Doesnt deserve Christ?

Doesnt deserve Christ?

What advice would you give to a person in this situation? My Dad really hates one friend of mine, to the point where he thinks this person doesnt deserve christ, doesnt deserve to be saved, doesnt deserve any efforts to do so or any prayers, wants me to give up on him and let him end up 'there'. He doesnt seem to believe that this friend will ever follow God and doesnt seem to want him to. He doesnt seem to aknowledge that my friend does have emotions and feelings too :(. He absolutely refuses to believe anything positive about this friend even though my friend hasnt done anything to deserve all this, nothing more than any of the rest of us. Basically, anything negative that you could possibly think about a person, hes probably said or thought it about my friend. Hes no more a sinner than the rest of us are. It really hurts me how judgemental and hypocritical some christians can be :(. This friends testimony, when he is saved, will have alot of similarities with that of my Dads except for being somewhat 'milder' in some areas. Hes involved in and going through some similar things to what my Dad did before he was saved but not to the same degree. They have never met but my Dad still holds this opinion of him and has even gone as far as to threaten him over the phone against ever having anything to do with anybody in my family...i havnt heard from the friend since but I know that if my Dad would just apologise to him or something everything would be ok...thing is I can still count on one hand the amount of times I have ever heard my Dad apologise for anything so I dunno how likely it is that he will do that and I really miss my friend. :(

I really want to see my friend follow God and Gods plan for his life and I know God wants to use me in this but right now my Dad seems to be standing in the way. I know God has big plans for this friend and he will be a mighty man of God one day.

What should I do? I want to do the right thing here :(

Sounds like the older brother in the Prodigal Son, Luke 15
No one deserves Christ or is good enough, or can save themselves, it is the free gift of God, by grace, through faith, not of works, lest anyone should boast. He who hates his brother is a liar. Show him the prodigal son, perhaps the Holy Spirit will convict him. Big brother needs to forgive and have mercy, for God has forgiven those in Christ, they are to have mercy on others as they have received.

And we are not to judge/condemn those outside the church, if your dad is in the church, and professes to be a Christian, then he needs to repent of this. We are called to reach the lost, some will not come- that is not up to us, even if they be an enemy, we are to seek their good. If your dad is concerned about someone's safety in the family, he has every right and responsibilty to protect his family, even from poor choices in friendships, whether or not that is true of your friend, I don't know.

What advice would you give to a person in this situation? My Dad really hates one friend of mine, to the point where he thinks this person doesnt deserve christ, doesnt deserve to be saved, doesnt deserve any efforts to do so or any prayers, wants me to give up on him and let him end up 'there'. He doesnt seem to believe that this friend will ever follow God and doesnt seem to want him to. He doesnt seem to aknowledge that my friend does have emotions and feelings too :(. He absolutely refuses to believe anything positive about this friend even though my friend hasnt done anything to deserve all this, nothing more than any of the rest of us. Basically, anything negative that you could possibly think about a person, hes probably said or thought it about my friend. Hes no more a sinner than the rest of us are. It really hurts me how judgemental and hypocritical some christians can be :(. This friends testimony, when he is saved, will have alot of similarities with that of my Dads except for being somewhat 'milder' in some areas. Hes involved in and going through some similar things to what my Dad did before he was saved but not to the same degree. They have never met but my Dad still holds this opinion of him and has even gone as far as to threaten him over the phone against ever having anything to do with anybody in my family...i havnt heard from the friend since but I know that if my Dad would just apologise to him or something everything would be ok...thing is I can still count on one hand the amount of times I have ever heard my Dad apologise for anything so I dunno how likely it is that he will do that and I really miss my friend. :(

I really want to see my friend follow God and Gods plan for his life and I know God wants to use me in this but right now my Dad seems to be standing in the way. I know God has big plans for this friend and he will be a mighty man of God one day.

What should I do? I want to do the right thing here :(

With you being a female is your father afraid he will be losing a daughter but forgetting he will gain a son. With your father being saved, he of all people should welcome others into the arms of the Lord.:confused:

Some folks spend their lives trying to please God in their own strength. Such legalistic people will always fail of course. When confronted with someone who has flaws that they despise about themselves they tend to get really angry and even bitter.
Just because someone accepts Christ does not mean they will find the freedom He offers. Let's pray for your dad as he seems as though he is tormented.
I will also gladly pray for your friend for his salvation. Ultimately God's will is going to be done and our heavenly Father will not miss a single soul that will have Him.

No one deserves Christ or is good enough, or can save themselves, it is the free gift of God, by grace, through faith, not of works, lest anyone should boast. He who hates his brother is a liar. Show him the prodigal son, perhaps the Holy Spirit will convict him. Big brother needs to forgive and have mercy, for God has forgiven those in Christ, they are to have mercy on others as they have received.

