Does God care about our personal preferences?

Via dolarossa

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Secretary
How much does God care about the things in our life that isn’t about sin.

Things like our career, ( as long as it’s not immoral)

Our spouse, as long as they are Christian.

The choice of town/ city

Our house etc…

I have noticed, The things that don’t go against His Heart, He seems to be more silent on, almost like He dosent care🙁

He has given us free will, yet He guides us along our path. Our spouse He says not to be unequally yoked. I believe He puts us where He wants us and when He wants us there, it is up to us to continue living a God honoring life no matter where we are. Someone is always watching you. Be ready to give your testimony at any time. Paul said he had learned to be content with what he had whether in wealth or in poverty. We should praise God in everything.

I love my sons. While I try to help them make good choices, my relationship is not about me making decisions for them. This is a model of part of our relationship to our Heavenly Father.

God cares about everything in our lives. Not primarily as a judge ( are we sinning? ), but as a father. He wants us to be happy and productive. If we are sensitive to the leading of the Spirit and follow that leading, we will be our most happy selves.

The choice of town/ city

Our house etc…

I have noticed, The things that don’t go against His Heart, He seems to be more silent on, almost like He dosent care🙁
He cares about everything

How much does God care about the things in our life that isn’t about sin. Things like our career, ( as long as it’s not immoral) Our spouse, as long as they are Christian. The choice of town/ city Our house etc…I have noticed, The things that don’t go against His Heart, He seems to be more silent on, almost like He dosent care🙁

Hello Via;

God's creation are His treasures especially when we honor His only Begotten Son. Therefore, God cares very much about the things in our life.

I feel that the things that don't go against His Heart, He does care very much. The things that do go against His Heart, for example, sin, He cannot condone sin, but still, He cares very much because He loves you and desires we all walk in obedience to Him.

At times when I feel He doesn't seem to care is because I may be in the thick of a trial and feel alone lacking faith in Him. But not to worry, He is very much there and will guide us through completion because He really does care.

My wife and I just mailed a CD to a friend overseas and without a doubt God does care about this thing in our life. 😎

God bless you, Via and your family.

?
I don't see silence as a bad thing with God.
While there may seem to be more Word on what NOT to do, there is also plenty of Word on what to do like..thing on things that are noble, lovely and of good report.

I also think we don't have as much choice as we think we do. Maybe if you are rich you have more options, but most of the time, it's actually a very limited choice in what we get in life, though we still need to make a choice even if it's just between this thing and nothing.

The choice of town/ city

Our house etc…

Psalm 37:
3 Trust in the Lord, and do good;
Dwell in the land, and feed on His faithfulness.
4 Delight yourself also in the Lord,
And He shall give you the desires of your heart.
5 Commit your way to the Lord,
Trust also in Him,
And He shall bring it to pass.
6 He shall bring forth your righteousness as the light,
And your justice as the noonday.

I'd say He does care about what you care about.

?
I don't see silence as a bad thing with God.
While there may seem to be more Word on what NOT to do, there is also plenty of Word on what to do like..thing on things that are noble, lovely and of good report. I also think we don't have as much choice as we think we do. Maybe if you are rich you have more options, but most of the time, it's actually a very limited choice in what we get in life, though we still need to make a choice even if it's just between this thing and nothing.

Hello Lanolin;

You are correct. Silence is not bad thing with God. Actually, it's a wise thing. I always preach, to be still, wait quietly as God has gone ahead of you in all things.

God bless you, sister.

God is a creator. He made us in His image. Therefore, He intends for us to be creators also. I think His silence on things we bring to Him sometimes may be that He wants us to decide and go one of many paths He has laid before us. Kinda like, "I made you with free will, now is the time to use it to show yourself what it is you need to learn or work on. I want to see what you create."
I think God gets tremendous joy from watching His children grow and create and accomplish things working through His power.

God is a creator. He made us in His image. Therefore, He intends for us to be creators also. I think His silence on things we bring to Him sometimes may be that He wants us to decide and go one of many paths He has laid before us. Kinda like, "I made you with free will, now is the time to use it to show yourself what it is you need to learn or work on. I want to see what you create."
I think God gets tremendous joy from watching His children grow and create and accomplish things working through His power.
Yeh, kinda like, if you don’t hear from me, My Spirit, just do it…

I get a check in my spirit if it’s wrong, so yes I agree.

The choice of town/ city

Our house etc…

God works behind the scenes to set the stage for all of life's circumstances. The steps of a good man are ordered by the Lord.

Back