Ego

Why do we base our success/status against someone else's shortfalls/failures? Point: If everyone was musically gifted we wouldn't be impressed by someone who could - supply & demand. We are not impressed by being able to breath because everyone does it. So our success evaluation is based upon since experience. Consider: God is the source of all, no shortfalls, our success evaluations are meaningless in that light, and yet we strut around with our nose in the air. 'What man calls great God calls foolish and what man calls foolish God calls great '.
Jesus Christ was born in a manger and we might think, surely God could have done better than that.
It is foolish for us to judge/evaluate the Word.

Hello 2404;

I feel one of the greatest sin is ego / pride, and one of Satan's biggest weapons used against us is vanity.

I was the eldest of my siblings and my ego kept me ahead of them in life. When my sister and her husband had a bad car accident the insurance settled them a large sum of money. They bought a beautiful home and my ego turned to jealousy because we were still renting an apartment.

A co-worker could see this in me after I vented about my sister and brother in law's new home. He replied, "Bob, your brother in law had a bad car accident and put a scar above his eye for life. Regarding their new home from the settlement, why can't you be happy for them?"

This was an eye-opener. Though this happened 36 years ago and other lessons came my way, what my friend shared ministered to me to this day.

Thank you for sharing, 2404. May God bless you and your family.

Back