Earth Quakes 2014

You have confused me my friend.
At what point in time were you told to NOT voice your opinion or concerns over a subject????
It seems to me that the conversation here runs the complete gauntlet.
You said...........
(1) "Some tell us that if we are not baptized we are not saved. That is totally un-Biblical but there it is."
You are totally correct my brother!
Someone's opinion on a subject does not make it Biblically correct. It is only THEIR opinion.
Then you said.......
(2) "Some have said that speaking in tongues is required for our salvation. That is totally un-Biblical but it is out there."
You are totally correct again my brother!!!
Those who belong to a certain denomination want everyone to believe that speaking in tongues is required to be saved.
Again, that is only THEIR opinion and is not Biblical in any way.
Then we have this............
(3) "Some have said that all we have to do is ask God and He will cure us of cancer and even raise the dead. Again, un-Biblical".
Again....100% correct! You are doing great brother.
Now we have...........
(4) "We are seeing the religious deception that Jesus warned us about taking place right in front of our eyes. It is all being done to get our eyes off of the Lord Jesus and onto the wants and desires of our heart."
Correct again!!
Then you commented.......
"You really believe that miracles and healings will get our eyes off the Lord? "
I am pretty sure that came from someone else here. The answer of course YES!!! When we start looking for and expecting a miracle, that means we do not have FAITH and are looking for a sign to prove God.

No, Beloved, those are not MY words: but are words I was quoting. My words, to the post you replied to, were in bold face. You, see, Beloved, I was quoting you. So you just agreed to your own words, not mine!

(1) What you have just said is that Jesus opined that He was misquoted in Matt. 28:19; and Mk. 16:16.
(2) What I believe is that the Holy Spirit comes in us, and gives us control over our tongue that we may also control our body.
(3) I believe in healing "...in the NAME of the Lord Jesus..."; and that cannot and does not glorify satan.
(4) Signs and wonders point to the NAME of Jesus Christ, and not to another. However, many tend to look at the man, instead of the Lord Jesus. He said, "...if another shall come in his own name, him you will receive." Do you realyy believe I am coming in my own name; or in the name of a denomination?

You said: "When we start looking and expecting a miracle, that means we do not have faith and are looking for a sign to
prove God."
I say: That is only partially right. If we look for signs to prove God, we are wrong and not walking in faith. But if we look at God's promises and believe, then signs and wonders will follow, "...the Lord working with them, and confirming the word with signs following." You see? It was the Lord Himself who confirmed the word (preaching) with signs!

No, Beloved, those are not MY words: but are words I was quoting. My words, to the post you replied to, were in bold face. You, see, Beloved, I was quoting you. So you just agreed to your own words, not mine!

(1) What you have just said is that Jesus opined that He was misquoted in Matt. 28:19; and Mk. 16:16.
(2) What I believe is that the Holy Spirit comes in us, and gives us control over our tongue that we may also control our body.
(3) I believe in healing "...in the NAME of the Lord Jesus..."; and that cannot and does not glorify satan.
(4) Signs and wonders point to the NAME of Jesus Christ, and not to another. However, many tend to look at the man, instead of the Lord Jesus. He said, "...if another shall come in his own name, him you will receive." Do you realyy believe I am coming in my own name; or in the name of a denomination?

You said: "When we start looking and expecting a miracle, that means we do not have faith and are looking for a sign to
prove God."
I say: That is only partially right. If we look for signs to prove God, we are wrong and not walking in faith. But if we look at God's promises and believe, then signs and wonders will follow, "...the Lord working with them, and confirming the word with signs following." You see? It was the Lord Himself who confirmed the word (preaching) with signs!

Seems to me that when someone agrees with what they said makes them very consistent in why they said it!

Having said that, I will support everything I said because it was all Biblical truth.

Seems to me that when someone agrees with what they said makes them very consistent in why they said it!
Having said that, I will support everything I said because it was all Biblical truth.

I understand, Beloved. I haven't strayed from I have receivedfrom the Lord Jesus, either.

Makes me think of the time i visited Thailand in August 2003. The tsunami struck Patong beach in Phuket where i stayed just over a year later.

Why would the Lord create earthquakes to tell something? They just say that the end times would be that there are going to be earthquakes

HE does not create earthquakes to tell us something my dear. He does it to CONFIRM something. In this case it is ................................

Matt. 24:7...................
"For nation shall rise against nation and kingdom against kingdom, and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes in divers places".

I wonder if you do this a lot with scripture too, misinterpret it. With two whole sentences of mine, you came to the conclusion that I was mocking the Holy Spirit and the power of God?