And we are not to judge/condemn those outside the church, if your dad is in the church, and professes to be a Christian, then he needs to repent of this. We are called to reach the lost, some will not come- that is not up to us, even if they be an enemy, we are to seek their good. If your dad is concerned about someone's safety in the family, he has every right and responsibilty to protect his family, even from poor choices in friendships, whether or not that is true of your friend, I don't know.

Well said. I agree totaly.

All Praise The Ancient Of Days

I agree with Boanerges.
Hatred is not something we should keep it our hearts. It's like a "disease" left untreated - it slowly gets worse and worse and worse until you cannot feel anything but hatred.

Some folks spend their lives trying to please God in their own strength. Such legalistic people will always fail of course. When confronted with someone who has flaws that they despise about themselves they tend to get really angry and even bitter.
Just because someone accepts Christ does not mean they will find the freedom He offers. Let's pray for your dad as he seems as though he is tormented.
I will also gladly pray for your friend for his salvation. Ultimately God's will is going to be done and our heavenly Father will not miss a single soul that will have Him.

Thanks,
I just wanted to say ive just shown him that passage and he practically ignored it. He said he knows all those practically off by heart and his views are his views and thats final. :( I showed it to him after I had asked if he would talk to my friend and he refused because hes not a christian...but yet he has no problem talking to other non christians...
Still nothing from the friend either.... :(
Ive been praying so hard.... ive been wondering if im not praying hard enough or if im doing something wrong or something...

What should i do? My dad still wont budge on his views and my friend is ignoring me right now but I still have no idea why. :(

Eph 6:18 Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;

Keep on praying, do not get weary in well doing.

I am sorry to hear that you are going throught this..
I am actually happy abput one thing in your post though, and that is the amount of faith in GOD you have. It takes faith in the LORD to know that he can turn anyone into a servant for him, and it is nice to see how you are not being judgmental but giving God his will to call on your friend when the time may come...
Just use that faith you have and pray to the LORD, give it to him ,a dn he will make it work out to his will,
As for the apology, pray to the LORD over that 2, no one may understand his reasoning for feeling this way, but GOD knows all, and if it be his will for your dad to apologize, then he will!
God bless and I pray it all works out!

Thanks for the replies. I still dont know what to do about this, its not going very well... My mum has even said that she thinks there is absolutely no way my Dad would ever apologise to my friend and that it would take something extremely drastic for him to actually do that, and my dad is bipolar too which really doesnt help things here. It doesnt seem matter to him how wrong he is or how obvious it is that he is wrong, he will just ignore anything that doesnt go with his views and stick to it. My friend is ignoring any text messages I have sent, and any friend requests I have sent online. I asked if we could please talk and said it was ok to do so but he ignored it, I sent it again and he still ignored it. :(

That's a tough situation. Your father seems to be misguided and caught up in trying to gain God's grace by his own actions, which is not how things work. Your father needs to understand that it doesn't matter what you do, you will always have God's grace as long as you accept Jesus. I'm not sure why he thinks that there is no hope for your friend. There is always hope and your friend can be saved. Do you go to church? Maybe you could invite your friend to go with you one day without your father (or with him if your father would agree to it). I don't think you should straight up tell your father that he is misguided but maybe you could gradually show him or talk about it little bits at a time. I find the messages on by Leon Fontaine on "Getting More Grace" and "Righteousness and Grace" to be very helpful on this subject and they might be helpful to you. If you go to the media player at springschurch.org you can watch them.

You have my prayers.

Your dad..................

Eph 6:1 Children, obey your parents in the Lord: for this is right.
Eph 6:2 Honor thy father and mother; which is the first commandment with promise;
Eph 6:3 That it may be well with thee, and thou mayest live long on the earth.

This scripture does not say anything about your parents being right or wrong, but says you must obey them.
That means no complaining or crying about it.
If your being abused then report it right away.

You also should not try to correct your father with the Word of God. You have no right to do that, you are the Child!!!

Like it or not, you have to choose to obey the Word or not obey the Word of God. It's is your obedience to the Word that will change things for you, not continuing to complain, talk about it all the time or have resistance to what your father is telling you.

Your father will have to answer for his actions if they were Wrong according the the Lord. It is not your right to make him answer to you.

So be quit, just smile and pray about it.

I only say this for your own good.
Give God room to move in this situation!!!
If your not obeying the Word, and your father is not in line with the Word then God get's shut out.

God does care how you feel about this, but He can not break What he has said. Your father does not like this boy around you, feels that your not safe around him, and is trying to protect you. He could be wrong or right, but that should not be a concern of yours.

If he is not secure in how he raised you, and thinks you might go along with the wrong "Crowd" then that's his issue. He is man of the House.

There is another scripture........................

Eph 6:4 And, ye fathers, provoke not your children to wrath: but bring them up in the nurture and admonition of the Lord.

Your father should have handled this in a way that would have made you understand his view, and made you want to do what he decided which would have been the correct decision according to the Will of God.
Your father did not do this...................

