Emblem Preparedness

We are told to examine ourselves so that we don't eat and drink of them unworthily.

1 Cor 11:28-29 But let a man examine himself, and so let him eat of that bread, and drink of that cup. 29 For he that eateth and drinketh unworthily, eateth and drinketh damnation to himself, not discerning the Lord's body. (KJV)

For me I ask what does it mean to take these symbols in an unworthy manner? What are we examining with in ourselves?

I would first read the fuller context of 1 Cor 11 to see if it answers any of these questions.

There are several clues:
1 Cor 11:1 Be ye followers of me, even as I also am of Christ. (KJV)

The church is also the woman or bride of Christ and should have a covering. Christ is our covering having covered our sins and cleansed us.

Paul sees a problem that the Corinthians have:
1 Cor 11:17 Now in this that I declare unto you I praise you not, that ye come together not for the better, but for the worse. (KJV)
1 Cor 11:18 For first of all, when ye come together in the church, I hear that there be divisions among you; and I partly believe it. (KJV)
1 Cor 11:19 For there must be also heresies among you, that they which are approved may be made manifest among you. (KJV)

These are serious problems in the Corinthian church that needed to be addressed. They were matters to be examined within the Corinthians to see if there heart was with God. Were they following Christ, a man, or another God? Did they have proper reverence for God and the sacrifice Christ made for us.

This in part may have prompted Paul to say:

1 Cor 11:20 When ye come together therefore into one place, this is not to eat the Lord's supper. (KJV)

In the context we have answered the questions. There is more to study, but through the context one can see the essence of what Paul meant when he told them to examine themselves.

cp

We are told to examine ourselves so that we don't eat and drink of them unworthily.

1 Cor 11:28-29 But let a man examine himself, and so let him eat of that bread, and drink of that cup. 29 For he that eateth and drinketh unworthily, eateth and drinketh damnation to himself, not discerning the Lord's body. (KJV)

For me I ask what does it mean to take these symbols in an unworthy manner? What are we examining with in ourselves?

I would first read the fuller context of 1 Cor 11 to see if it answers any of these questions.

There are several clues:
1 Cor 11:1 Be ye followers of me, even as I also am of Christ. (KJV)

The church is also the woman or bride of Christ and should have a covering. Christ is our covering having covered our sins and cleansed us.

Paul sees a problem that the Corinthians have:
1 Cor 11:17 Now in this that I declare unto you I praise you not, that ye come together not for the better, but for the worse. (KJV)
1 Cor 11:18 For first of all, when ye come together in the church, I hear that there be divisions among you; and I partly believe it. (KJV)
1 Cor 11:19 For there must be also heresies among you, that they which are approved may be made manifest among you. (KJV)

These are serious problems in the Corinthian church that needed to be addressed. They were matters to be examined within the Corinthians to see if there heart was with God. Were they following Christ, a man, or another God? Did they have proper reverence for God and the sacrifice Christ made for us.

This in part may have prompted Paul to say:

1 Cor 11:20 When ye come together therefore into one place, this is not to eat the Lord's supper. (KJV)

In the context we have answered the questions. There is more to study, but through the context one can see the essence of what Paul meant when he told them to examine themselves.

cp

I would offer. I think the unworthy manner is a manner that would take the new ceremonial law (1 Corinthians 11) a shadow designed for the New Testament as the very shadow of the unseen coming glory as if it was the actual consummation of the wedding at the end of this age under the sun.

A picture or sign to the whole world not as some sort of personal sign gift to ones own self. . . like a selfie today LOL I am so beutiful to me can't you see?

The blood of grapes freshly squeezed, not fermented wine .Wine is anything that intoxicates or invigorates that leads to dissipation of the Spirit of Christ, ultimately false pride .

The newly designed ceremonial law the time of reformation had come. A new shadows that points ahead to a fulfillment was given

Both elements working as one representative glory.(1) The blood of grapes and bread plus(2) the head or hair of man, not covered along with the hair of woman covered .

The uncovered hair or head of man along with the hair covered of a woman represent the new creature what we will be, the bride of Christ.

Male is used as a representative glory of Christ.(not seen) female as the glory of man seen and the Holy Spirit not leaving woman without any representative glory . . . her glory or hair must be covered so that in the end of the matter the only glory to be revealed to the world is the glory of God. it is then when we receive our new incorruptible body it will be glory, glory, glory. Just as before the fall.