That is because you did not agree with him. This is his mod of operation.

It is called "Intimidation".

Last edited:
You say that in a mocking way though, and we ought to be careful about making fun of the Holy Spirit and power of God. I see you have two funnies also.

I had just left Atlanta and the hail started then I noticed I could not hardly keep my truck on the road and the ice was hitting my windshield. The truck was shaking violently so i pulled over as did lots of other truckers. Some trucks were already on their side.

I had no idea tornadoes was on the loose, but If I was in danger the Lord would have said something. I don't fear tornado though.

Jesus was asleep in the bottom of the boat when the storm hit. That is how we are suppose to be. This is no game, you fear, you could die.

I turned on the CB (Normally off because of the trash) my truck was shaking violently I called my wife just to talk and want for it to pass.

I hear on the CB that they spotted it and it was coming right right for us. This was just a bit across the interstate from me. My truck was really shaking at this point.

There is no reason to be afraid of a tornado though. ZERO. I know Jesus got real upset with them in the boat and that won't be me. I please the Lord, and trust him.

I heard a guy on the CB crying........ A grown truck driver crying amazing, then I hear another saying he was going to try to say good bye to the wife and kids........ (Not even dead yet but wants to say goodbye) The tornado was right there and I could not see it but the other drivers saw it.

However, my wondering why Grown men were crying like sissy girls, turned to this compassion. I even had tears, and I understood suddenly how the enemy was tormenting them. Hard to explain but the lord said.....just then....."Stop that tornado for their sake"

I said OK, Yes sir.

I know exactly what I said.......... I said tornado, now listen up. You are to go around all these trucks in the Name of Jesus, and not one truck ahead of me, or behind will you touch. All these truckers are safe.

BAM!@!!!

Tornado Gone, Hail stopped, sun came out. The truckers were asking where she go, what just happened. I knew what happened but I did not know how the Lord pulled that off.

We ought not to mock the Holy Spirit though. We ought not to go Ha, ha like a idiot with the person that mocks the Holy Spirit.

Amazing.

It is unacceptable to attack those that do not agree with you. NO ONE mocked the Holy Spirit. The one being thought less of is YOU my friend.

IF......IF what you described is possible, then the next question must be; "Does FEMA and all the counties in America have a 800 direct line to you so that YOU can put an end to lost lives and property when a Hurricane or Tornado or even a forest fire or landside is eminent."

It is unacceptable to attack those that do not agree with you. NO ONE mocked the Holy Spirit. The one being thought less of is YOU my friend.

IF......IF what you described is possible, then the next question must be; "Does FEMA and all the counties in America have a 800 direct line to you so that YOU can put an end to lost lives and property when a Hurricane or Tornado or even a forest fire or landside is eminent."

Are you feeling well major?

The safest place is in the bow of the boat. If God tells you to help someone and stop a tornado, you best obey. This is not just for those super faith types, this is for you and everyone else who ought to believe.

Remember, Jesus was asleep in the bottom of the boat and they come down saying.......... Master don't you care that we perish...... He went up and rebuked the storm and he was not to happy with them.

What I described Major is the 100% truth in what happened, I am not lying and I suggest you get the clouds out of your head and start walking by faith. This type of story should not supprise any believer and I am dissapointed greatly that it seems hard to believe for some of you and you mock................ (FEMA?)

NO FAITH!!!

Im still waiting to see that apology to my dear "sweet" sister Sweet... No one should try to give others advice on the truth of the scriptures.. unless there is some evidence that person is walking in the truth themselves.... Telling folks about signs and wonders are not evidence of the work of the Holy Spirit in a person..its just stories that have no value because the testimony and witness cannot be trusted, unless there is some evidence of Gods Divine Nature in the one who would be a witness. Get the character of the witness in line with the Holy Spirit and then the "witness" can have a testimony that others can hear and consider.

Last edited:
Are you feeling well major?

The safest place is in the bow of the boat. If God tells you to help someone and stop a tornado, you best obey. This is not just for those super faith types, this is for you and everyone else who ought to believe.

Remember, Jesus was asleep in the bottom of the boat and they come down saying.......... Master don't you care that we perish...... He went up and rebuked the storm and he was not to happy with them.

What I described Major is the 100% truth in what happened, I am not lying and I suggest you get the clouds out of your head and start walking by faith. This type of story should not supprise any believer and I am dissapointed greatly that it seems hard to believe for some of you and you mock................ (FEMA?)

NO FAITH!!!