So, do your part!!!

Pray this.......

Father in Heaven, I see in you Word that I have to respect and obey my earthly father. Lord, I accept his decision even if I feel it is wrong because I want to obey you as my great God. I will not mention this to him again, and I will not be angry about it. As I decide to obey you Lord God, I know that you will move on my behalf and show my father the truth about his actions. You said that you would make perfect those things that concern me. (Psalm 138:8)

If my father was right about this boy, and I should not see him, I know you will reveal this to me. God, I want to see this situation as you see it and have it made clear to me.
I thank you for this in Jesus Name.............

Now get ready for a change!!! God's word can not fail...............

Jesus Is Lord.

Eph 6:1 Children, obey your parents in the Lord: for this is right.
Eph 6:2 Honor thy father and mother; which is the first commandment with promise;
Eph 6:3 That it may be well with thee, and thou mayest live long on the earth.

This scripture does not say anything about your parents being right or wrong, but says you must obey them.
That means no complaining or crying about it.
If your being abused then report it right away.

You also should not try to correct your father with the Word of God. You have no right to do that, you are the Child!!!

Like it or not, you have to choose to obey the Word or not obey the Word of God. It's is your obedience to the Word that will change things for you, not continuing to complain, talk about it all the time or have resistance to what your father is telling you.

Your father will have to answer for his actions if they were Wrong according the the Lord. It is not your right to make him answer to you.

So be quit, just smile and pray about it.

I only say this for your own good.
Give God room to move in this situation!!!
If your not obeying the Word, and your father is not in line with the Word then God get's shut out.

God does care how you feel about this, but He can not break What he has said. Your father does not like this boy around you, feels that your not safe around him, and is trying to protect you. He could be wrong or right, but that should not be a concern of yours.

If he is not secure in how he raised you, and thinks you might go along with the wrong "Crowd" then that's his issue. He is man of the House.

There is another scripture........................

Eph 6:4 And, ye fathers, provoke not your children to wrath: but bring them up in the nurture and admonition of the Lord.

Your father should have handled this in a way that would have made you understand his view, and made you want to do what he decided which would have been the correct decision according to the Will of God.
Your father did not do this...................

So, do your part!!!

Pray this.......

Father in Heaven, I see in you Word that I have to respect and obey my earthly father. Lord, I accept his decision even if I feel it is wrong because I want to obey you as my great God. I will not mention this to him again, and I will not be angry about it. As I decide to obey you Lord God, I know that you will move on my behalf and show my father the truth about his actions. You said that you would make perfect those things that concern me. (Psalm 138:8)

If my father was right about this boy, and I should not see him, I know you will reveal this to me. God, I want to see this situation as you see it and have it made clear to me.
I thank you for this in Jesus Name.............

Now get ready for a change!!! God's word can not fail...............

Jesus Is Lord.

I dont know, but my dad is bipolar and has admitted to overdoing things in the past, but hasnt said anything like that about this incident yet.... :(

I know how you feel, Blessed. My husband is Bipolar, and sometimes he makes me feel like a child. Since I have become Christian, however, I have found out that if I just honor him and seek to be like Christ, it is a lot easier to forgive. Even though we feel justified, and we know he is acting wrong (because, after all, he has Bipolar), it does not justify how he makes us respond, because, after all, we are Christian. We are supposed to be different.

I agree with what Bro. Mike said, even thought it is hard to swallow. We must seek to be like Jesus and seek after holiness and righteousness if we are to be happy and contented. Try to leave your friend in God's hands. He knows you tried to do the right thing. But you have to let it go, or else you may not hear that still, small voice when it calls you. Good luck, dear.

You could show him these verses, and remind him that it’s Jesus talking here.
And remind him, according to the Bible, none of us deserves to be saved, but God so loved the world… that includes everyone, even the people your dad doesn’t like. If Jesus loves your friend, what right does your dad have to hate him?

Mat 5:43Ye have heard that it was said, Thou shalt love thy neighbor, and hate thine enemy:
Mat 5:44but I say unto you, love your enemies, and pray for them that persecute you;
Mat 5:45that ye may be sons of your Father who is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sendeth rain on the just and the unjust.
Mat 5:46 For if ye love them that love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same?
Mat 5:47And if ye salute your brethren only, what do ye more than others? do not even the Gentiles the same?
Mat 5:48Ye therefore shall be perfect, as your heavenly Father is perfect.

And you could show him these verses. They are immediately after the Lord’s prayer.
It plainly says, if I don’t forgive men their trespasses, God won’t forgive my trespasses.
And what happens if I’m not forgiven?
I don’t even want to think about it.
We are suppose to be like Jesus and love everyone unconditionally.
We don’t have to like them, but we do have to love them.

Mat 6:14For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you.
Mat 6:15But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.

P.S. I’ve already prayed for you all that God would put himself right in the middle of everything and work a miracle.

Back