Doctrine of the Bible

Jim, I know were you are coming from,
Hi Major,
No Sir I don't believe you do.
The "Signs and Wonders" that I am referring to is the manifestation or evidence of proof God has done something. The book of Acts or the acts of the apostles are full of them.

Most Believers today are busy chasing after this sign or that instead of walking as God intended them to. When we walk as it is written in His Most Holy Written Word then we are doing as it is written and God now has a vessel He can Work through.
Evidence is seen and His Glory follows them.
This is and always will be for the unbelievers for a believer is to be Spirit Led and not following outward signs.

Blessings
FCJ

Hi Major,
No Sir I don't believe you do.
The "Signs and Wonders" that I am referring to is the manifestation or evidence of proof God has done something. The book of Acts or the acts of the apostles are full of them.

Most Believers today are busy chasing after this sign or that instead of walking as God intended them to. When we walk as it is written in His Most Holy Written Word then we are doing as it is written and God now has a vessel He can Work through.
Evidence is seen and His Glory follows them.
This is and always will be for the unbelievers for a believer is to be Spirit Led and not following outward signs.

Blessings
FCJ

Thanks for your response and That is very good to know. There are so many people these days looing for signs and wonders and are missing the wonderful opportunity that the grace of God gives all men and that is allowing Jesus to live through them.

I for one believe that a "changed life" is the manifestation of God doing something wonderful.

Only God can take a black hearted dead sinner, wash him in the red blood of Jesus Christ and turn him in to a white hearted Son of God.

There are so many people these days looing for signs and wonders and are missing the wonderful opportunity that the grace of God gives all men and that is allowing Jesus to live through them.

Exactly and then they add fleece prayers and things like if it's your will then open the door and if it is not close the door.
Man that will get you in a mess in a hurry.

I for one believe that a "changed life" is the manifestation of God doing something wonderful.

Amen!! God can take a nobody and make a somebody out of them.
It never gets old watching how God works in some ones life and makes a brand new person .

Only God can take a black hearted dead sinner, wash him in the red blood of Jesus Christ and turn him in to a white hearted Son of God.

Amen and over time remove those off white smudges too. :)

Have a Great Day
Blessings
FCJ

Exactly and then they add fleece prayers and things like if it's your will then open the door and if it is not close the door.
Man that will get you in a mess in a hurry.

Amen!! God can take a nobody and make a somebody out of them.
It never gets old watching how God works in some ones life and makes a brand new person .

Amen and over time remove those off white smudges too. :)

Have a Great Day
Blessings
FCJ

Thank you for all those agreements and it is really a joy to see that we are on the same page of understanding! It is a blessing to get flowers.

It is ablessing to know you were encouraged. That my friend is the only reason that I participate on this forum.

I too am concerned at how many people belive that they are saved but then do not know why or how they are saved.

It is my opinion that the church has fallen into the trap of "Religion" where we have placed more faith in what a man says than we do the written Word of God.

We have made God a cosmic Santa Claus where we demand things and claim things from Him instead of living in obedience to Him.

I readily admit that this is the popular way of religion today and may I say then that we should take a step back and look at where that has gotten us.

Day care centers on high school campuses for the 14 and 15 years olds who have had babies.
Every prison in America is at full capacity.
Every hospital is running over.
A man who beats and rapes a woman is out of jail before his victim is out of the hospital.

Major are you talking about churches in america? I dont live there but I notice american style churches can be very different from other kinds. For example, there are new modern church transplants that are here in nz and they cater to those with itching ears. We know them as 'prosperity gospel' where the preacher is very flashy with nice clothes and plenty of money but actually they are preaching in vain. There is one thats up the road from me that puts signs out saying 'free coffee' every time they have a service in a rented sports stadium. I just think thats weird, why would you go to church for free coffee? Isnt what God offers more than coffee?! They should put a sign saying 'free salvation!'

