Does God Like Surprises

Psalm 37:23 The LORD directs the steps of the godly. He delights in every detail of their lives.

Once we have decided to follow Him, He can predict / knows/ directs our next move. When He sees our hearts hardening He can predict / know what is coming. When a sinner does not repent He can predict / know the future of that person in that state. But He does not know if a sinner is going to repent. If He did John 3:16 would read ''For God so loved the world that when John, Mary, CCW and Justpassingthru believe in Him, they will not perish''. David was a man after God's heart Acts 13:22.

Yes, once all is said and done, He knows all that took place. As things are being done, He sees and knows what is being done. But this does not include 'pre-knowing' the decision of our hearts. He can see signs of a conversion / hardening coming. But He does not know it in advance / from birth. If God did....why put us on earth? Why not put all the good people that will be saved in heaven?

This is a very interesting verse. In the beginning it bats hard for Calvinism /predestination. But then it ends with ''I will do all that I please''.

When God came to Earth did He not limit His omnipotence? He put Himself at the mercy of humans and the devil. How can God do this when scripture says He is the alpha and Omega / The most powerful being in the universe? Surely...because it pleased Him? Being good, merciful, impartial pleases Him. So we have a God that can do whatever He wants. Can know whatever He wants. But does that translate into Him actually doing evil? 'Knowing things' that make Him evil? We need to add good + omnipotent + omniscient. God chooses to limit His omniscience. We see it in all the scriptures where He changes His mind and in how He says His will is X (all be saved) but reality is Y (not all will be saved).

This is just touching Calvinism now. Predestination / this verse simply means that we, ''''the whomsoever will'' Rev 22:17 are chosen to be in Christ. It is not saying John, Mary, CCW and Justpassingthru are chosen in Christ.

Anyone being chosen in Christ from before the foundations of the earth is subject to a condition. That condition is our will. Our will being controlled / known by God is not where scripture points.

We do not know what is going happen before it happens, but the Lords does, and this is why it very important to follow his guidance.
Since God knows about coming troubles, he can guide us around them. If we are disobedient then that trouble comes our way. If Adam would have listened to God things would have been a lot different today. Everything the Lord tells to do is for our benefit not his. The Lord directs the steps of the Godly, and he delights in their ways which was directed by him.
All the names written in "the Lamb's Book of Life" were written before the foundation of the world. These names were known of God before the earth was ever created, as God knows according to his foreknowledge every action of every man he will make before he makes them. We do not know what our actions will be until we do them. He gives man that choice to choose life or death, blessing or cursing.
Jesus as a man learned and grew in wisdom and stature in his physical mind, but in his divine nature which he also had, he knew all things, and he was never surprised over anything.
Even though God wants all men to be saved, yet all men will not be saved, but he knows all who will be saved, and this is why Jesus said...

Joh 6:39 And this is the will of him who sent me, that I shall lose none of all those he has given me, but raise them up at the last day.

When do you suppose God gave to Jesus all those whom he will rise up? Is God sitting on the side lines waiting for people to come unto him so he can see who they are? Not a chance, as he already knew before the creation of the world who they were.

Last edited:
I would be interested to know how you determine who is "anointed" and who is not.
It is very simple, those who are of God hears his voice and those who are not of God do not hear his voice. My sheep know my voice and they follow me. All others are just floundering around ever learning and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth. They disguise themselves as ministers of righteousness, but inside they just ravaging wolves.

It is very simple, those who are of God hears his voice and those who are not of God do not hear his voice. My sheep know my voice and they follow me. All others are just floundering around ever learning and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth. They disguise themselves as ministers of righteousness, but inside they just ravaging wolves.
I don't think I could tell based on that. Since practically everyone out there says practically the same things.

I don't think I could tell based on that. Since practically everyone out there says practically the same things.
Truth is truth, and yes there are many in the world who know God personally, and he reveals his truth to them, but hides it from others who don't know him.

