Don't Be Too Busy!

Euphemia

Account Closed
Satan called a worldwide convention of demons.

In his opening address he said,
"We can't keep Christians from going to church."
"We can't keep them from reading their Bibles and knowing the truth."

"We can't even keep them from forming an intimate
relationship with their savior."

"Once they gain that connection with Jesus, our power over them is broken."

"So let them go to their churches; let them have their covered Dish dinners,
but steal their time, so they don't have time to develop a relationship with Jesus Christ."

"This is what I want you to do," said the devil. "Distract them from gaining hold of their Savior and maintaining that vital connection throughout their
day!"

"How shall we do this?" his demons shouted.

"Keep them busy in the nonessentials of life and invent innumerable schemes to occupy their minds," he answered.

"Tempt them to spend, spend, spend, and borrow, borrow, borrow. Persuade the wives to go to work for long hours and the husbands to work 6-7 days each week, 10-12 hours a day, so they can afford their empty lifestyles."

"Keep them from spending time with their children. As their families fragment, soon their homes will offer no escape from the pressures of work!"

"Overstimulate their minds so that they cannot hear that still, small voice."

"Entice them to play the radio or cassette player whenever they drive...to keep the TV, VCR, CDs and their PCs going constantly in their home and see to it that every store and restaurant in the world plays non-biblical music constantly. This will jam their minds and break that union with Christ."

"Fill the coffee tables with magazines and newspapers. Pound their minds with the news 24 hours a day. Invade their driving moments with billboards."

"Flood their mailboxes with junk mail, mail order catalogs, sweepstakes, and every kind of newsletter and promotional offering free products, services and
false hopes."

"Keep skinny, beautiful models on the magazines and TV so their husbands will believe that outward beauty is what's important, and they'll become dissatisfied with their wives. Keep the wives too tired to love their husbands at night. Give them headaches too! If they don't give their husbands the love they need, they will begin to look elsewhere. That will fragment their families quickly!"

"Give them Santa Claus to distract them from teaching their children the real meaning of Christmas. Give them an Easter bunny so they won't talk about his resurrection and power over sin and death."

"Even in their recreation, let them be excessive...have them return from their recreation exhausted. Keep them too busy to go out in nature and reflect on God's creation. Send them to amusement parks, sporting events, plays, concerts, and movies instead!"

"Keep them busy, busy, busy! And when they meet for spiritual fellowship, they will leave with troubled consciences."

"Crowd their lives with so many good causes they have no time to seek power from Jesus. Soon they will be working in their own strength, sacrificing their health and family for the good of the cause."

"It will work! t will work!"

It was quite a plan! The demons went eagerly to their assignments causing Christians everywhere to have little time for their God or their families---having no time to tell others about the power of Jesus to change lives. I guess the question is: Has the devil been successful at his scheme?

You be the judge! Does "busy" mean:

B-eing
U-nder
S-atan's
Y-oke?

but steal their time, so they don't have time to develop a relationship with Jesus Christ."

"This is what I want you to do," said the devil. "Distract them from gaining hold of their Savior and maintaining that vital connection throughout their
day!"

"Keep them busy in the nonessentials of life and invent innumerable schemes to occupy their minds," he answered.

"Tempt them to spend, spend, spend, and borrow, borrow, borrow. Persuade the wives to go to work for long hours and the husbands to work 6-7 days each week, 10-12 hours a day, so they can afford their empty lifestyles."

"Keep them from spending time with their children. As their families fragment, soon their homes will offer no escape from the pressures of work!"

"Entice them to play the radio or cassette player whenever they drive...to keep the TV, VCR, CDs and their PCs going constantly in their home and see to it that every store and restaurant in the world plays non-biblical music constantly. This will jam their minds and break that union with Christ."

"Fill the coffee tables with magazines and newspapers. Pound their minds with the news 24 hours a day. Invade their driving moments with billboards."

"Flood their mailboxes with junk mail, mail order catalogs, sweepstakes, and every kind of newsletter and promotional offering free products, services and
false hopes."

"Keep skinny, beautiful models on the magazines and TV so their husbands will believe that outward beauty is what's important, and they'll become dissatisfied with their wives. Keep the wives too tired to love their husbands at night. Give them headaches too! If they don't give their husbands the love they need, they will begin to look elsewhere. That will fragment their families quickly!"

"Give them Santa Claus to distract them from teaching their children the real meaning of Christmas. Give them an Easter bunny so they won't talk about his resurrection and power over sin and death."

"Even in their recreation, let them be excessive...have them return from their recreation exhausted. Keep them too busy to go out in nature and reflect on God's creation. Send them to amusement parks, sporting events, plays, concerts, and movies instead!"

"Keep them busy, busy, busy! And when they meet for spiritual fellowship, they will leave with troubled consciences."

