Enlarge And Stretch

Might be best not to say a thing as answer not a fool according to his folly is the scripture above.

Jesus answered the Pharisee's, when they accused him of saying they are blinded and they said we see, then Jesus said, since you say you see, then your sins remain.

It is a good thing to study out as we are to minster grace to the hearers. Problem is we are told not everyone has ears to hear.

We are told to be in season and out of season. A Word in Season is a Word that someone is ready to receive. A Word out of season would just be encouragement though they are not ready to hear the answer and take action.

Whatever the case, it don't matter what we say if the person is not in a place to receive it.

You Might ask the Mods to delete everything not related to your OP as not to contaminate your work and efforts.
That would be starting at my post under yours and down.

If you see another lesson here though that is also important then just be led.

Blessings.

Actually, I believe our discussion here fits perfectly with the OP as the OP was on the subject of the gospel of our salvation and how we should respond to being hated, rejected, despised, et al, and how we should not let that hinder our witness or our testimony for Jesus Christ, but how we should enlarge our tents and not give in to fear of humankind, but that we should stand firm in our faith and continue to spread the gospel of salvation so that many will be saved. So, this situation here has actually provided us with a real life situation from which we can learn how best to respond when we are treated that way, or when our faith is being challenged. So, this is good, I believe.

The thing is, that person posted something that was pretty lame only, but it was the info he posted in his profile that said it all for me.
the person is sick but I don't believe he wants help. Furthermore it is rude in the extreme to come to a forum of any flavor having a different perspective and then preceding to ridicule those for whom that forum exists.
Furthermore, in this case, the person was not up for help. If he had said "I'm not one of you, but I have this problem.......can anyone help me out here?" Then Sue, as you say he might be able to receive help, but not the way he came here.
The Holy Spirit has gifted some of us with discernment and others should be slow to criticize the exercise of those gifts. When there is ill advised judgment amongst us we do more harm to the gospel than the act that occasions judgment don't you think?

Calvin, I do not understand your last two sentences, in particular I am not sure how you are applying specifically what you are saying here. So, if you would not mind, would you be a little more specific as to your meaning?

The Holy Spirit has gifted some of us with discernment and others should be slow to criticize the exercise of those gifts. When there is ill advised judgment amongst us we do more harm to the gospel than the act that occasions judgment don't you think?

I have learned to speak Calvin somewhat after having conversations with him.

There are plain believers that go to church, love the Lord, but never learn the power of God, or the fact we need to be led in everything by the Holy Spirit.

When I was a baby, did not have the power of God on my life to help much, I had it in my mind that we just keep reaching and preaching to someone who is lost and in darkness.

I spent a whole lot of time accomplishing nothing. People say... ya, but you planted seed and seed can spring up. I believed that, but I was ignoring other scripture and so where the ones that believed that.

Lots of seed falls on stoney ground and the birds come and take it. That seed never takes root, but makes a good meal for a bird. (Satan)

As I hear God now, I know right away if I share precious things with someone in darkness. I "Spiritually discern" not to be confused with the Gift of Spiritual discernment which is actually seeing in the realm of the spirit things we can't see, but a light form of it.

This guy would have been a major waste of time, and was evil. He needed to go A.S.A.P

The Ill Advised Judgment amongst us:
is ill advised judgment amongst us we do more harm to the gospel than the act that occasions judgment don't you think?

This part comes in when we have other believers involved who don't hear God all that much judging us that do.

Example a couple that went to our church told us God was sending them 5 states over to join a bad church. My wife picked up right away they were about to leave the plan of God for their life and head toward a lot of hurt and Pain God never intended for them.

However, this couple was looking at natural things and not being Spirit led, so they thought on it so much, it had to be God........ Big NO...... Not God.

The Lord told me they were entering into disobedience and much sorrow will come for leaving their place.

Do I go warn the people? NOPE

God never told me to warn them, and they never asked for my opinion. I just listened to what they said, and smiled.

At church another man came up to me that I talk to like once a month to just wave or say hi. He asked me if I knew about the couple who were leaving for this other Church. I told him yep.

