Emotions and control

Emotions and control

Remember that our LORD gives us freewill.
Which makes sense on why we have control over our love, mercy compassion and pretty much EVERY emotion of God...
By control I mean, just because you love someone, dont mean you have to hug them every second of every min...

What we dont have control over anger...
When we get angry its always a struggle to not say something you will "regret".
We struggle to control anger, no matter who we are...

This makes this verse alot clearer.
James 4:7 Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.

How can the devil have any control if we are fully submitted to God, not playing in evil emotion??
How can any of us except to control a evil emotion by walking with God?? We have to cut off all evil emotion and be more righteous in our "anger"
Gods example of righteous punishment and so on is a good one.
Gods punishment always includes LOVE - He punished Adam and eve out of love not anger or hate..

This is yet one of the biggest logical proofs of Gods existence I have came across.
We control love but we struggle to control anger...
We know anger is NOT of God, so obviously we will have limited control over it..
Anger is destruction... destruction is satan.

Dont play with anger, just throw it away..
Dont try to control anger, just throw the emotion away entirely (easier said than done I know :p) :smiley180::smiley180::smiley180:
Genesis 3
21 The LORD God made garments of skin for Adam and his wife and clothed them. 22 And the LORD God said, "The man has now become like one of us, knowing good and evil. He must not be allowed to reach out his hand and take also from the tree of life and eat, and live forever." 23 So the LORD God banished him from the Garden of Eden to work the ground from which he had been taken. 24 After he drove the man out, he placed on the east side [e] of the Garden of Eden cherubim and a flaming sword flashing back and forth to guard the way to the tree of life.

Wow, God said some pretty upsetting things in this chapter which would probably make you stop reading then and think "we are doomed to die" if we didnt know anything at all about the bible...
But what amazes me, even when he was saying things like we must not live for ever, he still showed love and mercy in dressing them!!!
When in reality, we couldnt live forever, because God made it clear that we could not know good and evil and live for ever, He never ever never gos back on His word..
No; so instead He sent Himself down and sacrificed Himself so we made be able to live for ever....
How amazing is that, really?? It almost brings me to tears...
But anyway, point is anger is satans realm, God had rightouse "anger" I dont even think you could call it anger, more loving punishment.
God is our example though and through on how we must act to submit to Him...

I LOVE GOD!!!!!!!!! :smiley180::smiley180::smiley180:

Ah you remind me of Apostle Peter :) a fisherman through and through . but loved the Lord with his whole heart .

the choice to give your emotion over to something . or direct it at something . takes years of discipline and prayer to realize .

and sometimes the devil is the sin indwelling your members . or as the popular cliche says "sometimes the devil is you"

but God does have a form of anger . He even when speaking of His incarnation

Isaiah 63:5
I looked, but there was no one to help, I was appalled that no one gave support; so my own arm worked salvation for me, and my own wrath sustained me.

but speaking of man's wrath James says:

James 1:20
For the wrath of man worketh not the righteousness of God.

So there is a form of Godly anger .. which is contrasted with the humanly kind .. of which it is written .

Romans 12:19
Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord.

Ok, so God does have a type of anger, I kinda sensed that myself but felt like I should be careful in saying it...
I think Gods anger is an example of righteous anger though...
And we look at the way he treated Adam and Eve, His anger was still done out of love.
EDIT; You just said its righouse anger lol, sorry I am very all over the place, I got a new job doing what I love and Im just so ZOOM tonight...

Back