Don't Shoot The Messenger

Dusty

Inactive
Don't Shoot The Messenger

First of all , I want to impress upon every one that I am not targeting or singling any one out . This is an overview of what the Lord has laid on my heart.

As you all know , I have been here for over three years and have seen people come and go .

What is pressing on my mind is the fact : we need to stand up and be accountable . If we say we are a Christian , is it only a name or are we truly born again and accepting our responsibility to share the gospel where ever and with whoever?

A born again believer ? What does that mean ?

We can say we believe in God and Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirt but that is only head knowledge and it has not gotten into their hearts. Just believing won't cut it . That will not get us to heaven .

In order for us to accept Jesus we must confess our sins ( because we are all born in sin ) and ask Jesus to be Lord of our life.

I would suggest that you read Romans 8 : 1-29 .

No church , no pastor or priest can save us . We have the awesome priviledge of asking and recieving .It's so simple that people complicate it with this theory or that instead of mere acceptance.

Just think , we can unload all the past garbage , all our past hurts , all our sins , and move forward with Christ in the center of our life.

Why would people want to cling to all their past when Jesus does not condemn us ( No condemnation in Christ )
Romans 8 ....

1Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus 2because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit of life set me free from the law of sin and death. 3For what the law was powerless to do in that it was weakened by the sinful nature God did by sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful man to be a sin offering. And so he condemned sin in sinful man 4in order that the righteous requirements of the law might be fully met in us, who do not live according to the sinful nature but according to the Spirit.

But alas , I also see some who want to say but Jesus gives us grace so I can sin and He will forgive me . Hello .... Yes He does forgive but not for you to continue in the same sin - your sin died with Christ on the cross . Why do you want to pick it up again?

The past is just that - THE PAST .... our hurts , our expectations , yes even being called names or hurtful things tha thave happened in church ... God does not want us holding on to all these past hurts and disappointments.Jesus heals all this brokeness but if you want to remain in the past - He cannot help you .

Stop talking about what he or she did to you . Forgive them and ask God to help you move forward out of this relm of thinking . You are not helping yourself or are you a person that people will want to be around.

If you have accepted Christ , you are a NEW creation .... all things have passed away - all things are new . The old man or woman is gone - the new has come . Walk in it and be free in Jesus.

Jesus Christ gives us the power to live for Him

So I say - Why do you want to live anything less than a victorious life ?

If we are walking with God and are led by the Spirit we will want to keep our minds and actions focused on what the Spirit desires instead of what the sinful nature desires.

Ah .. i was kinda in "hide for cover" mode when i entered into the thread . but that wasn't so bad .

thanks for the message Dusty .

Just think , we can unload all the past garbage , all our past hurts , all our sins , and move forward with Christ in the center of our life.

Yea, what she said . . .
thumbswyw.jpg

I think in light of accountability . Dusty, the past needs to be re-hashed . Matthew 18 speaks of this . if someone offends you then tell them . but i seldom see anything like this on the internet . or in Canada either for that matter . sometimes i do . and it totally catches me off guard .. oh you're actually following scripture in relation to a relational instruction and not just a DND commandment .. so surprised it knocked me off my chair .

If you were aiming at a more peaceful environment . then everyone needs a space to voice their hurts . if people are told they cannot do this . then expect more of the same old same .

or so i've observed . (don't shoot the messenger)

"One man has enthusiasm for 30 minutes, another for 30 days, but it is the man who has it for 30 years who makes a success of his life." – Edward Butler

I have been a member for only a couple of days, but I would like to thank you Dusty for your truthfulness. What I’ve read from you so far comes from the wisdom and knowledge that God has placed in your heart. Without knowing you personally some may ask how I can make such a statement. Well all I can say is that anyone that is truly following God by his word has felt the same in there heart. Regardless of what we’re going through in life God needs to come first. He isn’t a novelty, or something we deal with at our convenience. God is our creator; he came to us in human form to give his life for our sins. Who we are, what we have, what we do, and why we exist, is because of him and him alone.
Unfortunately many people think that because they’ve given their life to Christ they’re automatically saved. They’ll throw caution to the wind and continue to sin Monday through Saturday thinking they have God in their back pocket. To many go through the Sunday routine thinking there’s a blessing some where for them and when they don’t receive it they’re asking why.

In the short time I’ve been here of read that some people are tired or are giving up their religion. Maybe they just don’t understand, maybe they’re in the wrong place, and in some cases churches and their preachers are responsible. I believe that many churches today are guilty of just looking at the business aspect and as they grow the important things are lost in the shuffle or get diluted. But maybe, just maybe God has placed us there to make a difference. But when we give our lives to Christ we as individuals have a responsibility. Our lives are now new, we need to change our ways. This doesn’t happen over night, it takes time, but the only way of changing is through prayer, learning Gods word, and having fellowship with those that can help us along the way.

Anyway I’m not here to offend anyone but the word tells us:

Revelation 3:16 - So, because you are lukewarm—neither hot nor cold—I am about to spit you out of my mouth.