Truth is truth, and yes there are many in the world who know God personally, and he reveals his truth to them, but hides it from others who don't know him.
Could anyone not make the statement that God has revealed His truth to them? Don't many televangelists do that very thing? What about someone like Ted Cruz who said recently God speaks to him in his head? How do we know whether to believe him or not? Or anyone else?

Could anyone not make the statement that God has revealed His truth to them? Don't many televangelists do that very thing? What about someone like Ted Cruz who said recently God speaks to him in his head? How do we know whether to believe him or not? Or anyone else?
I don't know "Ted Cruz" or what he believes. I can tell you God never speaks to our head, but man's heart. Spirit speaks to spirit, not Spirit to flesh. Those who are truly born of the Word, by the Spirit of God can easily recognize that same Spirit in others.

I don't know "Ted Cruz" or what he believes. I can tell you God never speaks to our head, but man's heart. Spirit speaks to spirit, not Spirit to flesh. Those who are truly born of the Word, by the Spirit of God can easily recognize that same Spirit in others.
Joel Osteen, Jimmy Swaggart, Benny Hinn, Joyce Meyer, Franklin Graham - which of these has the spirit of truth of God and which does not? And how can we tell?

Who do you think?
Since you asked, I think every one of them is a con man/woman. But I think it needs to be pointed out that anyone can call themselves anointed, they might even well believe themselves to be, but aren't. My question to you is how to tell the ones who are from the ones who aren't. They all spout scripture pretty convincingly.

Since you asked, I think every one of them is a con man/woman. But I think it needs to be pointed out that anyone can call themselves anointed, they might even well believe themselves to be, but aren't. My question to you is how to tell the ones who are from the ones who aren't. They all spout scripture pretty convincingly.

First of all, you have to be born again before you can discern the anointing in others. When a person receives Christ into their heart they become a new creation. Christ is now their new life. The word "Christ" means "anointed"
I don't know too much about Joel Osteen, but I did know about his Father, and he was a man of God, anointed of the Spirit. Jimmy Swaggart I know about but have little knowledge of his beliefs. Benny Hinn is anointed. Joyce Meyer yes, and also Franklin Graham.

Catholics believe they are "born again" at the time of their baptism, as infants. Since they don't follow your belief of what it means to be born again, does that then mean that no Catholics are "anointed" as you call it?

Catholics believe they are "born again" at the time of their baptism, as infants. Since they don't follow your belief of what it means to be born again, does that then mean that no Catholics are "anointed" as you call it?
I was raised Roman Catholic, and I can assure you I was not saved when I was a infant. Salvation comes through revelation of who Jesus is which comes from God the Father through the Holy Spirit. Knowing and believing is everything. Why ask me about these things as you should already know them. What does scripture say? There you will find all your answers.

I was raised Roman Catholic, and I can assure you I was not saved when I was a infant. Salvation comes through revelation of who Jesus is which comes from God the Father through the Holy Spirit. Knowing and believing is everything. Why ask me about these things as you should already know them. What does scripture say? There you will find all your answers.
As always, you have one perception of what the truth is and others - let's say Catholics as in this example - have theirs, and it's not your place to tell other Christians they are wrong. I further don't believe it's your place to tell people who are saved and who are not, as that's up to God. I'll tell you why I think you're wrong - because you practice believer's baptism. I believe baptism is for the remission of original sin, not for ACTUAL sin. But that is only my opinion.

The point of all this is you're telling Christians that you have to have some special gift from God of "anointing," and you make it sound like some secret club that only the elite chosen Christians you know about belong to. Try to see how arrogant that appears in the face of other Christians who humbly try to live a life pleasing to God.

There is no need to be so rude and ugly. This is also not a subject that needs a heated debate (Please re-read my first line in the post above). Perhaps when you apologize / calm down we can resume discussion.

Are you Calvinist? If you Google 'inherent omniscience' you will better see where I am coming from ;).

Voilá, your standard MO, start the name calling, and trying to put the blame on me when you can't answer the question, there is nothing rude, ugly or silly about asking you to authenticate what you preach on a Christian, Bible believing Forum.

