Emergency Pastor Service

That would certainly bring things to head.
usually abuse of fry does not extend to adults.
Does he have a history of physical abuse toward you? toward his mother?

I'm not sure what you mean by "fry". Could you please explain? My brother has slapped/popped me in the face once, but that was the first and only time I ever stood up to him. I never pushed him beyond his means. Ever.

Have you ever heard a scream where it sounded like a roar?
Have you ever seen anger where it appeared as though someone was possessed?
This is what it is like.

At the same time, he isn't always a horrible dad.

Tink, I am not sure what to tell you-but living in fear is not the way to go-you need people help of some kind. Strength in numbers...

the thing is, people with violent tendencies, if they dont find some reason to change, will continue to get more and more violent. Something needs done, for those kids safety. Im all for an intervention by family/friends if at all possible, but at some point, those kids safety have to come before your need to see them. Think about the kids here. Your brother will not change unless given a reason to change-and if no one stands up to him, he will never see a reason to change.

its a hard choice, and spending some time praying about it, and trying to get ahold of those pastors again and discussing the situation with them isn't a bad idea-explore every possibility you can, but realize if you really want those kids safe you need to do something-even if it means getting smacked around. And, if all else fails, call CPS. Giving those kids a chance to grow up in a loving home instead of getting beat may be a hard decision, but its better then getting beat to death because daddy lost it, and it may even knock some sense into dad. CPS has been known to return kids to parents if they get their lives back online.

Now, Im not saying run out and call CPS, I would use that as a last resort, but keep in mind, true love puts all else before your wants and needs-I realize you love your brother, and his kids, but at the same time, he needs to change, and his kids need protection-theyre innocent in all this. If you stand up, and say stop it, and he hits you, at least you had a choice-those kids don't, they don't have an avenue of escape, theyre not asking for that. I would advise reaching out for help-and not just online, dont give up on your pastors. If you can't get them to give you the time of day, find a pastor at another church, or a elder, or something, and get them to help you. You dont have to do this alone.

Thank you. I agree that their safety is more important. I suppose I fear their safety if they were to be forced into a foster family as well.

there is a chance that they will get a bad foster family. I definetly wont argue that. theres a chance they will get bounced from home to home to, which also isnt healthy. But theres also a chance they will find a good home. Its a toss of the dice, which is why I feel it should be a last resort, but at the same time look at it this way-as things are going right now, theyre already in a bad situation. If you cant get dad to change, then theyre already in a bad home situation, you can either leave them in what you know is a bad situation-or roll the dice and hope God protects them.

But like I said, I don't know the entire situation, and since Im not there, theres stuff I may be missing, there maybe other options, local programs, etc, thats why I think before doing anything get ahold of a good pastor or elder at a local church, there maybe other, better options that were not seeing here.

I contacted two churches that I have attended regularly last night in order to speak to a "after hour" pastor due to an emergency. I have never reached out before, but I had an awful experience at my brothers last night and really needed some Godly advice about something I am thinking of doing.

None of the after hour pastors called me back. I got a message at 6:45 this morning from one, but there wasn't a missed number on my caller ID, and the number provided was the same number you call to leave a message where someone is supposed to call you back. I called again today and still did not hear back from either church.

What is the point of these "emergency after hour pastoral services" if they don't even call people back within a reasonable amount of time??
That's sad to hear. Let's pray that they have been super busy and are planning to call you back!

If not, I am on Facebook. If you have a Facebook account, I'd love to add ya and we can talk on that! I go on Facebook every day, so I'll definitely be reading and responding to your emails/comments :)

Btw, I know that there have been people wanting my Facebook. So here is my response: I'm open to give my Facebook link out to anyone who asks. I just prefer to do it in a message :)

If you can't reach your pastor, you can complain to his boss, our father in heaven. I'm sure he will take action. :D My dads a pastor and evangelist. He does not have an emergency number and anyone can call him on his mobile phone anytime except during prayer when he will switch his phone off. I know he is super busy. So I would give your pastor the benefit of the doubt. You can also message one of our team members if you need. :)

Thank you Jeff and Katie, it's not the actual pastor but a pastoral team. I go to a mega church and another one. They are both large and have a large team. This is why I was surprised.

In case of emergency, you can call on these numbers too:
- When you are sad, call on John 14
- When you don’t feel loved, call on Romans 8:38-39
- When you have sinned, call on 1 John 1:8-9
- When you are facing danger, call on Psalm 91
- When people have failed you, call on Psalm 27
- When God feel far from you, call on Psalm 139
- When your faith needs encouraging, call on Hebrews 11
- When you are scared, call on Psalm 23
- When you are worried, call on Matthew 6:25-34
- When you are hurt, call on Colossians 3:12-17
- When you feel no one is on your side, call on Romans 8:31-39
- When you are seeking rest, call on Matthew 11:25-30
- When you are suffering, call on Romans 8:18-30
- When you feel you’re failing, call on Psalm 121
- When you pray, call on Matthew 6:9-13
- When you need courage, call on Joshua 1
- When you are in need, call on Philippians 4:19
- When you are hated because of your faith, call on John 15
- When you are losing hope, call on 2 Thessalonians 2:16-17
- When you are seeking peace, call on John 14:27
- When you want to do good works, call on John 15
- When you want to live a happy life, call on Colossians 3:12-17
- When you don’t understand what God is doing, call on Isaiah 55:8-9
- When you want to get along with others, call on Romans 12:9-21

Thank you Katie re Facebook. I have deactivated it for the time being because it was not condusive to my relationship qith God. I plan on going back on shortly though and will definitely take you up on your offer.

Ultimately, it may well come down to CPS if your brother doesn't respect the authority of a church or other agency. And the truth is, any other individual, group, or agency other than a government agency such as CPS will not likely have the authority of law behind them. Another consideration is that some people are legally required to report abuse, so if you talk to them, they will have to report it and CPS will likely become involved anyway.

The effectiveness of CPS will depend on the culture of your local social services environment and the competence and professionalism of the representative and the resources they have available to them. A competent agent from a healthy agency will make every effort to maintain family contact and to work toward restoration of the family.

Perhaps ideally a first step would be to get the help from a non-governmental source - maybe the Salvation Army, as Rusty suggested - to try to talk to your brother and help the situation. They could lend weight to their case by letting him know that if your brother doesn't make some changes, CPS will be involved. If nothing else, they could point you to the right places for help and help you figure out your options.

Back