Dozens blinded in India looking for Virgin Mary

Dozens blinded in India looking for Virgin Mary

The Enemy will do all he can do to deceive and destroy God's children and Idoltry is one of his tools.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2008/03/11/wmary111.xml

Exodus 20:3-6 Thou shalt have no other gods before me. Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth: Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me; And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments.

Leviticus 26:1 Ye shall make you no idols nor graven image, neither rear you up a standing image, neither shall ye set up any image of stone in your land, to bow down unto it: for I am the LORD your God.

I do not understand how this is idolotry. But then, I tend to have trouble with that when people make those assertions. The statues are not made to "bow down to" but rather are used to help focus prayer. To compare the Catholic use of statues to paganism is a misunderstanding of
  • Catholic use of statues
  • true idolotry

Brother no offense just being honest- I have spent enough time in the CC to know different. When I went to my nieces wedding her and her new husband were made to bow down to a statue and kiss it's feet. I live in the most Catholic state in the United States and my mom was at one time Catholic so I have been around this block a few times.
Lets just agree to say that no matter what you believe here you should not stare at the sun.

Back