Emergent church leader says 'gay' can be biblical lifestyle

• Thread starter Boanerges(Inactive)
  • Start date
B

Boanerges(Inactive)

Isa 5:20 Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!
Isa 5:21 Woe unto them that are wise in their own eyes, and prudent in their own sight!

That's quite an article. Very controversial to traditional Christian beliefs. Modern Christianity does shed some concerns in my eyes.
Linda

*** Link removed according to Forum Rules. Please contact Moderators at [email protected] ***

We simply cannot start tearing the pages out of the bible that we don't particularly care for.

In fact, I would say that if reading the bible doesnt cause concern or even some degree of fear, one might want to place his hand on his chest to make sure he is still alive.

I would love nothing more than to see the pews filled with homosexuals, prostitutes, adulterers, alcoholice, etc, seeking help and guidance, but that does not mean that we need to change the Word of God to comfort the majority.

Most of these types of "liberal" churches are simply more concerned with attendance and income than they are with truth. To many of these "pastors" ministry has become a job and not a service.

"I now believe that GLBTQ can live lives in accord with biblical Christianity (as least as much as any of us can!)," writes author and church leader Tony Jones, "and that their monogamy can and should be sanctioned and blessed by church and state."
That is heresy, one could substitute "GLBTQ" in this quote with "Adulterer", "Child Molester", "Sodomite", "Drug Addict", or any other dangerous and sinful lifestyle choice.

Love, help and compassion? Yes, absolutely,
but church sanctioning and blessing before the Altar? That is blasphemy.

Back