Echoes in Eternity

Coffee in hand :coffee:

Proverbs 21:2
Every way of a man is right in his own eyes: but the LORD pondereth the hearts. (KJV)
A person may think their own ways are right, but the LORD weighs the heart. (NIV)
Every man’s way is right in his own eyes, But the LORD weighs the hearts. (NASB)
People may be right in their own eyes, but the LORD examines their heart. (NLT)

Most translations refer to the ways of man. It took me a moment to find this translation which seems to refer to the person rather than his ways.

cp

People may be right in their own eyes,
but the LORD examines their heart.”
Proverbs 21:2

What we do in life echoes in eternity.
[Our Daily Bread]

Hello Bob;

Thank you for sharing Echoes In Eternity. This gave me a thought of examples how God works in us;

There are mornings when we don't feel like praying, but we still choose to pray. There are days we don't feel like serving, but we choose to serve. There are days when we don't feel like working, but we choose to work. This is an
example of our sacrifice for Jesus.

Choose instead to let go of
"Our Just" before God, and in prayer, just be honest with Him. That becomes an example of God examining our hearts.

I do believe in what we do will have an impact in the long run.

God bless you, Bob and your family.

I've come to learn in my own life that Christians often sell short what is meant by faith and belief.

People in general follow what is rational in their mind, their led by this rational thought. As Christians we are led by a different Spirit that leads us in a different way. Our actions are not always rational to the world around us. Nor would they seem rational to us before God brought us to him.

We act then on the faith that God has given us. Just as Abraham was lead to trust in God leaving his home country to live in a promised land. Many probably thought he was crazy.

cp

Hello Bob;

Thank you for sharing Echoes In Eternity. This gave me a thought of examples how God works in us;

There are mornings when we don't feel like praying, but we still choose to pray. There are days we don't feel like serving, but we choose to serve. There are days when we don't feel like working, but we choose to work. This is an
example of our sacrifice for Jesus.

Choose instead to let go of
"Our Just" before God, and in prayer, just be honest with Him. That becomes an example of God examining our hearts.

I do believe in what we do will have an impact in the long run.

God bless you, Bob and your family.
Thank you, bobinfaith, for your "right on" statements. I really appreciated them.

We are also told in:

Luke 16:15
And he said unto them, Ye are they which justify yourselves (rationalize, making oneself right) before men; but God knoweth your hearts: for that which is highly esteemed among men is abomination in the sight of God.

Christ is using very similar language when he was talking to the Pharisees. The scripture in Proverbs would have been one the Pharisees were well familiar with.

cp

We are also told in:

And he said unto them, Ye are they which justify yourselves (rationalize, making oneself right) before men; but God knoweth your hearts: for that which is highly esteemed among men is abomination in the sight of God.

Christ is using very similar language when he was talking to the Pharisees. The scripture in Proverbs would have been one the Pharisees were well familiar with.

cp
Were you quoting the Amplified Bible Version...or your own interpretation?
Either way, it's a good one.

We are also told in:

cp

Were you quoting the Amplified Bible Version...or your own interpretation?
Either way, it's a good one.

Hey, Bob, the Amplified was the first Bible given to me. It took me 8 years to finish. Go figure! lol!

Chuck
was using the KJV and I agree, either way is a good translation.

Back