"Crowd their lives with so many good causes they have no time to seek power from Jesus. Soon they will be working in their own strength, sacrificing their health and family for the good of the cause."

It was quite a plan! The demons went eagerly to their assignments causing Christians everywhere to have little time for their God or their families---having no time to tell others about the power of Jesus to change lives. I guess the question is: Has the devil been successful at his scheme?

B-eing
U-nder
S-atan's
Y-oke?

There is more truth in this then most will admit too.

day!"

false hopes."

B-eing
U-nder
S-atan's
Y-oke?

Amen! That was really good thanks for sharing it!

Amen! That was really good thanks for sharing it!

You're welcome. I find it a pretty good message to bring people back to the reality that we live in this world with the unseen all around us, and we are often buffeted about by not just our own flesh, but actually by Satan's devious machinations that are devised to distract us from who we are and WHOSE we are.

You're welcome. I find it a pretty good message to bring people back to the reality that we live in this world with the unseen all around us, and we are often buffeted about by not just our own flesh, but actually by Satan's devious machinations that are devised to distract us from who we are and WHOSE we are.
It is a good reminder and illustration of Mark 4:15-19.
And realizing that thr thoughts of our own fleshly desires come from the enemy. Its meant to trip us up, and get us out of faith and comunion with our Heavenly Father

The sad thing here Euphemia is simply that far to many believers do not believe this nor do they grasp at how much the enemy is actually working in their every day life. They get so caught up with me and the Lord we are tight.
God Bless
Jim

day!"

false hopes."

B-eing
U-nder
S-atan's
Y-oke?
What a great thread!
This is true, even if we deny it. We need to regain the strong connection with Christ and force Satan and
demons to have too much time....it wil drive them into madness if they cannot distract us from God.

What a great thread!

This is true, even if we deny it. We need to regain the strong connection with Christ and force Satan and

demons to have too much time....it wil drive them into madness if they cannot distract us from God.

Brother Fish this reminds me of a story when I was first saved. Now I had not been taught about how the enemy comes after you and being saved from my back ground , well they came after me. ( lol ) Any who - I was getting frustrated and tired of it and so I did the only thing I could think of. I began to witness to the forces who were haunting me and hanging heavy on me. I shared the gospel as if how could you not know this and began just preaching salvation and as always - the heaviness left and peace was back.

Now I am not suggesting that we all go and witness to the enemy and such but for a new believer who had no clue - it must have been very humiliating for them to say the least. I mean can you see them reporting in to the big boss and saying we hit him with our best and he shared the gospel of Christ so much we just had to get out of there for we could not stand to listen to another word. rofl

God Bless and thanks for the memory.
Jim

Yep!

It's incredibly easy to get completely distracted.... Even to do it WITHIN church activities....

I think the great danger in our own life is that we WANT distractions away from things that are hard.... When God starts really working us over to accomplish something important - it's so easy to embrace a few distractions... To take a little detour into something fun, easy, and pleasant rather than submit to the thing that's going to grind you up in the near term but will produce GIANT blessings in the long term....

So.. For example... What's the danger of a little Calvanist vs Armenian debate... What's the danger of a little OSAS debate... What's so wrong with diving into endless wranglings over words and genealogies?

The danger is that when we do this stuff we waste a giant amount of time and energy on it - stuff that has EXACTLY zero importance in real life to The Body... We neglect the MORE IMPORTANT points like discerning and acting on God's plan for right now today, on encouraging our brothers and sisters in truly overcoming deep rooted sin, on "Righting the ship" of The Church, on reaching OUT to the secular societies that we live in, on TEACHING the word and shepherding people to take them off of the milk and onto the Meat of God....

Thanks

Yep!

It's incredibly easy to get completely distracted.... Even to do it WITHIN church activities....

I think the great danger in our own life is that we WANT distractions away from things that are hard.... When God starts really working us over to accomplish something important - it's so easy to embrace a few distractions... To take a little detour into something fun, easy, and pleasant rather than submit to the thing that's going to grind you up in the near term but will produce GIANT blessings in the long term....

So.. For example... What's the danger of a little Calvanist vs Armenian debate... What's the danger of a little OSAS debate... What's so wrong with diving into endless wranglings over words and genealogies?

The danger is that when we do this stuff we waste a giant amount of time and energy on it - stuff that has EXACTLY zero importance in real life to The Body... We neglect the MORE IMPORTANT points like discerning and acting on God's plan for right now today, on encouraging our brothers and sisters in truly overcoming deep rooted sin, on "Righting the ship" of The Church, on reaching OUT to the secular societies that we live in, on TEACHING the word and shepherding people to take them off of the milk and onto the Meat of God....

Thanks

Back