Bible is God's final revelation to man. It was His choice to give us His Word as divine revelation and that revelation ended with the book of the Revelation.
I know how difficult it is for some to accept that simple truth because in reality they have a desire to do things that they believe are Biblical when they are not.

God's complete will for man and for the ages are found on the pages of His written Word and if anyone appears with the claim that he has received a "new revelation from God", he can be know as an imposter.

IMO, there is nothing wrong with America that some good "old fashioned preaching" can not cure! Bible Doctrinal Preaching!

My dear brothers and sisters, allow me to say to you that we need not to be looking for a new star in the east. We do not need a "new" revelation. We do not need another Ark to come floating by. We should not be expecting some new fangled method to be presented so as to allow the lost to be saved. All that a guilty sinner can ever need, all that an aspiring saint can ever hope for is written down in God's Scriptures.

I hope that all of us will learn and remember that God the Holy Spirit never progresses outside of the written Word of God. God is always causing fresh truths to break forth from His Word, but He never ever adds to the "Faith once for all delivered to the saints".

All one has to do is visit any Christian forum web site to see that to a whole lot of people, the Bible has remained a strange, mysterious book simply because they have failed to dig deep in to its pages and unlock the treasures that are found in it. How applicable is the lord's Word to Ephraim in Hosea 8:12...……..
"I have written to him the great things of My law, but they were counted as a strange thing".

G'day Brother. Glad to see we are still about:)

2Ti 4:1 I charge you in the presence of God and of Christ Jesus, who is to judge the living and the dead, and by his appearing and his kingdom:
2Ti 4:2 preach the word; be ready in season and out of season; reprove, rebuke, and exhort, with complete patience and teaching.
2Ti 4:3 For the time is coming when people will not endure sound teaching, but having itching ears they will accumulate for themselves teachers to suit their own passions,
2Ti 4:4 and will turn away from listening to the truth and wander off into myths.........Esv

G'day Brother. Glad to see we are still about:)

2Ti 4:1 I charge you in the presence of God and of Christ Jesus, who is to judge the living and the dead, and by his appearing and his kingdom:
2Ti 4:2 preach the word; be ready in season and out of season; reprove, rebuke, and exhort, with complete patience and teaching.
2Ti 4:3 For the time is coming when people will not endure sound teaching, but having itching ears they will accumulate for themselves teachers to suit their own passions,
2Ti 4:4 and will turn away from listening to the truth and wander off into myths.........Esv

The very same to you brother. You are the man!

2 Timothy 3:16...…...
"All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness".

The Bible is God's final revelation to man. It was His choice to give us His Word as divine revelation and that revelation ended with the book of the Revelation.
I know how difficult it is for some to accept that simple truth because in reality they have a desire to do things that they believe are Biblical when they are not.

God's complete will for man and for the ages are found on the pages of His written Word and if anyone appears with the claim that he has received a "new revelation from God", he can be know as an imposter.

IMO, there is nothing wrong with America that some good "old fashioned preaching" can not cure! Bible Doctrinal Preaching!

My dear brothers and sisters, allow me to say to you that we need not to be looking for a new star in the east. We do not need a "new" revelation. We do not need another Ark to come floating by. We should not be expecting some new fangled method to be presented so as to allow the lost to be saved. All that a guilty sinner can ever need, all that an aspiring saint can ever hope for is written down in God's Scriptures.

I hope that all of us will learn and remember that God the Holy Spirit never progresses outside of the written Word of God. God is always causing fresh truths to break forth from His Word, but He never ever adds to the "Faith once for all delivered to the saints".