Our enthusiasm or thirst can not be for 30 minutes, 30 days, or for 30 years, it's for our life time.

Philippians 3:12-14 - Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already been made perfect, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me. 13 - Brothers, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, 14 - I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.

Living - out - loud .... Thank you for your message : It reasonates with my spirit and the things that I was trying to address.

Unfortunately many people think that because they’ve given their life to Christ they’re automatically saved. They’ll throw caution to the wind and continue to sin Monday through Saturday thinking they have God in their back pocket. To many go through the Sunday routine thinking there’s a blessing some where for them and when they don’t receive it they’re asking why.

This is exactly what I have seen from members who come and post and then are gone. It is rather unfortunate that they really don't understand what a dedicated life means and they flippantly think they can just play at Christianity and get by . and like you said , God will spew them out of His mouth . They think once they are saved they can just go along and sin and do what ever and grace will cover them . It's just like what Paul was trying to explain to the Jews in Romans . Paul in Chapter 8 is telling them that the law doesn't cut it and yes we need laws but we need to accept Christ and that grace is never a licence to sin . The law is there to protect us but we now have Christ who gives us a new nature and the law is good as it points us to sin and reminds us that we are redeemed by the Blood of the Lamb .

Okay, maybe re-visit the past from time to time as needed for growth,
but never move back in to stay.

:smiley260:

You are right but I was talking about those who remain there and then throw it on others ..... Oh look what Mrs so and so did to me and Mr Brown said mean things that hurt or Pastor so and so said hurtful things and they won't let go of them and keep on dwelling on the little mole hill until it becomes a mountain ( well in their mind )

Yours is a healthy way of approach IHL. Praise God

Followers of Jesus Christ have the commission, the responsibility, to make an impact, a difference, in the lives of the people around us--just as salt impacts food and light impacts darkness.

Watch Impression or Impact. http://ht.ly/2joHp

It's against God's nature to remember forgiven sins."-Max Lucado .....

So my question would be if God puts all our sins in the sea of forgetfullness , never to be remembered as far as the east is from the west : why would we want to remember?

I was listening to the part were he was talking about living the gospel and how powerful it is . one unseen side effect that i have experienced is that Christians controlled by sin could attack you if you live out the gospel too . that's always an unexpected thing . but knowing it could happen makes it not so shocking . stand up and be salt . yeah! hehe .

It's against God's nature to remember forgiven sins."-Max Lucado .....

So my question would be if God puts all our sins in the sea of forgetfullness , never to be remembered as far as the east is from the west : why would we want to remember?

i don't think we want to remember .. but as far as we bury our sins .. the scripture says your sin will find you out . until darkness is annihilated by the light . it will keep creeping back . it's just the way sin is .

Sort of but not quite . I certainly don't think a worldly song is the right attitude .

Yes there is a process and healing that needs to take place and the individual involved also need s much prayer . It is not just an overnight kind of , pat on the back thing and saying " Get over it " That just pushes the wrong button and turns people off. Some have deep , deep hurts that need to be dealt with before forgiveness can ever happen.

"One man has enthusiasm for 30 minutes, another for 30 days, but it is the man who has it for 30 years who makes a success of his life." – Edward Butler

I have been a member for only a couple of days, but I would like to thank you Dusty for your truthfulness. What I’ve read from you so far comes from the wisdom and knowledge that God has placed in your heart. Without knowing you personally some may ask how I can make such a statement. Well all I can say is that anyone that is truly following God by his word has felt the same in there heart. Regardless of what we’re going through in life God needs to come first. He isn’t a novelty, or something we deal with at our convenience. God is our creator; he came to us in human form to give his life for our sins. Who we are, what we have, what we do, and why we exist, is because of him and him alone.

In the short time I’ve been here of read that some people are tired or are giving up their religion. Maybe they just don’t understand, maybe they’re in the wrong place, and in some cases churches and their preachers are responsible. I believe that many churches today are guilty of just looking at the business aspect and as they grow the important things are lost in the shuffle or get diluted. But maybe, just maybe God has placed us there to make a difference. But when we give our lives to Christ we as individuals have a responsibility. Our lives are now new, we need to change our ways. This doesn’t happen over night, it takes time, but the only way of changing is through prayer, learning Gods word, and having fellowship with those that can help us along the way.

Anyway I’m not here to offend anyone but the word tells us:

Revelation 3:16 - So, because you are lukewarm—neither hot nor cold—I am about to spit you out of my mouth.

Our enthusiasm or thirst can not be for 30 minutes, 30 days, or for 30 years, it's for our life time.

Philippians 3:12-14 - Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already been made perfect, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me. 13 - Brothers, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, 14 - I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.

I want to personally thank you for this post . And yes I too have learned over the years that Jesus Christ is the same yesterday , today and forever and to know Him is life eternal . To walk with Him every step of the way , every day is an awesome priviledge . I am so grateful to be chosen as His child .

We all have our heartaches , trials , sicknesses to bear but when we think about the hope of Glory , we press on towards the mark ..... God Bless and keep you under His wing.

Back