eagle stories (Is. 40:31)

eagle stories (Is. 40:31)

Isaiah 40:31 "But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint." (KJV)

Last week I found a web site where a mother eagle and eaglets (I think that is what you call baby eagles) are appearing on a web cam around the clock. It is like looking through a window (even at night) and seeing and hearing the activities there. I have been a bird watcher for many years but have never seen anything quite like it.

(I edited this because I had accidentally repeated this same post elsewhere (in the Women's section) here)

Looking at our troubles from an earthly view they can seem overwhelming but when we rise up on the wings of eagles we get heavens perspective- even the largest obstacles seem small viewed from that high altitude.

Looking at our troubles from an earthly view they can seem overwhelming but when we rise up on the wings of eagles we get heavens perspective- even the largest obstacles seem small viewed from that high altitude.

Yes, our troubles from our view weighs us down.

It is at that point that we are under the current. With eagles, you don't really see them flapping their wings like an average bird. They fly with wings outstretched on a current. There they glide on the current allowing the current to take them.

So, when we are downcast and under the current, mount up with wings as Eagles. Get on that current that God has provided for us and He will take us up and above the troubles. While we are riding on that current, He will give us rest way up above all our troubles, God is renewing our strength, we are rested and don't feel hurried or rushed, with the renewed strength, we can walk and not feel faint. Yes, let the current of God take us up above our cares and renew our strength.

Godbe4me

"You said,Listen now, and I will speak,
It is you Lord that I seek,
I know that you can do all things,
I can fly to you on eagle wings.

Yes, when we come close to our Jesus, we can be high above all our problems as He is carrying us above the situation that we are going through.

Raymond

Thanks to those who have shared your thoughts here. :)

Something more about eagles I'll add is that that I remember reading sometime ago that eagles have two sets of eye lids. One they can close and still see as they fly into the sun; but they are not blinded as they do so because of the extra set of eye lids. And also that when they are wounded in any way they will sit upon a rock in the sun until they are healed and can soar again. :cool:

I am not sure that this fits but what the heck:
David is famous for (amongst other things) this saying "under the shadow of your wings.
The Hebrews were shepherds and nomads and did a lot of navigating by the stars. They had 2 constellations one on each extreme end of their horizons they considered to angels of God with outstretched wings.
In the tabernacle and more specifically in the Holy Place was two angles with outstreched wings touching tip to tip across the ceiling.
In the Holy of Holies there were two Cheribum withoutsreched wings (tips touching) in top of the mery seat. It was only when the blood of the Lamb was applied to the mercy seat that the Law was covered and man could enter God's presence.
With this in mind no matter where the Hebrews went they were litterally under the shadow of his wings.

I was also thinking about this scripture as far as "wings" go which isn't too far off the topic of the eagles..but is edifying.

Malachi 4:2 KJV
But unto you that fear my name shall the Sun of righteousness arise with healing in his wings; and ye shall go forth, and grow up as calves of the stall.

Back