He then said, " So, what do you think about that?"

Right away I knew this guy had heard the Lord about the same thing. This couple was heading in a bad place with their kids. This guy was testing to see if I also hear God.

I said, "I hope they have a safe trip"

he said, "is that all?" and I said yep.

He left thinking I don't hear God, but I don't care. He was hoping to rally some people that heard God and go talk to the couple and help them before they left. I knew what he was doing, but God never told me to talk to the couple.

Wife and I the same thing. She will say, should we go talk to them, and I will say, NOPE. Won't do a bit of good.

So, we don't judge others who do hear the Holy Spirit, or judge their answers to some.

blessings.

I'm unclear what you are saying here Michael? If God tells me that someone is taking a left turn off the way, I say something, preferably gently - such as pray about that move because I dunno if I just don't want to miss you but I get a bad feeling from that. If you think God is saying it turns out bad but that's the only way they are gonna learn that particular lesson - I would still encourage them to pray about it. And welcome them back without the "I told you so"s. If you accept Christ, we all have the Holy Spirit - it's when we don't listen that problems arise. There is no your Holy Spirit, their Holy Spirit. Maybe these people are meant to enlighten the "bad" church. I agree that there should be no judging about how people's Holy Spirit leads them. Unless, like you say, it is not the Holy Spirit but something else.

As for showing the non-believer - the best way it is to actually be Christians who act lovingly to all. I don't see it as a waste of my time because talking about God is one of my favoritest things to do. Maybe they should have a bumper sticker - Love a non-christian 'til they can't stand it anymore :D (OK not as funny as I thought) But love can move moutains.

I'm unclear what you are saying here Michael? If God tells me that someone is taking a left turn off the way, I say something, preferably gently - such as pray about that move because I dunno if I just don't want to miss you but I get a bad feeling from that. If you think God is saying it turns out bad but that's the only way they are gonna learn that particular lesson - I would still encourage them to pray about it. And welcome them back without the "I told you so"s. If you accept Christ, we all have the Holy Spirit - it's when we don't listen that problems arise. There is no your Holy Spirit, their Holy Spirit. Maybe these people are meant to enlighten the "bad" church. I agree that there should be no judging about how people's Holy Spirit leads them. Unless, like you say, it is not the Holy Spirit but something else.

As for showing the non-believer - the best way it is to actually be Christians who act lovingly to all. I don't see it as a waste of my time because talking about God is one of my favoritest things to do. Maybe they should have a bumper sticker - Love a non-christian 'til they can't stand it anymore :D (OK not as funny as I thought) But love can move moutains.

I had an explination but 3 of my post I posted just did not show up.

Certainly do not want to type it all out again. Also strange is that I got an alert on your post again though you did not type anything new.

My draft save also is not showing up, though it should if my other post did not actually post.

to keep it short. Unless directed by the Holy Spirit, I have learned not to say anything. I don't know the persons heart unless I am told.

Knowing exactly what to say is key, and that is where God comes in. This Jesus loves you and bla, bla, bla is not a personal message from the Holy Spirit to that other person.

If people come to hear you speak, they come to recieve something, but complete strangers we need to hear from God.

Like Jesus with the women at the well. He knew exactly what to say to her, for He said that is true, you had five husbands and the one your with now is not your Husband.

The women caught in adultery, He just kept drawing in the sand until he heard from His Father. Then He stood up and said, "Let him that has no sin, cast the first stone." Then he went back to drawing in the sand again.

We need to have the right words, at the right time and God knows who will receive and how to reach someone.

Last night (early this morning) I prayed through this whole situation here concerning the initial responses from "FoolishSheep" and our subsequent conversations. I realized in the process of our conversations here that I had failed to inquire of the Lord as to how to respond to "FoolishSheep," and that was wrong of me. So, I apologize. The results may have been the same, but still I should have asked the Lord what to do, but I didn't. So, in my prayer time with him in the night I confessed that to him, and I asked him if he wanted to speak to me now on this subject. I asked him what I should have done, i.e. if I had inquired of him, what would he have told me then. I read Isaiah 55. These words spoke to my heart:

“For my thoughts are not your thoughts,
neither are your ways my ways,”
declares the Lord.
“As the heavens are higher than the earth,
so are my ways higher than your ways
and my thoughts than your thoughts.
As the rain and the snow
come down from heaven,
and do not return to it
without watering the earth
and making it bud and flourish,
so that it yields seed for the sower and bread for the eater,
so is my word that goes out from my mouth:
It will not return to me empty,
but will accomplish what I desire
and achieve the purpose for which I sent it.

