Effective prayers? ..James 5:16b

"The effective, fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much. "James 5:16b Have you ever prayed and received what seemed to be no answer and gave up thinking that maybe God was not listening or was far away? I certainly have stormed heaven many times and got no answer. And, then, thinking further, maybe, just maybe there was something wrong in the way I was praying. Are there certain words that are like a hot line to heaven that only God can decipher? Did I, then, not get through because I didn't know the right words or the right formula to hear back? Was I not connected to the right Wi-Fii? Read the above passage and notice two words today as I did. "fervent" and "righteous." And ask yourself as I have..was I or am I really fervent (that is constant and consistent" in this prayer not giving up easily and praying often. And finally, this is the part that is an "ouch"...Is there something between God and me that might be interfering, something God wants me to see about the way I am praying and the way I am living? How is my heart condition toward God and others? Am I harboring unforgiveness, envy, and resentment maybe even towards the person or persons I am supposed to be praying for? Have I become lukewarm in some ways in my worship and service to God and others? Food for thought??

that is constant and consistent" in this prayer not giving up easily and praying often

Faith needs to be Constant and Consistent.

Without Faith Prayers are weak.

Faith Believes and Faith Trust and Faith Knows.

Faith does not beg or try to convince.

Faith knows how to stand and Faith knows how to Rejoice and Offer Praise of Thanksgiving.

in this prayer not giving up easily and praying often.

Scripture tells us He hears our Prayers.
So if we believe this we don't keep asking Him over and over trying to ware Him down so as to answer.

We Stand on His Word through Faith and fight the good fight of Faith.
We have an enemy the devil who is ever working to keep us from receiving our answer.

And finally, this is the part that is an "ouch"...Is there something between God and me that might be interfering, something God wants me to see about the way I am praying and the way I am living? How is my heart condition toward God and others? Am I harboring unforgiveness, envy, and resentment maybe even towards the person or persons I am supposed to be praying for? Have I become lukewarm in some ways in my worship and service to God and others? Food for thought??

That is Big !!
This is the place where many Believers Stumble because they over look these.

Faith pleases God
Faith needs Love
Love needs Forgiveness

If any of these are Amis then your prayer life suffers.

Disobedience hinders prayers and so much more.
Blessings
FCJ

"The effective, fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much. "James 5:16b Have you ever prayed and received what seemed to be no answer and gave up thinking that maybe God was not listening or was far away? I certainly have stormed heaven many times and got no answer. And, then, thinking further, maybe, just maybe there was something wrong in the way I was praying. Are there certain words that are like a hot line to heaven that only God can decipher? Did I, then, not get through because I didn't know the right words or the right formula to hear back? Was I not connected to the right Wi-Fii? Read the above passage and notice two words today as I did. "fervent" and "righteous." And ask yourself as I have..was I or am I really fervent (that is constant and consistent" in this prayer not giving up easily and praying often. And finally, this is the part that is an "ouch"...Is there something between God and me that might be interfering, something God wants me to see about the way I am praying and the way I am living? How is my heart condition toward God and others? Am I harboring unforgiveness, envy, and resentment maybe even towards the person or persons I am supposed to be praying for? Have I become lukewarm in some ways in my worship and service to God and others? Food for thought??

In my thoughts Philippians 4:6-7 stands out to me, and fits really nicely with Mark 11:24 -25

Do not fret or have any anxiety about anything, but in every circumstance and in everything, by prayer and petition (definite requests), with thanksgiving, continue to make your wants known to God. And God's peace [shall be yours, that tranquil state of a soul assured of its salvation through Christ, and so fearing nothing from God and being content with its earthly lot of whatever sort that is, that peace] which transcends all understanding shall garrison and mount guard over your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.
Philippians 4:6‭-‬7 AMPC

I also have found that when I pray the Word, and thank God for keeping His Word.. I am reminded that His Word never returns unto Him void (is 55:10-11).

Jesus is the High priest of our profession (confession) (Hebrews 3:1) and when we speak His Words (The Promised Words of Thee Word) then He springs onto action to bring them to pass. Also included in this thought is John 14:21.

Another thing I have learned along the way is that like FCJ said... there are also kingdom laws in force, so when we are out of line with these... like not walking in love (for faith works by love ~ Galatians 5:6).. which causes our faith to be hindered...we have a longer wait for those things which we desire to come to pass.

Faith and patience are also a big factor in some things (prayers). Many of the people of old (Hebrews 6:12) have through faith and patience inherited the promises.. they are my encouragement.

As we grow closer to the Father and His ways... we find the potter at work within us (Jeremiah 18:3-6And Philippians 2:13). Skillfully molding us into what He knows will produce the fruit, but we have to be willing to be molded.

Thank you sandpiper for a thought provoking thread.
God bless you and yours abundantly!

In my thoughts Philippians 4:6-7 stands out to me, and fits really nicely with Mark 11:2nd -25

Do not fret or have any anxiety about anything, but in every circumstance and in everything, by prayer and petition (definite requests), with thanksgiving, continue to make your wants known to God. And God's peace [shall be yours, that tranquil state of a soul assured of its salvation through Christ, and so fearing nothing from God and being content with its earthly lot of whatever sort that is, that peace] which transcends all understanding shall garrison and mount guard over your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.
Philippians 4:6‭-‬7 AMPC

I also have found that when I pray the Word, and thank God for keeping His Word.. I am reminded that His Word never returns unto Him void (is 55:10-11).

Jesus is the High priest of our profession (confession) (Hebrews 3:1) and when we speak His Words (The Promised Words of Thee Word) then He springs onto action to bring them to pass. Also included in this thought is John 14:21.

Another thing I have learned along the way is that like FCJ said... there are also kingdom laws in force, so when we are out of line with these... like not walking in love (for faith works by love ~ Galatians 5:6).. which causes our faith to be hindered...we have a longer wait for those things which we desire to come to pass.

Faith and patience are also a big factor in some things (prayers). Many of the people of old (Hebrews 6:12) have through faith and patience inherited the promises.. they are my encouragement.

As we grow closer to the Father and His ways... we find the potter at work within us (Jeremiah 18:3-6And Philippians 2:13). Skillfully molding us into what He knows will produce the fruit, but we have to be willing to be molded.

Thank you sandpiper for a thought provoking thread.
God bless you and yours abundantly!
Thank you for sharing. God bless.

Back