don,t feed pearls to swine

smellycat

Account Closed
don,t feed pearls to swine

if you take on freedom you give it to all,wether they accept it is up to them.otherwise you are making a judgement.also if you put people off God by your talk or actions you do the same.be transparent.all for all.

to me this part of scripture means stop telling people who don,t want to know.go to people who do.some people don,t want to no.

That is correct, Michael.

If we mention Christian values and the Christian message to others and our words are rejected, we are told in scripture to not waste our time debating with those persons... but to move on. We sow the seeds of Truth. If those seeds fall on "barren ground" ( the minds of those who reject Christianity ), then we are told by Our Father that we have done our part and to move on to more fertile ground where the seeds of Truth may take root and grow.

"Casting Pearls before Swine(*)"... is a Hebreism from one of the original manuscript languages that means 'Don't continue to give the Word of God (the pearls) to those who do not appreciate or accept those words (the swine.)'

(*) This is from Matthew 7:6 (KJV) and the associated verses and is supported by Matthew 15:26 (KJV).

I'm not sure I totally am understanding.
If we talk to somebody about becoming a Christian and they say they don't want it. We are not supposed to talk with them anymore about it??:confused::confused::confused:

I'm not sure I totally am understanding.
If we talk to somebody about becoming a Christian and they say they don't want it. We are not supposed to talk with them anymore about it??:confused::confused::confused:

In some cases no, we shouldn't even stand in the way of sinners. In ignoring their decision we are offending some of them. There is however something we can do :cool:

When you cant get through to someone with words, the bible tells us to pray for them. God willing, Love will shine through and they will call upon the name of the Lord.

Discernment is the key. Some will resist now and come in later from seeds sown. Some will have no pary in God's kingdom. It is God who should judge and lead us in this matter. And as Servant of God has already said prayer can reach those we cannot.

I'm not sure I agree so much with this.
I agree we should pray for them. That will help. But I hate to turn my back on someone and allow them to swirl down hill.

I used to struggle a lot with this one myself. But, now I've come to recognize the wisdom of what Jesus was telling us here. While it doesn't happen here on this forum, I've found many times on forums that allow atheists and other non-believers to be members, that there are some who are simply going to argue and ridicule our faith. You can patiently explain things, lovingly answer questions and open yourself up, just to get smacked down.

Praying for discernment does help. Sometimes someone can seem as though they are there just to ridicule, but then days, weeks, months later come back and really begin to search. So, as long as the Holy Spirit leads, I'll go ahead and put up with a certain amount of 'smacks'.

But, I've dealt with those who really do just trample God's Word to them. If all they want to do is ridicule, then there is no point in continuing on with trying to share. As a matter of fact, it might be more detrimental to ultimately winning them, to allow a continued disrespect. As I so often tell my daughter, "Nobody will respect you more than you respect yourself." By upholding the gospel and God's pearls as worthy of respect, we also speak to the unbeliever about how important it is.

All in all, it is not our words that is going to convict anyone, it is the Spirit.

And, I agree wholeheartedly with the fact that we can and should always pray!

Remember you can also preach by the why you live your life, and praying for the sinner.
But it's true don’t waste your time on some one that doesn’t want to hear Christ.

I'm not sure I agree so much with this.
I agree we should pray for them. That will help. But I hate to turn my back on someone and allow them to swirl down hill.

I understand how you feel BUT---

Unfortunately, there are times when stubborn people (don't know any!:rolleyes:) who will not listen to the truth have to be allowed to swirl downhill. God can touch their circumstances until it is very painful and then in their pain....they cry out. I know that as a recovering alcoholic/drug addict, I had to hit the bottom of my endurance before I was able to recognize my desperate need to get well.
Sometimes we do a disservice to ourselves when we try and try and try and try and try and try to convince them when their darkened eyes cannot see and their plugged ears cannot yet hear. Better to know when to let it go.

To water seeds in others (a smile, a hug, a word (mercy drops of truth) is an expression of compassion. But discernment tells us when the time is not right to keep banging away at a brick wall. Saves our own heart and mind from frustration!

It isn't a lack of compassion that says when our efforts are futile, but it is rather wisdom.

Psalm 90:12
Teach us to number our days aright, that we may gain a heart of wisdom.

PRAY!:groupray:pRAY!:groupray:pRAY!:groupray:pRAY!:groupray:

I guess I look at it as if I saw a friend walking towards a cliff I would do anything to try and stop them.

We must use the discernment God gives us or we will err. A hard case can crack at God's leading and the simple looking on fail without that same leading. He will show you where to cast your pearls.

pigs and pearls

Mat 7:6 Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you.

It's too late:(

The pearls are passed over the TV and radio waves, book shelves, and even in the church to who ever will listen. And the Holy written word of God sells starting at $5.95 (American) at the Walmart near you.
And for 19.95 one can be an ordained minister, preacher, pastor and with the $59.95 packet can get the church /minstry starter kit complete with certificates, for marriage and baptism. Leaving only federal, state and local statutes to approve the legal authority for church location, tax exempt status and lawful marriage.:(

REND, v.t. pret. and pp. rent. [Eng. cranny, L. crena, Gr.]
1. To separate any substance into parts with force or sudden violence; to tear asunder; to split; as, powder rends a rock in blasting; lightning rends an oak.

sincerely
His
Cliff

money changes everything.dentist want people every 6 months or are wiped of there register,supply and demand,no interest in doing good just money.i don,t want to come back here,i don,t like this world.:(

Back