These words greatly encouraged my heart. I don't know what God was/is doing here, but he does. I was concerned over thoughts about how I should have responded differently to the insults of "FoolishSheep" against God and his word, but what God is saying to me is that my human thinking is not the same as his thinking. In other words, he was letting me know he is absolutely in control of the situation and that he has purposes for all of this that I may never see or understand in this life. I don't know all the ways in which God may be using this situation and our conversations to accomplish his purposes.

"FoolishSheep" was here only a short time, but if he/she read the word of God published here (referring to Isaiah 53-54), then that word will not return empty. God will use it to accomplish his purposes no matter what. Amen! My job is just to put it out here. I must trust God to use it as he sees fit in people's lives, and even to use our conversations for his purposes, as well. For myself, I was reminded that I need to inquire of my God when presented with such opposition, and not to rely upon human reasoning or understanding. Hopefully these conversations have been beneficial to others, as well. Yet, what I do know is that God is encouraging my heart here that he has it under control and that his purposes will be accomplished through it, and so I rest in him.

I agree that we cannot hope to comprehend the fullness and depth of God's wondrous design/tapestry. But when we talk of God - these conversations - help us to learn and keep focus on the love of God. We would not be talking on this thread without Foolish having said his foolish things. (and he/she can still read posts, even if banned.) The wonder is that everyone gets to learn something, not just Foolish.

If you believe that was the correct answer for you Sue, then amen.

I might add that reading the one post with all the curse words and many misspellings we might have been dealing with a young teenager. I have not know those that don't believe in God to be college age to behave like that and have such awful sentence structure with so many spelling mistakes.

If they were that young they might need more of a authority mom or father approach.

Also as Calvin said, there is no right answer from any one of us.

An ear has a different function than an eye. An ear is going to be instructed to do things a bit different. An eye is going to be instructed to do things a bit different.

We have to understand that when we examine one another, we each have a part and can't expect everyone to act like us if we are an ear. I can't expect eyes to act like me, being an ear. God has different gifts, and put in each of use different things.

We all are at different levels of revelation, need to add that in the mix.

People put down Joel Osteen, but he is doing his part. People need to be encouraged and told God loves them.

Others need to mature and hear something different, God has provisions for them.

If you want to tell me about your bad day and how horrible things are, I am going to tell you to believe there is a God and come back once you got that figured out. I am not the one to talk to. I normally send them off to my wife as she will listen to the crying.

If your ready to believe God and get in faith, unmoving then come talk to me. I am a good one to talk to.

We all have a part, we need to get in that part and be the best part possible according to the ability given us.

Blessings.

I agree that we cannot hope to comprehend the fullness and depth of God's wondrous design/tapestry. But when we talk of God - these conversations - help us to learn and keep focus on the love of God. We would not be talking on this thread without Foolish having said his foolish things. (and he/she can still read posts, even if banned.) The wonder is that everyone gets to learn something, not just Foolish.

Absolutely! That was certainly intended in what I shared. I learned something, which I shared with you. And, yes, I considered the same thoughts with regard to Foolish, as these posts are available for the public to read, I would imagine. Thank you for sharing these thoughts.

The so called anonymity of the internet has emboldened many to say nasty, harsh, offensive and obscene things to people. There is a lot of rage and anger and self righteousness that comes thru in this medium behind screens that do not reflect that what we are saying in type can be very hurtful and bullying to very real people. Like Michael and Calvin have stated, it can seem a huge waste of time trying to deal with some who are typing merely to shock and get off on their brand of nastiness. They stereotype the "religious" and one begins to wonder - in the times we are in and the darkness' walls that are getting so thin - if the din of egos battling for attention - how any good message can get out?

