Eating icecream

I don't see any reason why not.
Just remember it's full of sugar.
Oh, I love ice cream!

What is the normal serving of sugar per day that we should have, and how much does a bowl of IC have.

I'm sorry, but this verse comes to mind:

Titus 3:9 (KJV)
But avoid foolish questions, and genealogies, and contentions, and strivings about the law; for they are unprofitable and vain.

What's your purpose for such a question that cannot be quantified in its present form?

Of course it is! Else I should die now....!

Then again, you are better off making your own so that you don't get all the extra garbage in pre-made ice cream. 4 ingredients is all you need.....(I think?)

Anything in excess could be qualified as sin ....maybe...lest it's prayer.... or worship...hmmm....

Greetings:
Christian sanity takes in all three:body,spirit,soul.If Ice-cream is messing up any of those,bring it down
to a minimum.
bye

Moderation is the key. Don't rely on ice cream for comfort; remember the comfort you seek is in your Father in Heaven.
Allow the Holy Spirit to waver your decision...speak to Jesus.
"Should I have this bowl of ice cream?" :)

If this is an honest question, then I'd say a scoop a day can't hurt. Unless you have health issues like diabetes or lactose intolerance. Then I'd ask your doctor.

Everything done in modesty is good. Extreme is always negative. So enjoy without guilt your ice cream but do not over eat. Over eating is my problem, I jokingly told my coworkers that they should live next to me to get free ice cream. Every time I brought ice cream I binged it and feel so guilty I throw the rest of the ice cream away (may be 1/4 consumed), so goes for chips etc., Very frustrating that I can not resist eating too much.

Honestly, when I first read this I laughed because I thought it was a joke, but then realized it might be a serious question.

Eating ice cream isn't okay to eat every single day. It's not healthy for you. Can you still have it? Yes. Every day? Probably not. It's good to eat anything in moderation.

Most ice creams contains high amounts of saturated fat. Eating high portions of saturated fat increases cholesterol. If you ate this every day, your cholesterol might be going up which can cause heart attacks, strokes, etc. There are two kinds of fats: Unsaturated and saturated. You want to try to stay away from large quantities of saturated fat, which ice cream has.

There are definitely healtheir alternatives with ice cream. You can find ice cream that is made out of rice milk or soymilk, low fat, and low calories (but just because it's low fat and low calories doesn't always mean it's healthy, contrary to what people believe)!

If you like ice cream, you may enjoy sorbet and fruit puree. They are delicious and will fall right up your alley!

You want to strive for balance. Having a few servings of ice cream doesn't mean you will gain or lose weight. However, it's all about the balance between the calories. Let's say you eat a whole carton of ice cream and we'll say that's 1,000 calories. If you eat less amount of calories during the day and just have that large amount of calories, you probably won't gain weight. However, I will never recommend that with anyone. Now, if you eat a whole carton of ice cream and eat many calories throughout the day, you will gain weight.

It's about balance and it's nice to have a treat once in a while.

Eating ice cream every day is not the best that you can do.

Healthwise, just be careful. A balanced diet can include ice cream (even daily), but it might mean very little. And when I say it can include ice cream, I mean despite it, not because of it.

Last edited:
Because everyone is different. People will have different interests than everyone else. :)
I really like Chinese food, but if I ate it every single day I'd end up hating it. It is wayyy more enjoyable to have it as a treat on somewhat rare and spontaneous occasions than for it to be a staple in your diet. Most of the pleasure is in the rarity of it.
Granted this can be said of any food/drink, which is why it is wise to make your staples be a healthy variety of foods that provide adequate energy and minerals, and let the special treats be the less healthy, high fat, high sugar foods.

I really like Chinese food, but if I ate it every single day I'd end up hating it. It is wayyy more enjoyable to have it as a treat on somewhat rare and spontaneous occasions than for it to be a staple in your diet. Most of the pleasure is in the rarity of it.
Granted this can be said of any food/drink, which is why it is wise to make your staples be a healthy variety of foods that provide adequate energy and minerals, and let the special treats be the less healthy, high fat, high sugar foods.
Like I said, everyone is different :)

Back