Dominionism

Glomung

Account Closed
Just read a rather interesting articles on the Dominion movement and was curious as to the opinions of others on the 3 basic Dominion beliefs:

1) Satan usurped man’s dominion over the earth through the temptation of Adam and Eve;
2) The Church is God’s instrument to take dominion back from Satan;
3) Jesus cannot or will not return until the Church has taken dominion by gaining control of the earth’s governmental and social institutions.

I do not know this movement, but can present at least a similar point of view:

- while the "darkness"(ie evil) reigns(-ed) over the world/universe, the total salvation has not come still.
- the Purpose/Mission of the true/real God's Church is, the evil to be removed from all humans/world once forever.
- while the human religions continue to serve on evil, they will not be pleasing to (the) Lord God.

I could go with #1 maybe, I'd have to study it out a bit more. I disagree with #2 and #3. Jesus Himself is God's instrument for taking back dominion from Satan. Jesus will return again when the Father decides it is time. He may or may not base that timing on what mankind does, but I have seen no indication in Scripture that the Church will ever gain control of Earth's government and social institutions. In fact, the most common teaching I have seen is that it is the Anti-Christ who will ultimately have worldwide dominion about the time Christ returns. Plus, Jesus never mandated such a mission, emphasizing that His Kingdom is not of this Earth.

Just read a rather interesting articles on the Dominion movement and was curious as to the opinions of others on the 3 basic Dominion beliefs:

1) Satan usurped man’s dominion over the earth through the temptation of Adam and Eve;
3) Jesus cannot or will not return until the Church has taken dominion by gaining control of the earth’s governmental and social institutions.

That seems contrary to the Scriptures. Jesus conquered Sastan for us and will do away with him at judgment. And like Rumely said, the anti-christ will take over and rule the earth.

The antichrist is the satan himself that appears in the form of the god of the unrighteous religions, while the antichrists are the unrighteous clerics/clergymen/believers of the same religions. They are proud and think that they may be Gods/Fathers/Lords/Christs/Firstbegotten/Masters, thinking/heaving themselves for wiser than the true Lord God, and believe in other gods and christs.

1 John 2:18-23 "Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come(ie that satan recruits/raise powers), even now are there many antichrists(ie unrighteous clerics/clergymen/believers); whereby we know that it is the last time. They went out from us(ie from the holy scriptures/traditions/word/preach), but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would no doubt have continued with us: but they went out, that they might be made manifest that they were not all of us. But ye have an unction from the Holy One, and ye know all things. I have not written unto you because ye know not the truth, but because ye know it, and that no lie is of the truth. Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ(ie who denieth that Jesus is the one and only Christ)? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son. Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father: he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also.",

John 10:7-9 "Then said Jesus unto them again, Verily, verily, I say unto you, I am the door of the sheep. All(ie all christs/lords/messiahs/firstbegotten) that ever came before me(ie that in general came/exist/comes except Me) are thieves and robbers: but the sheep did not hear them. I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.",

John 14:6-7 "Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him.",

Matthew 24:4-5 "And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you. For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.",

Matthew 24:11-12 "And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many. And because iniquity(ie the religious/spiritual unrighteousness) shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.",

Matthew 24:23-26 "Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not. For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect. Behold, I have told you before. Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: behold, he is in the secret chambers; believe it not."

This physical world also is Kingdom of Jesus Christ: 1 Corinthians 10:26 "the earth is the Lord's, and the fulness thereof.", Hebrews 1:10 "And, Thou, Lord, in the beginning hast laid the foundation of the earth; and the heavens are the works of thine hands:".

I can't agree to any one of the three statements.
1 Adam was placed in the garden of Eden to tend it. Nothing said about the outer bad lands till after the fall. Gen 2:15 Satan was probably entrusted with the general oversight of the Earth, so there was no usurping. Apart from Job, there is not much to support what Satan's role might have been though.

2 As has been stated previous, Jesus defeated Satan and all his domains on the cross.

3 The time of Jesus' return is a matter known only to the Father so any further elaboration is idle vapourings. Mark 13:32

blessings,
calvin

As I see it the narrative in Gen 1 suggests many things including a deceased pre Adamic race, if it is not treated with a great deal of care.
Gen 1 seems to be an overall summary of God's dealings with the physical universe, from Alpha to Omega.
Gen 2 seems to be a little more detailed and focused on the initial state of mankind and the animal kingdom.
Gen 3 deals with the fall of mankind and looks ahead to the coming Messiah.
Gen 4-11 deals with the hopelessness of man's fall and establishes a need for a divine plan of redemptive activity which begins with the calling of Abram Ch 12.
blessings,
calvin

I have been somewhat familiar with this teaching over the past several years. It is also referred to as "Kingdom Now" theology.

I believe that Rumely is very correct in that I might, might be able to agree with #1................but not on #2 and #3.

This teaching's core is that the Church has replaced the Nation of Israel and the function of the church is to save the world and then turn it over to Jesus when He comes again at Armageddon.

This teaching obviously ignores the Scriptures and places mans wants in front of God's Word. If we will but just read the Scriptures in the Revelation one sees rather wuickly from Chapter 4 onto Chapter 19 that the "CHURCH" is not seen in any way whatsoever. The focus is on Israel and God's dealings with that nation to turn it to Christ that they (Jews) will be saved from the coming judgment.

God is not finished with the Jews my friends.

Romans 11:1............
"I say then, hath God cast away his people? God forbid!!! I also am an Israelite of the seed of Abraham of the tribe of Benjamin. GOD HATH NOT CAST AWAY HIS PEOPLE WHICH HE FOREKNEW."

Verse 11...................
"I say then, have they stumbled that they should fall? God forbid, but rather through their fall salvation is come unto the Gentiles for to provoke them to jealousy".

Verse 25
"For I would not brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits, that blindness (2 Corth. 3:14) in part is happened to Israel until the fullness of the Gentiles be come in".

The phrase....."Fullness of the Gentiles" refers to the time when the last Gentile whom God has predestined to be saved acutally is saved and that will complete the Church of God. It is at that time that the Rapture will take place and it will remove the church from the earth to heaven and then God will turn His attention to the nation of Israel. The church is not involved in the Tribulation Peroid!!!!! Just read the events of the Revelation and see if you can see any involvement of the church. The church is not in controle of anything as one can see, the antichrist is in controle and all hell is breaking out on the earth. The truth is that IF JESUS DID NOT COME, MAN WOULD REMOVE HIMSELF FROM EXISTANCE.

Back