All one has to do is visit any Christian forum web site to see that to a whole lot of people, the Bible has remained a strange, mysterious book simply because they have failed to dig deep in to its pages and unlock the treasures that are found in it. How applicable is the lord's Word to Ephraim in Hosea 8:12...……..
"I have written to him the great things of My law, but they were counted as a strange thing".
Hi again Brother!
What I notice nowadays is that so many do not realize that they need what is contained in the pages of the Word. Those ever-springing "fresh truths" are never found until they get serious about their need for God.
They are "preached" to on a daily basis by the media on what they need to aspire to. Our church council and committees have had many discussions on how to interest the surrounding community, basically how to compete for their time or make it convenient for them to attend church. The whole "how do we grow our church" question.
But in the final analysis, God has to draw them to realize they need Him, and that often only occurs with major life trauma or hardships. How often do we hear how they had to hit rock bottom to seek out God.
For those already in the pews, though, they need to get into the Word, beyond just knowing the stories or quoting a few Bible verses. I agree, some good doctrinal preaching delving into the meat of the text, not just bland platitudes of how we can find joy and peace, and love everyone around you without any challenge to change or take inventory of your life.

As always, may God bless your family richly.

Hi again Brother!
What I notice nowadays is that so many do not realize that they need what is contained in the pages of the Word. Those ever-springing "fresh truths" are never found until they get serious about their need for God.
They are "preached" to on a daily basis by the media on what they need to aspire to. Our church council and committees have had many discussions on how to interest the surrounding community, basically how to compete for their time or make it convenient for them to attend church. The whole "how do we grow our church" question.
But in the final analysis, God has to draw them to realize they need Him, and that often only occurs with major life trauma or hardships. How often do we hear how they had to hit rock bottom to seek out God.
For those already in the pews, though, they need to get into the Word, beyond just knowing the stories or quoting a few Bible verses. I agree, some good doctrinal preaching delving into the meat of the text, not just bland platitudes of how we can find joy and peace, and love everyone around you without any challenge to change or take inventory of your life.

As always, may God bless your family richly.

Excellent stuff my brother!

Sermonettes to Christianettes will produce Babes in Christ.

Serious students of the Word study the Bible. You dont need to enrol in Bible college to study the Bible though. Its not just for seminary students. But it does take time.

If you belong to a church that doesnt hold regular group bible studies, then start one. We must encourage one another.

No Sir, God produces babes in Christ through accepting Jesus Christ into their lives.
;)

I have to disagree with you Jim.

Yes, I agree that accepting Christ makes one a baby in Christ but that is all he is at that point. However, my point was that if preachers do not preach the Word of God in the power of the Holy Spirit to those he is in charge of, then those people will never grow in knowledge and will remain babes instead of maturing.

Babies are immature physically and mentally, but we expect them to develop. If they don't, there is a problem.

When one is "born again" as a child of God, he is spiritually immature. As time passes, he should develop the qualities or abilities which the Bible says characterize the mature. A congregation matures as individual members mature.

Ephesians 4:14,15 ………
" Be no longer children, but grow up in Christ."

2 Peter 3:18 …..….
" but grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ."

2 Thessalonians 1:3 ………
" The Thessalonians grew exceedingly in faith."

Philippians 1:9 …….
"Paul prayed for their love to abound more and more."

Many problems result when members fail to grow: some go back to the world, others cause strife because of ignorance or become stumblingblocks because of irregular attendance, worldliness, or indifference.

Thanks Major for this very needed nudge.
There are too many of the heavenly Father's children today in this most important time unprepared for all that is to come.
Matt 24, Mar 13, and luke 21 all teach that the Church is to go through a rough time in the end generation and if they have been improperly taught (or not taught at all) pertaining to that which is to come, they will be overcome by the false prophet, false witness, and the false Christ which is to come first as the scriptures declare.
I too have warned many of their slackness and disregard of the Lords teaching concerning this and their outcome for being so, but it seems that too many rely solely upon their preachers sermons (which most times give very little knowledge) and leave it at that.
My prayer to Godward is that before its too late, He will send a Spirit of warning to many and allow their eyes to be opened as was performed in the writings of the great book of Hebrew's.
Once again Thanks.

God Bless

JTF

There are too many of the heavenly Father's children today in this most important time unprepared for all that is to come.
Matt 24, Mar 13, and luke 21 all teach that the Church is to go through a rough time in the end generation and if they have been improperly taught (or not taught at all) pertaining to that which is to come, they will be overcome by the false prophet, false witness, and the false Christ which is to come first as the scriptures declare.
I too have warned many of their slackness and disregard of the Lords teaching concerning this and their outcome for being so, but it seems that too many rely solely upon their preachers sermons (which most times give very little knowledge) and leave it at that.
My prayer to Godward is that before its too late, He will send a Spirit of warning to many and allow their eyes to be opened as was performed in the writings of the great book of Hebrew's.
Once again Thanks.

