Does God Change His mind

My only point was in the fact that "Pitiful, and Compassionate" might potentially imply that God could let the punnishment "SLIDE" without retribution.

Our "Just" God does not allow the penalty to go unpaid, hense the precious blood of our Lord and Savior.

Justice comes with a price. And in this case, a very high price.

It may sound like I'm splitting hairs, or manipulating linguistics, but I believe that the distinction between Just, and Pity carries a significant distinction.

The Lord be with you all. :)

My only point was in the fact that "Pitiful, and Compassionate" might potentially imply that God could let the punnishment "SLIDE" without retribution.

Our "Just" God does not allow the penalty to go unpaid, hense the precious blood of our Lord and Savior.

Justice comes with a price. And in this case, a very high price.

It may sound like I'm splitting hairs, or manipulating linguistics, but I believe that the distinction between Just, and Pity carries a significant distinction.

The Lord be with you all. :)

I agree and God has so many atributes that it would take us all night to count them.

But the greatest is LOVE.

Numbers 23:19 .....God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent: hath he said, and shall he not do it? or hath he spoken, and shall he not make it good

That's an interesting question. Remember the conversation God had with Abraham in Genesis 18. They seemed to barter with one another.

God is all knowing, both past and future, and that being the case, it is difficul to say that He changes His mind, because it has all been predestined.

However God does respond to prayer, and God does provide things for us when we ask.

If I were taking my daughter to the doctor for a checkup, and on the way she asked; "Can we stop and get an ice cream?"
I didn't really change my mind, We're still going to the doctor, but I might be willing to meet her request on the way.

God did change His mind.
Exodus 32: 9--14.

A distinction indeed, along with the uncomprehensible truth that is within these words.

God's mind doesn't change. Gravit doesn't change. The affect of gravity/physics changes on a man falling out of a plane because he opened his parachute. You know what I mean? God is set as Love, Justice, Truth. Any change is change in condition. The condition of creation that was given free will. Like the change in drag when the guy decided to open his parachute.

Keep in mind, God defines what is just. What we learn from Him points towards it, but we know very little in the big picture.

Back