And stop trying to categorize me, I've never read the works of Calvin or Arminius, and truthfully I'm not really interested in man's viewpoint, ...there's or yours.

So far, in this thread, you have stated that Einstein didn't know what he was talking about so that means the NASA Space Program was a hoax, because they used his work,

you believe God is a creation rather than the Creator,

"We '''''assume''''' God knows everything. Does anyone know how God was made? Does anyone know God's lifespan?"

You don't believe it was the foreordained plan of God for His Son to be crucified at the hands of men, Acts 2:23

"God limits His omniscience for us. Why is that such a surprise to any of us? Did God not do that when He went to the cross / put Himself at the mercy of humans and the devil?"

then first you say there is time in Heaven,

"You are not even trying to visualize what happens in heaven. Yes, time works differently in heaven."

then you say there isn't time in Heaven,

"There is no time in heaven...,"

There's lots more, but I thinks that's enough for people to determine what is Truth,

Did you even read 1 Jn 2:27, do you understand what it means?

But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.

True, born-again children of God have the Holy Spirit indwelling them, it's part of His job to teach His children the Truth, so when someone says they are speaking in the Name of the Lord and it's isn't true, ...notice the part about a lie, it's the Greek word
pseudos, just like in English it means false, pretend, pseudos comes from the Greek root word that means to utter an untruth or attempt to deceive by falsehood, so naturally, since the Holy Spirit can only speak Truth He witnesses to our spirits that what we are hearing is not from Him, ...amazing how many here don't understand that.

So, I'm not being rude, ugly or silly to ask you the question where did the Holy Spirit say in the Word that God is not omniscience, but rather following the teaching He has given us to substantiate everything we hear with the Word, Acts, 17:11, 1 The 5:21, Isa 8:20,

so, can you please provide for us a Scripture, not you opinions or conclusions to authenticate what you are saying.

I think that if you are a Christian, you are following religious concepts and beliefs.

Peace, I'm not looking to argue, but the word Christian and religious are at opposite ends of the spectrum and are completely opposed to each other.

The word Christian was originally introduced into the Bible by the enemies of those that followed Jesus Christ, it is said by the historians of those days it was a derogatory remark and it meant like Christ, or Christ-like. Today it is the other way around with people that take it upon themselves to say they follow Christ, are Christ like when the life they live is anything and everything but Christ like.

Religion comes to us from the Latin re- back+ ligare to bind which if the word were to be translated correctly into English it would be rebind, so anyone that claims to be religious is actually saying they were free once but have now been rebound.

With that in mind you can see lots of people that are pseudos Christians and those that are bound, ...Jesus said He came to set the captives free Luke 4:18, unfortunately many who have been born again go back into captivity and become religious to there detriment.

When a person accepts the Gospel and receives Jesus as their Lord and Savior, they are born again, it's a relationship with God not some religious, rules, regulations and requirements, that's being rebound, ...just think a minute, what religious rules, regulations or requirements did you have to do to be a child of your parents, none, ...you were born into the family and there wasn't anything you had to do to remain a member of the family.

Blessings,

Gene

As always, you have one perception of what the truth is and others - let's say Catholics as in this example - have theirs, and it's not your place to tell other Christians they are wrong. I further don't believe it's your place to tell people who are saved and who are not, as that's up to God. I'll tell you why I think you're wrong - because you practice believer's baptism. I believe baptism is for the remission of original sin, not for ACTUAL sin. But that is only my opinion.

The point of all this is you're telling Christians that you have to have some special gift from God of "anointing," and you make it sound like some secret club that only the elite chosen Christians you know about belong to. Try to see how arrogant that appears in the face of other Christians who humbly try to live a life pleasing to God.

Did we not already have this discussion before about a month or so ago. You are still bringing up the same old things time and time again. Remember I have already told you before, in fact today, and also the last time you brought this up before.
Those who do not know God are ever learning and NEVER able to come to the knowledge of the truth, and that is why they keep asking the same questions over, and over again because they just can not grasp the truth even after they are given the answer. You fit into that group of people.

Back