Does the Bible back up woman teacher's

My personal opinion is no.
The Bible is against women teaching men~
My humble interpretation and opinion!

Some of the reasons I believe in teaching children at home~

Ephesians 6:4 And, ye fathers, provoke not your children to wrath: but bring them up in the nurture and admonition of the Lord.

Deuteronomy 6:6-9
And these words, which I command thee this day, shall be in thine heart: And thou shalt teach them diligently unto thy children, and shalt talk of them when thou sittest in thine house, and when thou walkest by the way, and when thou liest down, and when thou risest up. And thou shalt bind them for a sign upon thine hand, and they shall be as frontlets between thine eyes. And thou shalt write them upon the posts of thy house, and on thy gates.

2 Corinthians 10:5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Proverbs 22:6 Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it.

Proverbs 13:20 He that walketh with wise men shall be wise: but a companion of fools shall be destroyed.

1 Corinthians 15:33 Be not deceived: evil communications corrupt good manners.

Matthew 18:6 But whoso shall offend one of these little ones which believe in me, it were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and that he were drowned in the depth of the sea.

Psalms 119:97-104 O how love I thy law! it is my meditation all the day. Thou through thy commandments hast made me wiser than mine enemies: for they are ever with me. I have more understanding than all my teachers: for thy testimonies are my meditation. I understand more than the ancients, because I keep thy precepts. I have refrained my feet from every evil way, that I might keep thy word. I have not departed from thy judgments: for thou hast taught me. How sweet are thy words unto my taste! yea, sweeter than honey to my mouth! Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way.

Willow - could you post the Scripture that says this? I know in 1 Timothy that "PAUL" wrote about this subject.

Thanks,
Pastor Michael

1Ti 2:11 Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection.
1Ti 2:12 But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.

Willow99

You know what we have been this route before and my opinions differ so much from you all so refer back to the archives on women preachers. We seem to go full cicle with this issue and it will never be resolved.

My senior Pastor is a woman and the church is growing and that is all I will say on this issue.

And Dusty, I don't care who your Pastor is.
I care about a woman I know has salvation and is Godly and very much loved!!!
We all love you!

If a man does not teach the doctrine of Christ, and yet refuse to get off the tradition of men...and if no man teaches the truth. The woman has the right to teach truth because she refused to listen to Satan.

Matthew 27:55 - And many women were there beholding afar off, which followed Jesus from Galilee, ministering unto him:

And Dusty, I don't care who your Pastor is.

I care about a woman I know has salvation and is Godly and very much loved!!!
We all love you!

Sorry Violet.... I better be careful as when I am upset I tend to probably say things that I shouldn't . Thanks for all your love. I love you all too. Maybe I'll just take some time away from here. If you don't see me around don't worry... I'm Ok.

Dusty, you have every right to give your viewpoint on any matter!
Please don't stay away too long!

This is a contentious issue these days. I believe though that the bible clearly says that a woman is not to preach.

12 And I do not permit a woman to teach or to have authority over a man, but to be in silence. 1 Timothy 2:12

If Paul says he doesn't permit a woman to teach or have authority over the men then he must mean what he says. I'm not sure how you get around that verse.

2 A bishop then must be blameless, the husband of one wife, temperate, sober-minded, of good behavior, hospitable, able to teach; 1 Timothy 3:2

This says a preacher must be the "husband" of one wife. Paul is speaking of a man, and there's not really any indication he could possibly mean otherwise. In the next few verses he reiterates this premise further:

4 one who rules his own house well, having his children in submission with all reverence 5 (for if a man does not know how to rule his own house, how will he take care of the church of God?);

"His own house", "his children", "a man does", "how he will take care". There's no mistaking that Paul is speaking of a man when addressing the qualifications for a bishop. We could say that he simply means pastoring in the general sense, oblivious to the sex---but that's not what the text says. Paul's use of language is casual, as if it is the norm for men alone to be bishops.

I do not say this in a mean-spirited manner; but I think the feminist movement has had an influence on the church over the years. The bible is not politically correct---and that isn't very appealing to some folks.

I always maintain that if you have to stretch scripture, or search for an interpretation that contrasts what the text plainly says in order to give support to a particular doctrine---then the doctrine probably isn't correct. In this case the text says "I do not permit a woman to teach or have authority over a man". There's no deep examination of this text required to support my belief that a woman is not to teach---it says it plainly.

I do not wish to contend with anyone on this issue because churches and Christians have their own decisions to make, and this is simply my own conclusion based on how I read the text. I could be wrong and I'm willing to admit so if I am.

I do not consider the issue as foundational theology. I will not look down on anyone who falls on either side of this issue. The question is, will you? ...

Back