God Bless

JTF

In 1939* Smith Wigglesworth prophesied to Lester Sumrall about the final wave of Gods glory:

“After that, after the third wave,” he started sobbing. “I see the last day revival that’s going to usher in the precious fruit of the earth. It will be the greatest revival this world has ever seen! It’s going to be a wave of the gifts of the Spirit. The ministry gifts will be flowing on this planet earth. I see hospitals being emptied out, and they will bring the sick to churches where they allow the Holy Ghost to move.”

2 Timothy 3
This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.
2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy
3 without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,
4 traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;
5 having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.

Acts 2:17
And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:

The Church will only struggle if they get out there within man's beliefs and worldly religious views.

God has this and we as the church shall shine bright and usher in many and we will be full of power and victory and signs and wonders will truly follow us.

Blessings

I too have warned many of their slackness and disregard of the Lords teaching concerning this and their outcome for being so, but it seems that too many rely solely upon their preachers sermons (which most times give very little knowledge) and leave it at that

So how many of those that you have "warned of their slackness"... Have you reminded them how much God loves them and desires to show them how much, so that He can develop a relationship with them?

Serious students of the Word study the Bible. You dont need to enrol in Bible college to study the Bible though. Its not just for seminary students. But it does take time.

If you belong to a church that doesnt hold regular group bible studies, then start one. We must encourage one another.
For as often as we eat this bread and drink from this cup we proclaim the lords coming.

Once again Thanks.

God Bless

JTF

It is ablessing to know you were encouraged. That my friend is the only reason that I participate on this forum.

I too am concerned at how many people belive that they are saved but then do not know why or how they are saved.

It is my opinion that the church has fallen into the trap of "Religion" where we have placed more faith in what a man says than we do the written Word of God.

We have made God a cosmic Santa Claus where we demand things and claim things from Him instead of living in obedience to Him.

I readily admit that this is the popular way of religion today and may I say then that we should take a step back and look at where that has gotten us.

Day care centers on high school campuses for the 14 and 15 years olds who have had babies.
Every prison in America is at full capacity.
Every hospital is running over.
A man who beats and rapes a woman is out of jail before his victim is out of the hospital.

Yes just like in Thessalonians the Jews and Gentiles did not stay true to their first estate and wandered astray. They would have undoubtedly stayed with the faith but they chose to follow after other Gods.

And that my friend is the history of the Jews and the Jews were the root of the first church. DNA runs deep.

In 1939* Smith Wigglesworth prophesied to Lester Sumrall about the final wave of Gods glory:

“After that, after the third wave,” he started sobbing. “I see the last day revival that’s going to usher in the precious fruit of the earth. It will be the greatest revival this world has ever seen! It’s going to be a wave of the gifts of the Spirit. The ministry gifts will be flowing on this planet earth. I see hospitals being emptied out, and they will bring the sick to churches where they allow the Holy Ghost to move.”

2 Timothy 3
This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.
2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy
3 without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,
4 traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;
5 having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.

Acts 2:17
And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:

The Church will only struggle if they get out there within man's beliefs and worldly religious views.

God has this and we as the church shall shine bright and usher in many and we will be full of power and victory and signs and wonders will truly follow us.

Blessings

Jim, I know were you are coming from, theologically, but Acts 2:17 is not the fulfillment of Joel's prophecy IMHO.

Acts 2:17 quote of Joel on the day of Pentacost says that the moon will "turn to blood and the sun will be turned to darkness.
Neither one of those things happened on the day of Pentecost.

Neither Were there any "signs or wonders" in heaven or "signs in the earth below".
There was no "fire and a vapor of smoke" as was said by Joel.

I for one do not believe that Joel 2:28-32 has been fulfilled as of this day but it will certainly happen in the Last Days which is what Joel was contextually pointing to.

Back