end times depression

I've never really liked this world nor have I ever felt like I fit in. When I became a born again Christian I realized even more how fallen this world is and who actually runs in. So, if we're really living in the end times, I'm completely fine with that - the end part. The problem is, I can't wait for it to be over and there is nothing in this earthly life that makes me happy anymore. I have no motivation to make plans. I'm about to graduate and am finishing my thesis. But I'm doing it mechanically and really don't care if I successfully defend it. I used to have big career plans that I can't be bothered about anymore. I used to want to get married, but now the idea of bringing children into this awful world terrifies me. I have no desire to be in any kind of relationship. All I can think about is what the mark of the beast will be and how it will be forced upon us and what the life for Christians will be like. It doesn't make any sense to make any kind of plans for future anymore. Am I going insane? All I do is pray for the unsaved and that's all I can think about. Have I taken it to the unnecessary extreme? Is there anyone else who can relate?

Is there anyone else who can relate?
You are not alone with the end time blues - knowing what is about to come upon the whole Earth, and the destruction of everything that we as
humans hold precious and dear will be burned away to ashes - is a heavy burden.
I don't make plans for the future nor worry at all about career goals and all that.

BUT, regardless of our end times blues, I am compelled to preach the gospel [Pentecost, these signs shall follow them that believe]
because this is by far the most important duty that I have - to serve my Lord and God.
I pray for my unbelieving children and other I know. I keep my testimony honest and true.
I attend our Church meetings (for communion) on Sundays, and on Tuesday nights.
And I can rejoice in the hope and promise of my salvation if I continue to walk in the Spirit and seek the righteousness of Jesus to
abide in me. But I despair knowing that not everybody wants to submit to the gospel and become a disciple of Jesus.
When I pick up my granddaughter from her junior primary school, and see all the other kids running around and also their mums there to
collect their children, I groan and am saddened because I know that a terrible fate is coming upon this entire planet.
And the unsaved, the un-Godly, the unbelieving, however you want to describe them, are totally oblivious to Bible prophecy and the
second coming of Jesus.

AS for my own natural life and desires I have learned to abandon all personal ambitions and materialism - it is already too late to worry
about future investments for material prosperity - invest in the Kingdom of God for the promise of much better dividends.

Mark:8:34-36
And when he had called the people unto him with his disciples also, he said unto them, Whosoever will come after me, let him deny himself,
and take up his cross, and follow me.
35 For whosoever will save his life shall lose it; but whosoever shall lose his life for my sake and the gospel's, the same shall save it.
36 For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?

Mathew 6:19-21
Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal:
20 But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal:
21 For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.

On the flip side of things this is (can be) the greatest time on earth for believers with knowing we will see (and should be a part of) the greatest move and works of God like no other time.

This can be a hard struggling time for a believer if they are not really digging in and walking according to God's written word.

A carnal minded Christian or another words one who is more in line in their thinking and actions as a worldly person will find this time very hard and full of struggles.

Remember God has each of us here in this day and age for a reason. So with knowing this we should be joyful and excited and having the attitude of yes sir what do you have for me to do today.
Blessings
FCJ

I kinda know how you feel....for one my parents still and nt saved despite my prayer... As well as my friends..

I feel the best people..the people I care most about will be harmed that most...including myself....

I'm trying to find a reason to have faith and continue to believe but... Idk..

On the flip side of things this is (can be) the greatest time on earth for believers with knowing we will see (and should be a part of) the greatest move and works of God like no other time.

This can be a hard struggling time for a believer if they are not really digging in and walking according to God's written word.

A carnal minded Christian or another words one who is more in line in their thinking and actions as a worldly person will find this time very hard and full of struggles.

Remember God has each of us here in this day and age for a reason. So with knowing this we should be joyful and excited and having the attitude of yes sir what do you have for me to do today.
Blessings
FCJ
What reason does he has us here for?

What reason does he has us here for?
For starters dear, God has created in you some desires and traits that no one else has and has plans to use them (you) for His Glory. He has a set apart plan for your life but it is up to us to draw near to Him and find out what His plan is for our lives.

Now the devil is always working to keep us from finding His plan for us and the devil is always working trying to keep us from growing and being molded in God's image and ways thus keeping us bound up in struggles of everyday life.

God knows us and who we can be if we line up with His word and knows we are the ones who can and should carry out His plan for this time.

His plan will be carried out and done how He has set it forth to be done but who gets used by Him is up to us. Another words God has more then one way of doing things and He will get things done.

The sad truth here is, we all will stand before Him one day and we will see how close we came to being who we should have been in Christ and how much of His plan for our life we actually found and did.

It is never too late to get on track so don't ever buy into the lie that you messed up and God can not use you.
Just go after God with all your heart and strength and make an effort to learn His ways of doing things and do them.

