Does God love everyone equally?

Romans 2:11 . . . "There is no respect of persons with God."

I believe God loves us all the same.
However, because of our different personalities
I believe He deals with us differently.
Just my opinion. :israel:

This is if course just my opinion:

Those He foreknows He predestines. Those He knows will come to Him He loves with an everlasting love. Those who will not come are destined for another purpose.

Rom 9:8 That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed.
Rom 9:9 For this is the word of promise, At this time will I come, and Sara shall have a son.
Rom 9:10 And not only this; but when Rebecca also had conceived by one, even by our father Isaac;
Rom 9:11 (For the children being not yet born, neither having done any good or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works, but of him that calleth;)
Rom 9:12 It was said unto her, The elder shall serve the younger.
Rom 9:13 As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated.
Rom 9:14 What shall we say then? Is there unrighteousness with God? God forbid.
Rom 9:15 For he saith to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion.
Rom 9:16 So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.

Rom 9:17 For the scripture saith unto Pharaoh, Even for this same purpose have I raised thee up, that I might shew my power in thee, and that my name might be declared throughout all the earth.
Rom 9:18 Therefore hath he mercy on whom he will have mercy, and whom he will he hardeneth.
Rom 9:19 Thou wilt say then unto me, Why doth he yet find fault? For who hath resisted his will?
Rom 9:20 Nay but, O man, who art thou that repliest against God? Shall the thing formed say to him that formed it, Why hast thou made me thus?
Rom 9:21 Hath not the potter power over the clay, of the same lump to make one vessel unto honour, and another unto dishonour?
Rom 9:22What if God, willing to shew his wrath, and to make his power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction:
Rom 9:23 And that he might make known the riches of his glory on the vessels of mercy, which he had afore prepared unto glory,

In Christ we are loved with the same love He loves His Son for when He looks at us He see's the righteousness of His Son.

To Him we're all little babies. His little babies.

He made all of us...not just one or two. All of us.

I like to believe that his love is spread evenly...there's enough to go around for everybody, if they want it. From those who believe we're the holiest of holies right down to the very last sinner, I believe in my heart that God loves us all equally.

:smile_anim:

I believe what His Word says -in His holy God says He hates some- my believing different would have no impact on that reality- selah.

I believe what His Word says -in His holy God says He hates some- my believing different would have no impact on that reality- selah.
And that ,ladies and gentlemen, is a kaboom statement.:D
Well said, Boan. I believe that is the biggest obstacle of faith; accepting and loving God for who He is, instead of who we would prefer Him to be.

As InHisLove pointed out, God is no respector of persons and He does love all, but I do believe He has shown favor with some over others. This may be due to the fact that He, (God) knows the heart and He has a special assignment for their life. Example..... Moses, Noah, Adam.... etc..etc and there may be some today. But, remember we were back then and still today are all sinners and He still loves us. He may hurt when we turn from Him, but this does not mean that He loves us any less. These are my thoughts (also a sinner) so take from it what you will.

As InHisLove pointed out, God is no respector of persons and He does love all, but I do believe He has shown favor with some over others. This may be due to the fact that He, (God) knows the heart and He has a special assignment for their life. Example..... Moses, Noah, Adam.... etc..etc and there may be some today. But, remember we were back then and still today are all sinners and He still loves us. He may hurt when we turn from Him, but this does not mean that He loves us any less. These are my thoughts (also a sinner) so take from it what you will.
:amen: Freedom07 :amen:

One of the great verses in life - - Romans 2:11

For God does not show favoritism (NIV, NLT)
For there is no partiality with God (New American Standard, ESV, NKJV)
For God shows no partiality [undue favor or unfairness; with Him one man is not different from another] (Amplified)
For there is no respect of persons with God (KJV)
God doesn't have any favorites! (CEV)
For God judges all people in the same way. (NCV)
for there is no acceptance of persons with God. (Darby)
There is not one who understands. There is not one who tries to find God. (NLV)

I agree totally, God is no repector of persons. The price for every sin must be paid in full for each of us. If we are found in Christ we are free to receive God's love. If we are not found in Christ then we cannot receive His love but only a fearful expectation of judgement.

At any rate, Boanerges is right, or rather, he is simply biblical.... and while it is hard in today's world, where the worst thing you can do is to say someone is wrong... where the conception of God is a giant Santa Claus or grandfather figure in the sky.... where we would stand in judgment over God if we felt He was doing something politically incorrect... well despite all these things, the Bible, and God for that matter, are not politically correct.... the word plainly says that God hates some people...

Psalms 5:5 (ESV)
5 The boastful shall not stand before your eyes; you hate all evildoers.

Psalms 26:5 (ESV)
5 I hate the assembly of evildoers, and I will not sit with the wicked.

As author Bruce Demerest points out "Although Esau was Jacob’s elder brother, Yahweh declared, “I have loved Jacob, but Esau have I hated.” The Hebrew verb ˒āhab here means to “prefer,” while the verb to “hate” signifies to “value less highly” (see Deut 22:13, 16; Prov 13:24; 14:20; cf. Gen 29:31–33; Deut 21:16–17; Matt 6:24; Luke 14:26; John 12:25). The sense of a ‘holy hatred’ on God’s part (Ps 5:5; 11:5) is not in view here. Thus God loved the younger son Jacob more intensely and the elder son Esau less so, which means that in his sovereign wisdom God elected only Jacob. “When Yahweh says, ‘I have loved Jacob,’ he means, ‘I chose Jacob,’ and when he says, ‘I hated Esau,’ he means, ‘I did not choose Esau.’ ” God’s choice of Israel and his decision to pass by Edom commenced with the heads of their respective lines. In his preaching Jerry Falwell has stated that God loves all persons in equal measure. Scripture suggests otherwise. The point of the above texts is that salvation resides entirely with God: “Salvation comes from the Lord” (Jon 2:9).” (”Demarest, Bruce A.: The Cross and Salvation : The Doctrine of Salvation. Wheaton, Ill. : Crossway Books, 1997, S. 123)

blessings,
Ken

Genesis 1:27
So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them.

So if God made us in His image, why would He not love us all the same ?

It's not very important, but there are many passages throughout the Bible that speak of "Favor".

This below was spoken by YHVH
Leviticus 26:9 NIV
9 " 'I will look on you with favor and make you fruitful and increase your numbers, and I will keep my covenant with you.

Jesus did just die for Mary, Sue and Jackie! He died for us all! So according to that I would say yes he loved us ALL equally, although sometimes it dosent feel like it!:)

It's not very important, but there are many passages throughout the Bible that speak of "Favor".

This below was spoken by YHVH
Leviticus 26:9 NIV
9 " 'I will look on you with favor and make you fruitful and increase your numbers, and I will keep my covenant with you.

when God looks at "favor" with someone you can look in different translations and find many other words inplace
in the KJV it uses respect

Back