Enhancing The Lord's Prayer

Greetings:

Enhancing the Lord's Prayer

To do while walking along a body of water.
1) "Lead us not into temptation".Arm stretched out level,bend wrist where palm is facing inward.The sea represents
the multitude of non-believers.First psalm-blessed is the man who walks not in the counsel of the ungodly.

2)"Deliver us".Arm up at 45 degrees,palm up towards heaven.One is asking the Lord to draw us to virtue.

3) "From evil".Arm straight out as in first suggestion.Fingers pointing down.What's under the sea:sharks,crabs,and
other garbage feeders.

bye

Last edited:
Enhancing the Lord's Prayer

1) "Lead us not into temptation"

ahhh .. the old poor translation that implies God leads people into temptation and you can repent for others ..

Luk 11:4 ‘And forgive us our sins, For we ourselves also forgive everyone who is indebted to us. And lead us not into temptation.’”

Luk 11:4 kai aphiēmi egō egō hamartia gar autos kai aphiēmi pas opheilō sy kai eispherō egō mē eis peirasmos

eispherō does not mean "lead" and is used nowhere else in the NT as such .. it means "to bring with permission" or "allow" or "permit"

Luk 11:4 actually says ..
Luk 11:4 'And forgive ME MY sins, for HE also forgave all indebted (to) YOU. And ALLOW ME not into temptation.'"

ego = I, me, my etc ..
(ego ONLY refers to self)

sy = you

autos = he, her, his, her, himself, herself, themselves, itself, their .. etc ..

Last edited:
Greetings;

Lots of folks asked God for valuables,and ending up sinning with them,so if God gives them what they ask for,is he culpable?

I asked God for strength that I might achieve.
I was made weak that I might learn humbly to obey.
I asked for health that I might do greater things.
I was given infirmity that I might do better things.
I asked for riches that I might be happy.
I was given poverty that I might be wise.
I asked for power that I might have the praise of men.
I was given weakness that I might feel the need of God.
I asked for all things that I might enjoy life.
I was given life that I might enjoy all things.
I got nothing that I asked for, but everything I hoped for.
Almost despite myself, my unspoken prayers were answered.
I am, among all men, most richly blessed.

bye

I, myself, don't recite the Lords prayer because, 'In this manner, therefore, pray', is Messiah Jesus instruction. I pray like the Lords prayer, but using my own words, and I try not to be repetitive.

I start out acknowledging God, by Name, (YHWH, The Great I AM), and to the effect that His name is above all names and Holy.

I, myself, don't recite the Lords prayer because, 'In this manner, therefore, pray', is Messiah Jesus instruction. I pray like the Lords prayer, but using my own words, and I try not to be repetitive.

I start out acknowledging God, by Name, (YHWH, The Great I AM), and to the effect that His name is above all names and Holy.

that was what Jesus was saying .. pray from the heart, but if you have difficulty, you can recite the prayer as it as was given ..

repetition ..
KJV
Mat 6:7But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking.

remember not to cherry pick, you lose context ..
read both verses together and gain the correct context ..
A BIG CLUE IS THE VERSE BEGINS WITH "BUT" (de) THAT IT IS A COMPARISON ..

so Jesus doesn't say "NOT TO" .. he says if you think that it is pleasing to God to make a spectacle of prayer, you are wrong, as God prefers praying in private (one on one) ..

He says:
NASB
Mat 6:6 “But you, when you pray, go into your inner room, close your door and pray to your Father who is in secret, and your Father who sees what is done in secret will reward you.

ok .. so pray in private .. the next verse is meant as an OPPOSITE ..

CORRECT TRANSLATION
Mat 6:7 But pray neither babbling words, even as (the) Gentiles, because they think that hearing comes for their many words.

basically the same as the Pharisee who prays and beats his heart before all in public ..
gaining piousness through his many words ..
aka using God to feed your ego ..
and is what Jesus was saying was not pleasing to God ..
praying a rosary quietly is not what the verse is speaking about ..

FYI: scripture doesn't use the word NOT or NEVER ..
οὐ (G3756) expresses an absolute denial
nor does it use the words "vain repetitions" (that was added by translators not said by Jesus)..

what it says is: battalogeō
this comes from "battos" meaning to babble and "logos" meaning word ..
thus "babbling words" not "vain repetitions" ..

Last edited:
Back