You are one of a kind pancakes and God has equipped you to fulfill things that only were meant for you to be and do. Now that's awesome.
Blessings
FCJ

I've never really liked this world nor have I ever felt like I fit in. When I became a born again Christian I realized even more how fallen this world is and who actually runs in. So, if we're really living in the end times, I'm completely fine with that - the end part. The problem is, I can't wait for it to be over and there is nothing in this earthly life that makes me happy anymore. I have no motivation to make plans. I'm about to graduate and am finishing my thesis. But I'm doing it mechanically and really don't care if I successfully defend it. I used to have big career plans that I can't be bothered about anymore. I used to want to get married, but now the idea of bringing children into this awful world terrifies me. I have no desire to be in any kind of relationship. All I can think about is what the mark of the beast will be and how it will be forced upon us and what the life for Christians will be like. It doesn't make any sense to make any kind of plans for future anymore. Am I going insane? All I do is pray for the unsaved and that's all I can think about. Have I taken it to the unnecessary extreme? Is there anyone else who can relate?

Just some things to think about...... God has placed within you some gifts or graces for this time in life. God has created you specifically for this time in the world. So that means you have a role to play if you so desire.

Grabbing ahold of sadness and depression is the devil's way of keeping you from accomplishing all that God has placed in you and all He has for you.

There is much work to be done for the kingdom, for Jesus is coming back for a victorious Bride. Which means that God's glory is going to be known mightily throughout the earth. And then when the tribulation is over we will return to be apart of a new earth that will be just like the garden of eden.

Believers will not be apart of the tribulation here on earth, so to worry about bringing children into a fallen world, thinking that they will die a horrible death..is just lies from the enemy. Things to trip you up and get you off the plan that God has for your life.

25 years ago someone asked me why if I believed in the rapture and end times would I bring children into the world? If I had believed that there was no use I would have missed the enjoyment of raising my kids.

We have no idea how long or short the time really is, and God wants us to be happy while we are here. Sooooo if we will choose to follow His ways of doing things, and His ways of operating in this world, then He will protect us and cause us to flourish even when all the wicked are not. We will thrive even if the unsaved are not. God promises to take care of His children in famine. And when the a lot of the world is suffering, the believers who are following God's ways and living by His principles will be prospering, and using that prosperity to promote or fund the gospel being preached and to give to those who are in need. To show the covenant to others that God has established.

So you see you have a very important reason to become successful in a career. God has placed that desire in you (and the desire for a husband and children) to accomplish what He has in store for you. No person is an island and trying to make it through this life alone is not easy. Even Jesus did not walk this earth alone. He had the disciples in His ministry and prior to He had His family and learning in the synagogues.

Praying for the unsaved is wonderful. But if you have no money to help the poor and downtrodden then how will your prayers help their physical needs? How will you encourage another brother or sister in Christ who is struggling, just with your prayers. It's great to intercede and petition God to reach out and supernaturally provide for someone, but what if part of God's plan is for you to sow into people's lives so that He can then turn around and bring more into your storehouses to further others. Those who have not yet received the revelation knowledge of how to prosper and bless others. We are all blessed to be a blessing.

You are doing a great job thinking of others, but now it's time to broaden your thoughts and knowledge in how God desires for you to minister to others.

God Bless you with an abundance of grace and peace

Not to put a hard tone on the point, but 18 times you used a form of "I". It seems your focus is on the wrong target. Here's what we're here for and only for:

2 Corinthians 5:18-21 (ESV2011)
All this is from God, who through Christ reconciled us to himself and gave us the ministry of reconciliation; that is, in Christ God was reconciling the world to himself, not counting their trespasses against them, and entrusting to us the message of reconciliation. Therefore, we are ambassadors for Christ, God making his appeal through us. We implore you on behalf of Christ, be reconciled to God. For our sake he made him to be sin who knew no sin, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God.​

Spread the word. Reconcile man with God through Jesus. That's our job now.

Have I taken it to the unnecessary extreme? Is there anyone else who can relate?

One theme in the new testament that I often feel missing from Western Christian culture is a sense of urgency about the gospel. But I think things are changing. The wider world is also feeling the collapse of things once thought secure. Economies, governments, philosophies and ideals all seem flimsier than ever before -- there is more insecurity, desperation and brokenness. But it's the broken, and not the proud, that God draws to Himself.

Palm 51:17 My sacrifice, O God, is a broken spirit; a broken and contrite heart you, God, will not despise.

Soren Kierkegaard argued that to arrive at a generation full of passion for life, we need a generation that can reach the edge of the void of meaninglessness (which he called "leveling"), and be judged by it. Only by that judgment can we appreciate the value of the time we have. I think it's fairly evident we are living in that time now.

Hence, "I tell you, now is the time of God’s favor, now is the day of salvation." 2 Cor 6:2

As for marriage, Paul effectively agrees with you (1 Cor 7:29-35), the main difference being a sense of urgency about doing God's work. It doesn't matter if you get married, it doesn't matter if you can defend your thesis or not. It only matters that "now is the day of salvation." There's not much time left so nothing matters? I think there's not much time left, so God is doing a great work to draw people to Himself -- it's our choice if we want to be part of that work or not.

I also want to thank you for the reminder of the need for urgency in doing God's work. I've gotten caught up in a new career lately, and it seems so important because of various pressures, but in perspective, it's really not. Nothing is worth neglecting God's kingdom over.