We know them as 'prosperity gospel' where the preacher is very flashy with nice clothes and plenty of money but actually they are preaching in vain
So you are Judging them by their clothes now are you and you actually had the Holy Spirit tell you they are preaching in vain?
Talk about itchy ears...lol
Blessing

the preacher is very flashy with nice clothes

Just a thought... If we read how God dressed the priests in the old testament (Exodus 28) ... These preachers probably don't look as nicely dressed... So we can see that God wants His people (especially His pastors and preachers) to look sharp :) it's an honor to Him to treat our pastors and preachers like royalty actually above royalty... For they are called to be an extension of God to the people... Just like we as His Children are called to be separated from the world.. and examples of His love to everyone we encounter ... No matter how they treat us. :)

Major are you talking about churches in america? I dont live there but I notice american style churches can be very different from other kinds. For example, there are new modern church transplants that are here in nz and they cater to those with itching ears. We know them as 'prosperity gospel' where the preacher is very flashy with nice clothes and plenty of money but actually they are preaching in vain. There is one thats up the road from me that puts signs out saying 'free coffee' every time they have a service in a rented sports stadium. I just think thats weird, why would you go to church for free coffee? Isnt what God offers more than coffee?! They should put a sign saying 'free salvation!'

I am talking about the church in general which is all over this earth. Over my life I have been blessed to be able to visit several foreign lands and what I have seen is applied to all.

I am in agreement with you my sister. There are those who teach things that they want to believe in but which are not in the Scriptures.

We are now living in the time of 2 Timothy 4:1-4...…………
"In the presence of God and of Christ Jesus, who will judge the living and the dead, and in view of his appearing and his kingdom, I give you this charge: Preach the word; be prepared in season and out of season; correct, rebuke and encourage-with great patience and careful instruction. For the time will come when people will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear. They will turn their ears away from the truth and turn aside to myths."

I am talking about the church in general which is all over this earth. Over my life I have been blessed to be able to visit several foreign lands and what I have seen is applied to all.

I am in agreement with you my sister. There are those who teach things that they want to believe in but which are not in the Scriptures.

We are now living in the time of 2 Timothy 4:1-4...…………
"In the presence of God and of Christ Jesus, who will judge the living and the dead, and in view of his appearing and his kingdom, I give you this charge: Preach the word; be prepared in season and out of season; correct, rebuke and encourage-with great patience and careful instruction. For the time will come when people will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear. They will turn their ears away from the truth and turn aside to myths."
Its important that people teach from the Bible and not make up mythical stories like CS Lewis. I have a bit of a beef with CS Lewis fans... he may have been a christian but its not like hes a prophet and he didnt write scripture. Why are some people always quoting what he said and not what the Bible says? Lol

Another is that what is the difference between a preacher and a motivational speaker. You dont want to go to church and it ends up being an .amway meeting! (I have been to an amway meeting...never again!)

Just a thought... If we read how God dressed the priests in the old testament (Exodus 28) ... These preachers probably don't look as nicely dressed... So we can see that God wants His people (especially His pastors and preachers) to look sharp :) it's an honor to Him to treat our pastors and preachers like royalty actually above royalty... For they are called to be an extension of God to the people... Just like we as His Children are called to be separated from the world.. and examples of His love to everyone we encounter ... No matter how they treat us. :)

Agreed to a point.

Pastors IMO should dress like men of God as you pointed out. When they are standing in the pulpit they are going to work and there boss is the Lord Jesus Christ. They again IMHO should dress approximately including a tie.

It is just like a church A church building should be the best kept building in the community as it is a represenitive of God. It sould be well painted and the grass mowed and the carpets clean.

When we watch a politician on TV, they are always dressed in a tie and coat.
When we watch news men on TV they are always in a coat and ties.
When we go for a job interview we should always dress correctly.

WHY? Because they are at work!!!!

But that is just me.

Its important that people teach from the Bible and not make up mythical stories like CS Lewis. I have a bit of a beef with CS Lewis fans... he may have been a christian but its not like hes a prophet and he didnt write scripture. Why are some people always quoting what he said and not what the Bible says? Lol

Another is that what is the difference between a preacher and a motivational speaker. You dont want to go to church and it ends up being an .amway meeting! (I have been to an amway meeting...never again!)

I have to disagree with you here. CS Lewis was in deed a motivated, and grounded Christian. He was a prolific writer in many areas which in no way limts his faith.