I am fine Michael, thanks for asking. I am sure you are sincere.

Lying is a strong word and please note mods......I did not say that, Michael did. Now, stretching the bonds of reality seems more acceptable to me.

I was in a meeting several years ago by invitation and one of the testimonies of an elderly lady was the replacement of her tooth. She said to all of us there that she had two very bad teeth and they were causing her great pain. She prayed for God to heal her of this pain and when she woke up the next day, both of her teeth had been replace. Not just replaced, but replaced with GOLD teeth.

Michael, did she lie?

In the same place in the same meeting, the next person said that they were terrified of driving in traffic but had to go through Atlanta Ga. They said that ....."I CLOSED MY EYES" and allowed God to drive my car through Atlanta and I never once opened them to see where we were".

Michael, did she lie?

Now recently on a Christian web site a young man claimed that he is able to stop approaching tornadoes and in fact has already done just that.

Now is he lying Michael?

Are all three lying or are they stretching the truth by exaggerating reality. Are all three trying to look more SPIRITUAL than everyone else by these great miracles that THEY and only they are involved in.But then again, some would say that is lying wouldn't they?

Now, would you like to address this comments in a caring, educated Christian attitude or will you be using the attack
method and be sarcastic as usual????

Im still waiting to see that apology to my dear "sweet" sister Sweet... No one should try to give others advice on the truth of the scriptures.. unless there is some evidence that person is walking in the truth themselves.... Telling folks about signs and wonders are not evidence of the work of the Holy Spirit in a person..its just stories that have no value because the testimony and witness cannot be trusted, unless their is some evidence of Gods Divine Nature in the one who would be a witness. Get the character of the witness in line with the Holy Spirit and then the "witness" can have a testimony that others can hear and consider.

AMEN!

Character is the key here I think.

To me, character is "doing what is right because it is right". Christians today are people who do and say what is right for the right reason.

The definition of character presupposes 2 things:

1. An absolute stay define right and wrong. People of character DO NOT make up the story or change the rules as they go along. They have accepted the reality of right and wrong beforehand.

2. The second thing is the willingness to obey. Agreeing with the rules is one thing...but playing by them is something else all together.

In those whose character is questionable, personal achievement rules over Godly obedience.

I am fine Michael, thanks for asking. I am sure you are sincere.

Lying is a strong word and please note mods......I did not say that, Michael did. Now, stretching the bonds of reality seems more acceptable to me.

I was in a meeting several years ago by invitation and one of the testimonies of an elderly lady was the replacement of her tooth. She said to all of us there that she had two very bad teeth and they were causing her great pain. She prayed for God to heal her of this pain and when she woke up the next day, both of her teeth had been replace. Not just replaced, but replaced with GOLD teeth.

Michael, did she lie?

In the same place in the same meeting, the next person said that they were terrified of driving in traffic but had to go through Atlanta Ga. They said that ....."I CLOSED MY EYES" and allowed God to drive my car through Atlanta and I never once opened them to see where we were".

Michael, did she lie?

Now recently on a Christian web site a young man claimed that he is able to stop approaching tornadoes and in fact has already done just that.

Now is he lying Michael?

Are all three lying or are they stretching the truth by exaggerating reality. Are all three trying to look more SPIRITUAL than everyone else by these great miracles that THEY and only they are involved in.But then again, some would say that is lying wouldn't they?

Now, would you like to address this comments in a caring, educated Christian attitude or will you be using the attack
method and be sarcastic as usual????

I am not trying to be sarcastic. I am not sure I would allow God to drive me through traffic in Atlanta with eyes closed though, in fact I just left Atlanta when I met the Tornado. These things should not be made into jokes though, as the power of God is serious and real.

As for trying to look more spiritual?

To be spiritual one has their life in subjection to the Holy Spirit. Being spiritual has ZERO to do with anyway God uses us. It's God's word, God's Power, God's direction, so that is nothing we did. To walk by the Word, to cast down thoughts against the Word, to spend time with God, to walk in the fruits of the Spirit (spirit) is something we strive to do. That would be spiritual with no miracles included. To please and obey God is being spiritual, and God used a Donkey to save a prophet. The donkey was not that spiritual, but just a donkey though the donkey could speak. Now if God uses a donkey for a Miracle that ought to put in proper place those who God has done great things with. It does not denote anyone being right with God or spiritual. The power and gifts of God are free and without repentance. We can't boast about something that is free to everyone.

I believe the women got her teeth back, Not sure why Gold, but God knows. I have seen eardrums replaced, seem God do amazing things.