So, let's all work to support each other to re-frame that anxiety and misplaced priorities with the sense of urgency the new testament writers have when they talk about the time being short. The world has had the existential chill of its own mortality run up its spine, and, more than ever before, now is the time of God's favor, now is the day of salvation.

One theme in the new testament that I often feel missing from Western Christian culture is a sense of urgency about the gospel. But I think things are changing. The wider world is also feeling the collapse of things once thought secure. Economies, governments, philosophies and ideals all seem flimsier than ever before -- there is more insecurity, desperation and brokenness. But it's the broken, and not the proud, that God draws to Himself.

Palm 51:17 My sacrifice, O God, is a broken spirit; a broken and contrite heart you, God, will not despise.

Soren Kierkegaard argued that to arrive at a generation full of passion for life, we need a generation that can reach the edge of the void of meaninglessness (which he called "leveling"), and be judged by it. Only by that judgment can we appreciate the value of the time we have. I think it's fairly evident we are living in that time now.

Hence, "I tell you, now is the time of God’s favor, now is the day of salvation." 2 Cor 6:2

As for marriage, Paul effectively agrees with you (1 Cor 7:29-35), the main difference being a sense of urgency about doing God's work. It doesn't matter if you get married, it doesn't matter if you can defend your thesis or not. It only matters that "now is the day of salvation." There's not much time left so nothing matters? I think there's not much time left, so God is doing a great work to draw people to Himself -- it's our choice if we want to be part of that work or not.

I also want to thank you for the reminder of the need for urgency in doing God's work. I've gotten caught up in a new career lately, and it seems so important because of various pressures, but in perspective, it's really not. Nothing is worth neglecting God's kingdom over.

So, let's all work to support each other to re-frame that anxiety and misplaced priorities with the sense of urgency the new testament writers have when they talk about the time being short. The world has had the existential chill of its own mortality run up its spine, and, more than ever before, now is the time of God's favor, now is the day of salvation.
Nice to see you Roads !!!
Blessings and what a great read.
FCJ

God has not intended us to be unhappy in life, Its not a case of when the pastor was baptising you he should hold you under and make sure you got into heaven...hahahahah,
God's intention is for you to be fruitful and multiply,
to be healthy. Healthy to carry out his will,
and prosperous to bless others and promote the gospel.
and to be joyous and to fully LOVE to know Love and walk in Love for one another.
Yes the beast is coming, but what if God decides to delay it for another generation? will you still be waiting at 90 or 100 and so miss out on all the adventure of life?

psalms says......

Do not fret because of those who are evil

or be envious of those who do wrong;

2for like the grass they will soon wither,
like green plants they will soon die away.

3Trust in the Lord and do good;
dwell in the land and enjoy safe pasture.

4Take delight in the Lord,
and he will give you the desires of your heart.

5Commit your way to the Lord;
trust in him and he will do this:

6He will make your righteous reward shine like the dawn,

your vindication like the noonday sun.
7Be still before the Lord
and wait patiently for him;
do not fret when people succeed in their ways,
when they carry out their wicked schemes.
8Refrain from anger and turn from wrath;
do not fret—it leads only to evil.
9For those who are evil will be destroyed,
but those who hope in the Lord will inherit the land.

[...] The problem is, I can't wait for it to be over and there is nothing in this earthly life that makes me happy anymore. [...]

Same here.

I keep asking Our Lord Jesus to take me away from this mess as quickly as possible but I guess He has other plans for me. His will, not mine, be done.

I recently saw a video on YouTube, narrated by Jim Caviezel, in which Jesus explains why He is delaying the Rapture. I believe it's a genuine message, look it up.

Same here.

I keep asking Our Lord Jesus to take me away from this mess as quickly as possible but I guess He has other plans for me. His will, not mine, be done.

I recently saw a video on YouTube, narrated by Jim Caviezel, in which Jesus explains why He is delaying the Rapture. I believe it's a genuine message, look it up.

Delaying the rapture?
How could that ever be when God has a set time?

I don't know, maybe 'delaying' is not the right word then and He is just telling us to be patient.
Scripture tells us He is not slow in coming but rather patient and merciful so unto salvation may be received by many.

I too am so saddened by all this sin and perversion loose all around me However God showed me I Do Not have to be stained or Affected by all this, for His way is full of life and is flourishing and if I walk in His ways then I too can flourish and prosper dwelling in this land as I rise above all this mess.

Just keep my eyes on Him and listen and obey for obedience is always going to be the key.

Cast all my cares over on Him and walk in His ways and watch what my Lord God can and will do.
Blessings
FCJ

I don't know, maybe 'delaying' is not the right word then and He is just telling us to be patient.
Until Jesus can return, there are prophecies that need to be fulfilled. And Jesus needs to be seen by everyone as victorious like in the book of Revelation, not meek and defeated, like many saw Him or view Him from the gospels. God's power needs to be seen mightily in the earth as well. God desires for many more people to come to salvation, for He is not satisfied with letting so many perish without Him, even if they get in by the skin of their teeth :)

Blessings to you and grace and peace in abundance

I believe this was the video I mentioned:

It's not the version I first saw but I think it's the same message. Some bits are controversial (e.g. 'stop praying'), I'm not sure what to make of it.

Back