If you believe that was the correct answer for you Sue, then amen.

I might add that reading the one post with all the curse words and many misspellings we might have been dealing with a young teenager. I have not know those that don't believe in God to be college age to behave like that and have such awful sentence structure with so many spelling mistakes.

If they were that young they might need more of a authority mom or father approach.

Also as Calvin said, there is no right answer from any one of us.

An ear has a different function than an eye. An ear is going to be instructed to do things a bit different. An eye is going to be instructed to do things a bit different.

We have to understand that when we examine one another, we each have a part and can't expect everyone to act like us if we are an ear. I can't expect eyes to act like me, being an ear. God has different gifts, and put in each of use different things.

We all are at different levels of revelation, need to add that in the mix.

People put down Joel Osteen, but he is doing his part. People need to be encouraged and told God loves them.

Others need to mature and hear something different, God has provisions for them.

If you want to tell me about your bad day and how horrible things are, I am going to tell you to believe there is a God and come back once you got that figured out. I am not the one to talk to. I normally send them off to my wife as she will listen to the crying.

If your ready to believe God and get in faith, unmoving then come talk to me. I am a good one to talk to.

We all have a part, we need to get in that part and be the best part possible according to the ability given us.

Blessings.

Michael, I am not sure where you are headed with this, but let me respond to what I do understand. It is true that the body of Christ is made up of various parts and we do not all have the same function. For instance, I believe God called me 10 years ago (this summer) to write down what he teaches me from his word each day and to give those writings to "a runner" and that the runner would run with it. Two years later I came to understand that in all practicality in my life as a call to place my quiet times with God each day on the internet (the runner) and that God would take the writings where he wanted them to go. So, that is what I do each day. This is my job. It pays in heavenly rewards. And The Lord supplies all that is needed. Nonetheless, I don't expect that every follower of Christ should have the same assignment or the same giftings. We need all the parts of the body to function properly. I need all of you. I know that. We are not all the same.

Now, with that said, let me also say this. The Spirit assigns the various parts of the body as he determines and he gifts us also as he determines, which means we are to operate in the Spirit and not in the flesh, which also means that what we do should also be in line with the word of God (of truth). Not one of us is perfect. We are clay vessels in the potter's hands and he is daily molding us and making us into the people of God he wants us to be, which is one of the reasons we also need each other. We are all given the responsibility of exhorting, encouraging, instructing, edifying, and building up one another in the faith, speaking the truth in love so that we can all grow up in Christ who is our head. So, we can help each other in these areas, such as Silk helped me to realize I had not inquired of God concerning "FoolishSheep." So, we should be open to listening to the wise counsel of others provided the counsel is not contrary to the teachings of scripture, but we should always take what is said to The Lord in prayer to see what The Lord says about it. So, yes we are all different, but we can learn from each other if we are willing.

One last thing here, though. Not everyone who says "Lord, Lord" is truly a disciple of Jesus Christ and not everyone who claims to be a minister of the gospel is a true minister of the true gospel so we must be very discerning here and we should test what teachers of the word say against the word of truth, for many false shepherds have gone out into the world and many of them are deceiving God's sheep and/or are leading others to a false hope. So not everyone of them is doing their part in the body of Christ because some of them are not truly part of his body and/or they are walking in the flesh and not in the Spirit and thus they are not fulfilling the role God has assigned them within his body but rather they have molded their own spot out of their own flesh. You can tell who these are through spiritual discernment and through examining what they teach against the word of truth. It is not enough to tell people that God loves them. We must tell them the truth of what that love did for us and what it truly means to have faith in Jesus Christ, for when they know (experientially) the truth, it will set them free!

The so called anonymity of the internet has emboldened many to say nasty, harsh, offensive and obscene things to people. There is a lot of rage and anger and self righteousness that comes thru in this medium behind screens that do not reflect that what we are saying in type can be very hurtful and bullying to very real people. Like Michael and Calvin have stated, it can seem a huge waste of time trying to deal with some who are typing merely to shock and get off on their brand of nastiness. They stereotype the "religious" and one begins to wonder - in the times we are in and the darkness' walls that are getting so thin - if the din of egos battling for attention - how any good message can get out?

