Does God Really Love Me?

Please don't answer this with a generic, "of course He does," because I've heard that from so many before and it doesn't help. I kind of feel like God doesn't love me. I kind of feel like a reject a lot of the time. In fact, I'm terrified of God. I said the prayer multiple times- I just don't feel like I was really adopted. I cry out for His comfort and I just don't feel it. I try to read the bible- I have trouble reading the parts that talk about love because I just don't feel it.

Are some people created to be hard hearted? God hardened pharaoh's heart, he hardened Saul's heart- how do I know I'm not part of His plan in that way? That's been bugging me for a while now.

Does God really love me, is a question I guess I have never asked. Before I knew about him at all ,it was as important as if the guy three blocks away even liked me, as a kid, but as an adult too. So who is supposed to love you ? Parents, family, spouse and kids ? Do they ? Can I tell you if they do ? What do you think.
Lets put this to reason...God says he loves us all, even that jerk who ...well, you knowww.
God created the entire universe for all of us and everything was to be perfect. Surely we would love him. Well, we had to have a choice. Their we flopped. Chose someone else; another of His creations. Who could love us after that? He loves us. We sin just like everyone else. Man was shown that if they sin, that is not love to God. He hates sin. To get us past that, he gave his son's life as a sacrifice for our sins. Was that love ? He gave us dominion over the earth, has open communications with him if your saved. No telling how many times He has saved your booty and you didn't even know about it. Is that love ? As we speak He is preparing a place for our eternal life with Him, one that we cannot imagine. Heaven will be perfect. He will love you always and we don't have to prove it. The Holy Spirit will let you know at the onset, if you want saved, and once saved it will grow but not without your love for Him and study of his word (His Love Letter to You- The Bible)
The bible is such a masterpiece and not an easy read like a regular book. It is stuffed full of golden nuggets of knowledge just waiting for you.

Just a thought for your consideration. Your not feeling like God loves you speaks more to your perception than reality. Over the years, I have been told by a number of people that they thought I was "stuck up" until they got to know me. What they took to be stuck up was actually my being shy, not my snubbing them.

Jesus went to the cross and bore all your sin and shame before the Father so that you might be reconciled to Him. He did that to restore the relationship which sin destroyed. He has prepared a place for you so that you may dwell with Him forever. The longing in your heart to feel connected to Him is evidence that He has not rejected you, nor has he hardened your heart.

So, what is it that makes you feel as if He doesn't love you? What would make you feel loved by Him?

Please don't answer this with a generic, "of course He does," because I've heard that from so many before and it doesn't help. I kind of feel like God doesn't love me. I kind of feel like a reject a lot of the time. In fact, I'm terrified of God. I said the prayer multiple times- I just don't feel like I was really adopted. I cry out for His comfort and I just don't feel it. I try to read the bible- I have trouble reading the parts that talk about love because I just don't feel it.

Are some people created to be hard hearted? God hardened pharaoh's heart, he hardened Saul's heart- how do I know I'm not part of His plan in that way? That's been bugging me for a while now.

yes...it's REALLY had to tell if he loves you or not.
but do you know what you are lacking? Faith!
you have more doubts than faith.

first of all, you would have 2% faith that God loves you, then 8% of doubts overtakes and you question "does he love me, if he loves me why hasn't he..."
when we have doubt...things cannot be possible.
Things can ONLY be possible if we have faith and no doubt.

Just like Peter, Jesus invited him to come to him on water. He started to have faith and started walking towards Jesus. When seeing the storms and waves, he started doubting and started to sink in water.
Have faith and no doubt.

even I pray to him many times, I hear no love, no image, no visitation. Yet I believe and have faith he loves me.
Jesus will be disappointed when PEOPLE doubt him.

if you are terrified of God then that's good! You have -fear- for the Lord.

You try to read the bible and have trouble reading it?
that's because you probably don't have Holy Spirit dwelling in you.

Trust me, because I used to read the bible but it was hard to understand man and VERY confusing!
Until I was saved, was when reading the bible is so clear to me, and the possibility that I thought wasn't possible. I can now quote scriptures from the bible! :D

First of all, what do you want from God? why do you doubt him?

have you given your life to Jesus?
do you believe in him with your mouth and confess with your mouth?
have you repented for your sins?

because if Jesus is in you, you shouldn't have doubts:/
me I wake up every morning always feeling fresh, and I memorise Psalm book verses because the things that happen to me is exactly what is written in Pslams.

