Does Bible teaches us to love our family?

Does Bible teaches us to love our family?

Hi i am a new believer, accepted christ last month. As a new believer many people would ask what made you make the decision. I always cannot answer this question properly.

The main thing is i know i accepted christ because i became a more loving person since i first went to church. Therefore my relationship with family became better and better. This is what i answer when i had dinner with my christian fellow.

Can anyone help me find any verse related to loving your parents?

All i found is the opposite, As said in Matthew 10:34-39

34"Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword. 35 For I have come to turn
" 'a man against his father,
a daughter against her mother,
a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law -

36a man's enemies will be the members of his own household.' 37"Anyone who loves his father or mother more than me is not worthy of me; anyone who loves his son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me; 38and anyone who does not take his cross and follow me is not worthy of me. 39Whoever finds his life will lose it, and whoever loses his life for my sake will find it.

As far as loving your parents, you can begin with the Fifth Commandment. If there is more you would like I along with others I'm sure would be more than glad to assist you. God Bless!
'Honor your father and your mother.'

“Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church†(Ephesians 5:25).

Out of Context

Good Day, 'austingan', and welcome.

There are many sections of Scripture that speak about families. Violet has provided a very good one. You can also look at the Fifth Commandment as mentioned by Freedom 07.

As a new Christian, you will have many questions about things that just don't make much sense right away. The section of Matthew 10 (KJV) that you are quoting is out of context regarding the rest of Matthew 10 (KJV). You MUST read the entire chapter as a concept and not pick apart small sections.

In part of Matthew 10 (KJV), we are told what will take place during the time that the Antichrist is here pretending to be Christ. This is a prophesy and explaination of the FUTURE because the Antichrist has NOT arrived here yet. Many things must take place on earth before he arrives claiming to be Christ.The Book of Revelation 1-22 (KJV) will give you those pre-requisites and a time line to go by.

What is being mentioned throughout Matthew 10 (KJV) is the fact that those persons who have been denominationally deceived and who have no idea that the Antichrist comes to earth first, will deliver up their more biblically literate relatives to Satan in his role as the Antichrist. in Matthew 10:21 (KJV) - the word "death" in the first part of the verse is from the original Greek language and is just another reference to the doctrines of Satan. HE IS 'death' - to any who believe upon him... their soul will not make it into the eternity.

An example would be like this. Mom has been a devout follower of a particular denomination for 40 years. She has never been taught by that denomination about the Antichrist OR what is contained in the Book of Revelation. Her daughter attends a Bible teaching church different from Mom's and KNOWS all about the correct time lines of the Antichrist. When the Antichrist does appear, Mom will worship him as Christ because she just doesn't know any better. Mom will try to convince her daughter that she is right and the daughter is wrong. Mom will turn in her daughter to the Antichrist and his army so the "poor daughter" can be made to believe unto him - the FALSE CHRIST.

THAT is what is being talked about in parts of Matthew 10 (KJV) and individual portions should not be read as separate facts. The whole CHAPTER must be taken as an entire thought process.

Hope that helps you to understand this part of Matthew a bit better.

<>

The scripture indeed teaches us to love our families and to lay down our lives for one another. The scriptures you refer to refer to folks who reject their family members beacause they love Jesus. We are likewise admonished to put Christ first even if that means rejection from our family members.
As far as being fooled by the antichrist it is the ones who love Jesus and know His heart that will not be fooled. Head knowledge without heart knowledge will always cause one to fall into deception.
May God richly bless you, love your family with His love, your brother Larry

Back