Enjoying My Day Off

bobinfaith

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Dear brothers and sisters;

I take Monday's off after Sunday Worship Service. Tuesday through Sunday I do my church work but have found myself still working on Mondays these last several weeks. Not good.

Yesterday after service I really felt the Lord was pressing on my heart to go home and pull the plug from everything. So I had a light lunch with my wife and then took a great two hour nap!

Monday morning I decided to just ENJOY my day off but I wanted to include ENJOYING keeping it Holy, worshipful, resting and reflecting on the Lord. I enjoy that!

In Genesis 2:2-3,
2 And on the seventh day God finished his work that he had done, and he rested on the seventh day from all his work that he had done. 3 So God blessed the seventh day and made it holy, because on it God rested from all his work that he had done in creation.

God instructed Moses to teach the 4th commandment in Exodus 20:8, Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy.

God made that day for us and He knows what He's talking about. He wants us to take unhurried time to rest and worship all He has done. It's enough that the world is very fast paced in these times but to demonstrate how important God is to us is a blessing.

I find that remembering how important God is on my day off actually helps me to remember Him the next week, every moment, every day, because I am rested. My mind is clear.

To rest that one day is wonderful. Its
beneficial to our spirits getting refreshed before we take on the next week with our family responsibilities, ministries and labor.

God also pressed upon my heart. On that day of rest, do something FUN! Invite Jesus when we take our dog with us and go fishing. Ride your horse. Go to a ballgame. Go to the park. Read a good book. Sit at the beach or lake and ponder on all His creation.

At times we may get too caught up with busyness but God is so good and will help draw us back and embrace us when we need that one day of rest.

God bless you all!

Back