Sorry to hear you feel like that. You need to understand that God is no respecter of persons, perfect and loves us all immensely! The limiting factors are always our side! God knows the inner most desires of our hearts. My advice is for you to harshly judge your motivation. Do you 'truly' want to repent of your sins? Do you truly approve of God's ways as revealed by Jesus? Do you truly want to put Him absolutely first in your life and submit to Him forever? The choice is NOT hell or heaven. It is a life with or without God.

Im sorry for what youre feeling but , I wonder why you feel that way. You kind of tried hard to read the bible and get closer to God but you end up being disappointed. They say, to be able to appreciate something, we should be able to change our mindset, if you think it has to do with being hardhearted. It is really hard to do, I know...and it takes a lot of patience to do so. But if you are willing to, that is not impossible.
We are made by God for a purpose, so you should have a purpose as well... maybe by wondering why you cant ever feel a connection between you and God, you have realized that there is something in you that needed to be broken down. Pray to be broken down...so that God reveals to you what things you have to realize so that He can mend the faulty connections in your life that hinders you from connecting to Him... God bless!

Scripture tells us we are created in the image of God - no other creatures have this blessing. Scripture also tells us that when we come to Christ we are adopted into the family of God as sons and daughters - we are family of the most high God. Scripture also tells us that Christ loved us so much He died for us.

You are certainly not a reject especially in God's kingdom. God has a specific purpose and plan for your life. God knows your most inner thoughts and desires. He knows you better than you know yourself. Read Psalm 139, read it a few times - it was Davids heart at a time when he was feeling rejected and downcast. God eventually raised him up as king over Israel. God loves you more than earthly parents can ever love, He will raise you up.

MaddyBaddy

Sounds like you have had a lot of pain and rejection in your life. And judging from your handle, Maddy Baddy, you must also have a lot of anger issues.

I have had a lot of love issues in my life including rejection. I've had four step dads and plenty of rejection from these dads including my own mother. When I first heard about Jesus' love, I knew I wanted it but did not feel worthy of God's love because I have never felt love from anyone in my life. So, I thought that God would not love me either. I kept projecting that feeling so my behavior was a direct result of that feeling.Therefore I acted worthless and sinful in an unconscious rebellion against God's love.

When I finally came to understand that it was me refusing God rather than God refusing me, I started to feel God's love. This knowledge changed my feelings, then, my behavior. I started to feel worthy and I was now able to accept God's love and now I am able to love others with the love of God.

It has to start somewhere because: If nothing changes, nothing changes. Get my drift?

God loves you simply because he has chosen to do so.
He loves you when you don’t feel lovely.
He loves you when no one else loves you. Others may abandon you, divorce you, and ignore you, but God will love you. Always. No matter what.
This is his sentiment: “I’ll call nobodies and make them somebodies; I’ll call the unloved and make them beloved” (Rom. 9:25 MSG).
This is his promise. “I have loved you, my people, with an everlasting love. With unfailing love I have drawn you to myself” (Jer. 31:3 NLT).
Do you know what else that means? You have a deep aquifer of love from which to draw. When you find it hard to love, then you need a drink! Drink deeply! Drink daily!
A Love Worth Giving

Lucado, M. (2006). Grace for the moment® volume ii: More inspirational thoughts for each day of the year. Nashville: Thomas Nelson.

@maddybaddy01

I hope you receive this message, I will pray that you do because you seem to me one longing for the gospel of truth. We humans in feeble words cannot express the love of God one to another with entangling our personal relationship with God into the mix. So it is best said through the words of the Bible. Allow them to sink in, and as they do consider these few points:

God created us to be loved, God sacrificed Himself through His Son Jesus Christ that we by faith may have eternal life versus an eternity separated from the light. He came in the humblest of circumstances to prove that His love is not bound by the world's standard. I have not the gift to articulate the love of the Lord. so it is best for you to consume and digest the Gospel for yourself:

...God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them... And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day.

Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God. ...Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil. For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved. But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.

This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you. Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

I am the way, the truth and the life.

Love

Jesus the Christ-Son of the Living God

The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all.

For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God.For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.But God commandeth His love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

With Love,

Paul-Apostle to the Gentiles

May by God's Grace you receive this message.

This question you ask is very interesting, in that does god have a choice to not love someone. If I say yes then one could argue that god is bias and unfair, if I say no then one could argue that god has no free will. The problem that you can see here is when you give god human characteristics, this is called anthropomorphism.

Back