I have to disagree with you here. CS Lewis was in deed a motivated, and grounded Christian. He was a prolific writer in many areas which in no way limts his faith.
I didnt say he wasnt but that some people would rather talk and quote about what he said and thought than share scripture directly from the Bible.

Agreed to a point.

Pastors IMO should dress like men of God as you pointed out. When they are standing in the pulpit they are going to work and there boss is the Lord Jesus Christ. They again IMHO should dress approximately including a tie.

It is just like a church A church building should be the best kept building in the community as it is a represenitive of God. It sould be well painted and the grass mowed and the carpets clean.

When we watch a politician on TV, they are always dressed in a tie and coat.
When we watch news men on TV they are always in a coat and ties.
When we go for a job interview we should always dress correctly.

WHY? Because they are at work!!!!

But that is just me.
I thought it was meant to be a dog collar or clerical collar. Ties are for business people.

I thought it was meant to be a dog collar or clerical collar. Ties are for business people.

"Ties are for business people"...……..
And when the man of God stands up for God in God's pulpit he is doing the "Business" of God which is giving out the gospel of God so that men can be saved.

I didnt say he wasnt but that some people would rather talk and quote about what he said and thought than share scripture directly from the Bible.

Would that idea also apply Drs. J Vernon Magee and Green and Feinburg,and Hindson and Kroll and Lindsey, and on and on and on?????

My dear sister, me thinks that you are being way to judgmental here. God has allowed great Christin men and women to expound and teach us the great things of His Word and I for one am blessed to be able to read and study their teachings "with my Bible open".

Example. In Genesis 1:26 we read that God said, "Let us make man in our image".
Does anyone know what the correct Hebrew word that is used to define "US".??????
If a Bible scholar did not do the work and explain it to us whould we know what it is??????
I am sure that we would not know.
The word is plural and can only mean "3" thus in the 1st chapter of the Bible we have the Trinity.

God has given all of us the freedom of choice and the Holy Spirit to teach us and when we read any commentary from any one, we are free to reject it and allow the Holy Spirit to teach us. But remember this...…...the same Holy Spirit that teaches "You" also has taught those great people like CS Lewis.

"Ties are for business people"...……..
And when the man of God stands up for God in God's pulpit he is doing the "Business" of God which is giving out the gospel of God so that men can be saved.
But theres a special collar for that so we know the man of God isnt doing it for the money. Is how I see it.
Theres a difference between working for thr Lord and working for mammon yet saying you are working for the Lord.

Would that idea also apply Drs. J Vernon Magee and Green and Feinburg,and Hindson and Kroll and Lindsey, and on and on and on?????

My dear sister, me thinks that you are being way to judgmental here. God has allowed great Christin men and women to expound and teach us the great things of His Word and I for one am blessed to be able to read and study their teachings "with my Bible open".

Example. In Genesis 1:26 we read that God said, "Let us make man in our image".
Does anyone know what the correct Hebrew word that is used to define "US".??????
If a Bible scholar did not do the work and explain it to us whould we know what it is??????
I am sure that we would not know.
The word is plural and can only mean "3" thus in the 1st chapter of the Bible we have the Trinity.

God has given all of us the freedom of choice and the Holy Spirit to teach us and when we read any commentary from any one, we are free to reject it and allow the Holy Spirit to teach us. But remember this...…...the same Holy Spirit that teaches "You" also has taught those great people like CS Lewis.
I dont know who those people are sorry. Should I?

When I was teaching the Bible in school we were taught it wasnt about us (teachers) it was about the word of God. We had to allow the holy spirit to work through us so he could shine his light. It wasnt about us we were just the messengers.We prayed that each and evey child would know the love of God through His word and our actions. Not our words, His word.

But theres a special collar for that so we know the man of God isnt doing it for the money. Is how I see it.
Theres a difference between working for thr Lord and working for mammon yet saying you are working for the Lord.

The funny thing is, that we will never know by outward appearances what's in their hearts, only God knows a person's true inner thoughts. Look at all the Catholic priests that wear collars and who have been the center of scandal for a very long time.

Back