Does Anyone Want A Bible?

bobinfaith

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Hello brothers and sisters;

I have a couple of Bibles that I obtained when I was attending seminary. They are Holman Christian Standard Bibles. The covers are burgundy and black. They're both brand new and I would like to bless anyone who needs a Bible.

I believe the font size is 9.5. I wear reading glasses and have no problem with this font.

I'll offer to pay the postage to ship them. Please see the attached photo. Here is some more information about the HCSB.

Optimal Equivalence – A Beautiful Balance
The HCSB employs a translation philosophy known as Optimal Equivalence, which seeks to achieve an optimal balance of linguistic precision with contemporary clarity. In the many places throughout Scripture where a word-for-word rendering is clearly understandable, a literal translation is used. In places where a word-for-word rendering might obscure the meaning for a modern audience, a more dynamic translation is favored. This process assures that both the words and thoughts contained in the original are conveyed as accurately as possible.

The Holman Christian Standard Bible is a trusted, original translation of God’s Word. A team of more than 100 scholars from 17 denominations pursued two ideals with every translation decision: each word must be faithful to the original languages of the Bible and each word must reflect clear, contemporary English.

The text of this page was written and provided for your information by our kind friends at Holman Bible Publishers.
© Holman Bible Publishers, all rights reserved. Used with permission.

Since I only have 2 HCSB, first come first serve. Please send me a PM if you are interested in this Bible.

God bless you and thank you.

Bob

Attachments

• Two New HCSB Bibles.jpg
    Two New HCSB Bibles.jpg
    454.5 KB · Views: 9
Hello brothers and sisters;

I have a couple of Bibles that I obtained when I was attending seminary. They are Holman Christian Standard Bibles. The covers are burgundy and black. They're both brand new and I would like to bless anyone who needs a Bible.

I believe the font size is 9.5. I wear reading glasses and have no problem with this font.

I'll offer to pay the postage to ship them. Please see the attached photo. Here is some more information about the HCSB.

Optimal Equivalence – A Beautiful Balance
The HCSB employs a translation philosophy known as Optimal Equivalence, which seeks to achieve an optimal balance of linguistic precision with contemporary clarity. In the many places throughout Scripture where a word-for-word rendering is clearly understandable, a literal translation is used. In places where a word-for-word rendering might obscure the meaning for a modern audience, a more dynamic translation is favored. This process assures that both the words and thoughts contained in the original are conveyed as accurately as possible.

The Holman Christian Standard Bible is a trusted, original translation of God’s Word. A team of more than 100 scholars from 17 denominations pursued two ideals with every translation decision: each word must be faithful to the original languages of the Bible and each word must reflect clear, contemporary English.

The text of this page was written and provided for your information by our kind friends at Holman Bible Publishers.
© Holman Bible Publishers, all rights reserved. Used with permission.

Since I only have 2 HCSB, first come first serve. Please send me a PM if you are interested in this Bible.

God bless you and thank you.

Bob
Lovely gesture!

Back