Does God Reach Out To Everyone?

Does God extend an opportunity of grace to everyone who needs it? I sometimes wonder if some people will go to Hell without ever having an opportunity to accept God's grace. If someone is in need of grace, is there a %100 chance that God will reach out to them, or are some people just out of luck?

My purpose in posting this is to fuel my studies on this topic, and I'm hoping that everyone can give me some great Bible verses to help me determine the truth.

Thank you all, and God bless!

Does God extend an opportunity of grace to everyone who needs it? I sometimes wonder if some people will go to Hell without ever having an opportunity to accept God's grace. If someone is in need of grace, is there a %100 chance that God will reach out to them, or are some people just out of luck?

My purpose in posting this is to fuel my studies on this topic, and I'm hoping that everyone can give me some great Bible verses to help me determine the truth.

Well I think this question requires us to call upon our knowledge of God's character? We know God is just and righteous in all His ways, every man born of a woman will appear before Him. I would not go beyond the scriptures but it is clear that some are destined for destruction. Whatever God does...He is right!

Ro 9:13 As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated.
14 ¶ What shall we say then? Is there unrighteousness with God? God forbid.
15 For he saith to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion.
16 So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.
17 For the scripture saith unto Pharaoh, Even for this same purpose have I raised thee up, that I might shew my power in thee, and that my name might be declared throughout all the earth.
18 Therefore hath he mercy on whom he will have mercy, and whom he will he hardeneth.
19 Thou wilt say then unto me, Why doth he yet find fault? For who hath resisted his will?
20 Nay but, O man, who art thou that repliest against God? Shall the thing formed say to him that formed it, Why hast thou made me thus?
21 Hath not the potter power over the clay, of the same lump to make one vessel unto honour, and another unto dishonour?
22 What if God, willing to shew his wrath, and to make his power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction:

23 And that he might make known the riches of his glory on the vessels of mercy, which he had afore prepared unto glory,
24 Even us, whom he hath called, not of the Jews only, but also of the Gentiles?

You are actually asking several questions.

He only extends "grace" to those who have already accepted Him.
Grace is given when it is needed, not otherwise.
He offers "salvation" to all, regardless of their sins, creed, or culture.

Tit 2:11 For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men,
Tit 2:12 Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world;

God extends his grace for salvation to all men, but not all men accept his offer.

The offer of the free gift of God's grace---His righteousness---is for everyone. Yet, we know that people die every day who have never heard the name of Jesus. What of them?

I believe that God holds people who have never heard of His gracious gift accountable for what revelation they actually do have.

Romans 1:20 (NLT)
For ever since the world was created, people have seen the earth and sky. Through everything God made, they can clearly see his invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature. So they have no excuse for not knowing God.

He says in Deuteronomy 4:29 (NLT)
...And if you search for him with all your heart and soul, you will find him.

...so, He is not an unknowable God, and He is not inaccessible.

Not all who never hear of the Lord Jesus will receive God's mercy, but some will, based upon the revelation they were given in response to their earnest seeking, which is inherent in everyone. those who reject what they have been shown by the Spirit of God are going to receive condemnation, and this realization for us should cause us to ratchet up the boldness within us to seek the lost for the sake of the Kingdom. After all, Jesus Christ has commissioned His people to evangelize the world!

Tit 2:11 For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men,
Tit 2:12 Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world;

God extends his grace for salvation to all men, but not all men accept his offer.
I think that's a very weak translation, the point being that Grace has brought salvation to all men, not that it has appeared to all men.

Tit 2:11 For the grace of God hath appeared, bringing salvation to all men (here is a better reading) ASV (on this scripture)

God's side: God is impartial and just. He is incapable of sending anyone to hell unfairly or undeserving.

Our side: Our intelligence makes us accountable. It is not a case of God needing to reach out to us, but us reaching out to God James 4:8. We have the brains to choose....to harden or soften our hearts James 4:6, to hate evil and cling to what is good Rom 12:9, to get on our knees and repent Psalm 51:17. Consider how God chose Abraham. How scripture says David was a man after God's heart. Consider Abel's sacrifice over Cain's.

The requirements to come to God have always been the same.

Light has come but men loved darkness rather than light because their deeds are evil. This is the condemnation that is in the world. The definition of a unbeliever is someone who knows the truth but has had made a decision not to believe. Even their own conscience knows the difference between right or wrong, good and evil.

I think Romans 1 directly responds to this.. There will be no excuse.. It is possible a person from some tribe might have never heard the name Jesus.. But God would have revealed enough for that person to show faith.. When God called Abraham, there was very limited revelation for Abraham.. He still showed faith. Today we have the Word of God and the entire understanding of salvation.. We are still saved only by faith.. We don't go to heaven based on level of knowledge.. We go to heaven purely based on faith.. Faith on what is revealed to us..

18For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who by their unrighteousness suppress the truth. 19For what can be known about God is plain to them, because God has shown it to them.20For his invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been made. So they are without excuse. 21For although they knew God, they did not honor him as God or give thanks to him, but they became futile in their thinking, and their foolish hearts were darkened. 22Claiming to be wise, they became fools, 23and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images resembling mortal man and birds and animals and creeping things.
24Therefore God gave them up in the lusts of their hearts to impurity, to the dishonoring of their bodies among themselves,25because they exchanged the truth about God for a lie and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever! Amen.

Back