I would offer. Remember before the first century reformation under a hierarchy of men, kings in Israel, the abomination of desolation. Jewish men alone were allowed to perform the ceremonies used as shadows pointing towards the renting of the veil. There were high walls preventing any participation between the Jewish men and women and another high wall that separated the Jewish woman from the Gentiles. The walls came down (promise of Joel ) a new kingdom of priest men and woman from all the nation had a new window or door of opportunity to demonstrate to the whole world the coming wedding supper. Men and women from all nations. . . one new creature the gospel.

The head or hair covering aspect has been all but called a fashion trend for the time period and we lose that portion of the shadow. There are some sects that do honor both elements the blood of grapes with bread and the veil that covers glory (women hair) . . That veil of the bride will be lifted up on the last day under the sun .Just as the veil was rent form the top to the bottom to indicate the time of reformation was then .

It I belive becomes are they worthy to glorify God not seen or mankind seen?

I would offer. I think the unworthy manner is a manner that would take the new ceremonial law (1 Corinthians 11) a shadow designed for the New Testament as the very shadow of the unseen coming glory as if it was the actual consummation of the wedding at the end of this age under the sun.

A picture or sign to the whole world not as some sort of personal sign gift to ones own self. . . like a selfie today LOL I am so beutiful to me can't you see?

The blood of grapes freshly squeezed, not fermented wine .Wine is anything that intoxicates or invigorates that leads to dissipation of the Spirit of Christ, ultimately false pride .

The newly designed ceremonial law the time of reformation had come. A new shadows that points ahead to a fulfillment was given

Both elements working as one representative glory.(1) The blood of grapes and bread plus(2) the head or hair of man, not covered along with the hair of woman covered .

The uncovered hair or head of man along with the hair covered of a woman represent the new creature what we will be, the bride of Christ.

Male is used as a representative glory of Christ.(not seen) female as the glory of man seen and the Holy Spirit not leaving woman without any representative glory . . . her glory or hair must be covered so that in the end of the matter the only glory to be revealed to the world is the glory of God. it is then when we receive our new incorruptible body it will be glory, glory, glory. Just as before the fall.

I would offer. Remember before the first century reformation under a hierarchy of men, kings in Israel, the abomination of desolation. Jewish men alone were allowed to perform the ceremonies used as shadows pointing towards the renting of the veil. There were high walls preventing any participation between the Jewish men and women and another high wall that separated the Jewish woman from the Gentiles. The walls came down (promise of Joel ) a new kingdom of priest men and woman from all the nation had a new window or door of opportunity to demonstrate to the whole world the coming wedding supper. Men and women from all nations. . . one new creature the gospel.

The head or hair covering aspect has been all but called a fashion trend for the time period and we lose that portion of the shadow. There are some sects that do honor both elements the blood of grapes with bread and the veil that covers glory (women hair) . . That veil of the bride will be lifted up on the last day under the sun .Just as the veil was rent form the top to the bottom to indicate the time of reformation was then .

Do you just make this stuff up as you go or do you actually talk like this in real life?

So you answer the questions I asked of myself

with something you believe to be true based on your understanding of the Bible.

I agree that Paul may have been referring to more than the context of 1 Corinthians 11. In a complete study of the matter I would look at the Old Testament law referring to the Passover, Christ's sacrifice, symbolic meanings of wine and unleavened bread.

But before that I would look to reading all of 1 Corinthians and then the other writings of Paul to see what he mean by examining oneself and what he meant by an unworthy manner.

2 Cor 13:5 Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?

I believe it would be a worthwhile study.

cp

T

So you answer the questions I asked of myself

with something you believe to be true based on your understanding of the Bible.

I agree that Paul may have been referring to more than the context of 1 Corinthians 11. In a complete study of the matter I would look at the Old Testament law referring to the Passover, Christ's sacrifice, symbolic meanings of wine and unleavened bread.

But before that I would look to reading all of 1 Corinthians and then the other writings of Paul to see what he mean by examining oneself and what he meant by an unworthy manner.

2 Cor 13:5 Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?

I believe it would be a worthwhile study.

cp

T

I will offer it again.

It I belive it becomes are they worthy to glorify God not seen or glory in the flesh of mankind seen? What does the shadow (cerimonial law) represent? Why at the time or reformation? The previuos time period kings in Israel used in a parable came to a end.

I will offer it again.

It I belive it becomes are they worthy to glorify God not seen or glory in the flesh of mankind seen? What does the shadow (cerimonial law) represent? Why at the time or reformation? The previuos time period kings in Israel used in a parable came to a end.

If I understand you right you are saying that:

We examine ourselves to test or proof to ourselves that we are worthy to glorify Christ who can not be seen or do they just glory in their own flesh?

The Old Testament holy days were a shadow of what was to come

Col 2:16-17 Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days: Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ. (KJV)

cp

Back