Does this sound like the USA?

Ezekiel 16:49-50
Look, this was the iniquity of our sister Sodom: She and her daughter had pride, fullness of food, and abundance of idleness; neither did she strengthen the hand of the poor and needy. And they were haughty and committed abomination before Me: therefore I took them away as I saw fit.

Arrogant
Plenty of food
A life of ease/idleness
Not strengthening the poor and needy (Note - we give them food and idleness, but we do nothing to bring them OUT of poverty and need)
Haughty
Committed abomination (Idolatry) before Me (We may not formally worship Molech - but we sure do worship at the altar of greed, emotion, narcissism, false morality, brotherhood, sexual identity, government, Global warming, and even defining "God is (insert adjective here)" to create a very small, limited God which only operates in a very limited sphere...)

Look, this was the iniquity of our sister Sodom: She and her daughter had pride, fullness of food, and abundance of idleness; neither did she strengthen the hand of the poor and needy. And they were haughty and committed abomination before Me: therefore I took them away as I saw fit.

Arrogant
Plenty of food
A life of ease/idleness
Not strengthening the poor and needy (Note - we give them food and idleness, but we do nothing to bring them OUT of poverty and need)
Haughty
Committed abomination (Idolatry) before Me (We may not formally worship Molech - but we sure do worship at the altar of greed, emotion, narcissism, false morality, brotherhood, sexual identity, government, Global warming, and even defining "God is (insert adjective here)" to create a very small, limited God which only operates in a very limited sphere...)

Sounds like a lot of places and a lot of things and can be made to seem as anything you want.
Blessings

Arrogant
Plenty of food
A life of ease/idleness
Haughty

Oh but they do worship Molech... do you know who that is? They took their newborns and chucked them into an oven through the status' belly of Molech. The USA alone has murdered over 55 million babies. Think of the cures for diseases, great preachers, poets, presidents, and great discoveries all lost. Shameful!

Oh but they do worship Molech... do you know who that is? They took their newborns and chucked them into an oven through the status' belly of Molech. The USA alone has murdered over 55 million babies. Think of the cures for diseases, great preachers, poets, presidents, and great discoveries all lost. Shameful!
I agree what a total waste of wonderful life that could have made such an impact in this world.

I see great parallels between US and Israel.. The blessings of these 2 nations stand out in human history. I don't know if there is any other nation which stands as a nation today and has faced the same kind of persecution. My Pastor was talking about how the nation was formed during the Memorial day weekend.. Thinking of those times. A time when Pilgrims wanted their own land where they can worship God and follow His ways. More like the promised land. But then, the nation got mixed with foreign cultures who brought foreign gods.. And US adopted the foreign culture along with the gods.. They let idolatry in.. We Indians play a big role in idolatry in US. We brought so much idol inside the country. I see many Americans buy small idols from Indian shops, thinking they look like beautiful animals. Every animal is worshipped as god in India. And eventually the nation has been falling away just like how Israel fell apart from God..

That seems to fit America perfectly. I always thought that America was more of a modern day Rome though, as well as a modern day Israel.

Sounds like a lot of places and a lot of things and can be made to seem as anything you want.
Blessings
That is only true to a degree. A short look at America's history and talking with citizens of other nations shows a different perspective on this land than most of its citizens have.
After all, how many proud and vain people who worship something or someone other than God are willing to openly admit to it?
Sharing the gospel is often frustrating simply because so many will not face their own guilt. In this nations are no different than people, because nations are comprised of people.

Jim, even if you accept your statement as being fully true, do you deny that it is a valid description of this nation?

It may sound inconsistent, but describing a nation and its people (as a unit) does not really describe them as individuals.

I approach people one at a time. I do see the issues with society as a whole; but I have found that as individuals, most are just trying to get through. People want to be good (whatever attributes make up goodness). Our goal should be introducing them to the one that will instruct them how to be good. Not that goodness in itself will save them, but because the Master who teaches goodness provides our edification as he provides for our salvation.

Thus I find it more profitable to view those around me as individuals wanting good (and need to be taught righteousness) than as a mob of self-centered adversaries.

Reactions: Juk
Back