As for Tornado's Major.............................. Your Lord stopped a sea storm by example in a boat. That ought to be good enough example to follow when Your Lord shows you that. The Lord was not pleased with the disciples and fear though.
It was pretty clear the Lord being asleep that He did not care about the storm much and they would have made it just fine to the other side had he not stopped the storm.

My point is we are to fear nothing, and be spirit led. I was just going to wait out that Tornado, I knew it could not touch me. I had no power or reason to speak to that tornado.

Now pay attention.........

WE NEVER ATTEMPT TO DO SOMETHING WITHOUT HEARING FIRST!!!!!

Trying to just go out and stop a tornado without hearing direction can get you killed. It's good enough to know that no weapon formed against us can prosper, Jesus said nothing by any means shall hurt us, and for us, we settle it on that. Putting ourselves in danger is stupid and presumptuous faith.

Because of the other men (Some crying) the Lord asked me to speak to the tornado. Tornado's have to obey as we are not subject to the elements of this World. (Gal 3) I just did as directed. Otherwise I was just going to let it pass as i could not drive because of the wind and large hail.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Im still waiting to see that apology to my dear "sweet" sister Sweet... No one should try to give others advice on the truth of the scriptures.. unless there is some evidence that person is walking in the truth themselves.... Telling folks about signs and wonders are not evidence of the work of the Holy Spirit in a person..its just stories that have no value because the testimony and witness cannot be trusted, unless there is some evidence of Gods Divine Nature in the one who would be a witness. Get the character of the witness in line with the Holy Spirit and then the "witness" can have a testimony that others can hear and consider.

I am not backing down from what the scriptures say, and not taking back what I said. Any strife in a home puts everyone in danger, it allows the enemy in.

This issue is not being understood correctly because of the limited communication ability we have on the forum. Also before I left for UT, Sweetpea P.M'ed me a few times and I was able to explain more about what I meant and asked her to write down some scripture to keep with her every time thoughts of fear or thoughts came up. I asked her to just start speaking the scripture and keep her mind focused on that.

Because of her understanding of the Word, she did not fully understand what I was saying, and that is my fault for being unable to make it more clear. She had been concerned about something a Pastor said to her about great destruction concerning her kid or great salvation. I told her to just cut the enemy off in her house with no strife and not be concerned about what the Pastor said as there can be no destruction if the enemy has no right to bring any. What that Pastor said was sort of cryptic and he did not explain it to her or her husband and just made the comment and left.

Blessings.

AMEN!

Character is the key here I think.

To me, character is "doing what is right because it is right". Christians today are people who do and say what is right for the right reason.

The definition of character presupposes 2 things:

1. An absolute stay define right and wrong. People of character DO NOT make up the story or change the rules as they go along. They have accepted the reality of right and wrong beforehand.

2. The second thing is the willingness to obey. Agreeing with the rules is one thing...but playing by them is something else all together.

In those whose character is questionable, personal achievement rules over Godly obedience.
I think you are missing the point? you have no witness on this issue or any other in my view, until you repent of the wickedness and sin you have committed against Sweet... so please don't complain about how no one will listen to your vain and empty thoughts about the things of God.. you have no standing among the saints , to give counsel upon the truth until you walk in the truth. What you are showing here is what the scriptures refer to as "reprobate".. I have given you fair warning and will soon turn away from any form of fellowship with you.

I think you are missing the point? you have no witness on this issue or any other in my view, until you repent of the wickedness and sin you have committed against Sweet... so please don't complain about how no one will listen to your vain and empty thoughts about the things of God.. you have no standing among the saints , to give counsel upon the truth until you walk in the truth. What you are showing here is what the scriptures refer to as "reprobate".. I have given you fair warning and will soon turn away from any form of fellowship with you.

Michael.....I am of the same understanding as is Mitspa. YOUR character has been damaged and your witness for Christ is non-existant IMO.

Your account of being able to stop tornadoes is just as lame as the ladies I gave you the example of. YOUR kind of Christianity is what hinders a lot of people from coming and accepting Christ. YOU make it sound like Christmas 365 days a year when if fact it is not that at all.

Why don't you try and live in the real world with the rest of us instead of making up the one you are now living in.

Since you are going to UT, there are several schools of higher education in Christianity around it. I would encourage you to try and work in some evening classes around your schedule. It would be a real blessing to you IMO.

Some that I know of are.......
1. Bryan College at Knoxville
2. Crown College Crown
3. Tennessee Wesleyan College

Last edited:
Back