Encouraging scriptures from the Bible?

Encouraging scriptures from the Bible?

Hi all. I wanted to know if you can post here any scriptures you know of that prove that the Bible knew certain things before man. Prophesies that have come true if you will.

It's always nice to hear encouraging proof, especially since I for some reason allow myself to read internet articles written by nonbelievers. I don't know why I do that. Anyway, I'm sure I'm not the only one that will benefit from this.

I'll start with one. It is he that sits upon the circle of the Earth. Isaiah 40:22. This proved that the Bible knew the Earth was round before we discovered it!

Hi all. I wanted to know if you can post here any scriptures you know of that prove that the Bible knew certain things before man. Prophesies that have come true if you will.

It's always nice to hear encouraging proof, especially since I for some reason allow myself to read internet articles written by nonbelievers. I don't know why I do that. Anyway, I'm sure I'm not the only one that will benefit from this.

I'll start with one. It is he that sits upon the circle of the Earth. Isaiah 40:22. This proved that the Bible knew the Earth was round before we discovered it!

Hrrm... The Romans often referred to the world as orbis terrarum, that is, the circle of lands. The Roman world was the entire "circle" of the mediterranean. Isaiah may have meant something similar. I don't think this passage should be taken as a prophecy in that regard, and I don't think we should be looking for such passages to begin with.

The Bible is not a science textbook, and I can't understand why some people treat it as such.

But that's just my opinion.

Sometimes I'm so resistant to asking things on this board for fear of offending people.

It's really encouraging to not only see the Bible as a book of love, but to also see even more of a reason to believe that it MUST be a book of truth if it even predicts things that were true before we even knew they were true.

And I believe God added these things to the Bible as a means of encouragement. And there's nothing wrong with looking for the Bible's predictions, that's why they're there.

God indeed knew the world was round sister!:)

First of all… you already took my verse. :(
That one in Isaiah was the first one that came to mind as I started reading your fist post.

I don’t know of any others right off hand. I may have to look around a little.

And don’t be so resistant to asking things on here. I’m sure I’m not the only one who likes questions. Even if I don’t know it or don’t agree with it, it makes me get into the Bible to see what God says. After all… what God says is the only thing that really matters. Don’t be so afraid of offending people. If someone is offended, one of two things has happened, you offended them, or they were offended. I think most of the time people “get” offended. It’s all in how they take what you said, not what you said. It only matters what people say or think if they are right. And if they are right, they must agree with what God says, and His opinion is what matters, not man’s opinion.

Anyway, I’ll keep your question in mind and get back to you if I come up with anything.

Blessings
Dean

Job 36:27 For he maketh small the drops of water: they pour down rain according to the vapor thereof:
Job 36:28 Which the clouds do drop and distill upon man abundantly.

Scientists would not figure our for centuries that water vapor formed into rain.

Since God created all things, then He is the perfect one to approach for scientific answers. After all He did create the laws of physics etc.

The book of Job is especially interesting especially if we know a bit about science. We read the bible today with the modern day knowledge of science therefore we do not always see the little scientific wonders the bible declares.

Remember the bible was written over a period of two thousand years, long before we had any modern scientific knowledge.

Job 38:16
Have you been to the springs in the depths of the sea? Have you walked on the floor of the ocean?

These underwater geysers have only recently been discovered by deep water submarines.

Job 38:33
Do you know the laws that govern the skies, and can you make them apply to the earth?

We are only starting to discover these laws with modern space exploration.

Here is the principle for evaporation and precipitation.

Every river flows into the sea, but the sea is not yet full. The water returns to where the rivers began, and starts all over again.

Scriptures that hint or indicate that our creator knew about his creation things that we are still finding out doesn't suprize me. After all He did create it all.
What I find more compelling and encouraging is that the prophicies of the future are being exposed. That we can see the coming of "the Mark", the for runners of the beast and dragon, the deteriation of morality and ever increasing presence of Satan and the anti christs and false profits.
What I find most encouraging is that this world is headed exactly in the direction that scripture boldly procaims it will. That speaks to me more than any other aspect as to the truth and reliability of scripture.
That in itself validates the truth of need of the salvation provided in Christ Jesus.

Sincerely His
Cliff

Job 36:27 For he maketh small the drops of water: they pour down rain according to the vapor thereof:
Job 36:28 Which the clouds do drop and distill upon man abundantly.

Scientists would not figure our for centuries that water vapor formed into rain.

Boanerges-I have a quick question about this. Was it Job himself saying these things? Because if I'm not miskaken, most of Job is thoughts of Job correct? How did Job know this, he was just a man?

Very interesting, though!!

I'm reading Dr. LaHaye's book now, Merciful God of Prophecy.

In it, he conducted an experiment. He gathered tabloids and newspapers with "prophecies" of the world's top psychics and he stashed those papers away for ten years. He didn't read them...he just stashed them.

(ten years down the road) he opened them up. Bigfoot would wander in a California mall. UFO aliens would declare war. A president would begin WWIII. None of the "prophecies" came true.

It's amazing, he says, because these "psychics" or false prophets had a big fat zero-percent accuracy. And the bible has already proven that we can expect a full 100% accuracy from the prophecies contained within.

Words from the very Mouth of God. Yeeesh, can you imagine if the president declared today that he knew something that was going to happen in the future? Every pair of eyes would tune in to hear what he had to say. It amazes me that people aren't so enthusiastic about prophecies from the very Mouth of God.

Anyway - that's what this made me think of this morning...thanks for listening!:)

Boanerges-I have a quick question about this. Was it Job himself saying these things? Because if I'm not miskaken, most of Job is thoughts of Job correct? How did Job know this, he was just a man?

Very interesting, though!!
Yes you are right-Job had an intimate realionship with God- did he have relvelation ? I may have to re-think that one but still the bible ( the Word of GOd) contained this truth centuries before science seemed to have figure this out. All scripture is God breathed and has definitie purpose according to His will.

Back