God can get out the messages he wants to get out. He can cut through any barriers and remove all obstacles, because he is God.

As for me, I do not hide behind anonymity. I am who I say I am. You can Google my name and find me in various places. I do also go by Christsfreeservant, but sign my true name, and where I can, I will include a picture of myself either in my profile or in a signature or something. I am not sure if there is a picture of me on here or not, but there is on the link I provide to the songs God gives me to write. I have no agenda here but to obey my Lord in filling the part of the body he has assigned to me. So, this is me.

I wasn't referring to you, Sue, in post#31, as having a personal agenda or anonymity. Google christian and literally you get millions of hits. There is a lot of din on any subject you care to name. Some telling truth, some not so much. Some not at all. I have said before, I find your messages, mostly solid - I don't always agree - but that happens. To get a message out, sometimes you have to do a little more - wander around- answer questions - learn. I am not trying to offend you by saying this: But because of Foolish - more people read your original message than have ever viewed you before, at least to my recollection.

I wasn't referring to you, Sue, in post#31, as having a personal agenda or anonymity. Google christian and literally you get millions of hits. There is a lot of din on any subject you care to name. Some telling truth, some not so much. Some not at all. I have said before, I find your messages, mostly solid - I don't always agree - but that happens. To get a message out, sometimes you have to do a little more - wander around- answer questions - learn. I am not trying to offend you by saying this: But because of Foolish - more people read your original message than have ever viewed you before, at least to my recollection.
Thank you. Praise Jesus! Glory to God!

Rofl (rolling on floor laughing) Yes!! Praise God. He does work in mysterious, unexpected ways.

spiritual discernment and through examining what they teach against the word of truth. It is not enough to tell people that God loves them. We must tell them the truth of what that love did for us and what it truly means to have faith in Jesus Christ, for when they know (experientially) the truth, it will set them free!

I understand what your saying. I have learned though, as Jesus told his disciples, those that are not against us are for us on our part.

And John answered him, saying, Master, we saw one casting out devils in thy name, and he followeth not us: and we forbad him, because he followeth not us. But Jesus said, Forbid him not: for there is no man which shall do a miracle in my name, that can lightly speak evil of me. For he that is not against us is on our part.
(Mar 9:38-40)

He follows not us. Is those following something else speaking evil of Jesus?
Does my not agreeing with what they teach, make them not a minister for the Lord? What do I know?

I do my best to stick with scripture only. No scripture, no go for me. However, I fully understand I have crummy doctrine of men still in my somewhere. I only know in part.

One thing we are told by James is not to be many teachers. More than once I'll send someone to hear somebody else or talk to somebody else. I don't have a patch all teaching ability, and not everyone needs to hear me.

Talking about Joel Osteen, I can say that man has the most gentle spirit I have seen. He won't say a bad thing about anyone. My Pastor knew his father. He is doing what he is suppose to do. No man gets blessed by disobedience. His message is simple for those that need the love of God.

We know them by their fruit, not doctrine. Joel says some Word of faith things that could be worded a whole lot better. However, we all could word things to be more accurate, not just Joel.

Joel preaches prosperity, and people get upset but there is nothing in the Word that is not designed to prosper us. God gave Abraham why to much. Guess God did not notice it was spilling out everywhere. We are blessed with the same blessing that was on Abraham.

Now take a man like Benny Hinn. I have nothing against his Doctrine, though I don't listen to him. I am glad he has money, praise God I'll rejoice with him.

What I don't like and I believe we have a right to question is when Benny says one thing but does something else. We know them by their fruit. He had the nerve to preach against Joel Osteen for his Larry King interview, even saying He would punch Joel in the face.

Seriously Benny? All the fun people make of you, and you go and say that about someone else?

When the Lord gave me the Pastor Position of a small church for Sunday Morning, I made notes, studied but never ended up using them. My people were drunks, broken marriages and just a mess. I always preached the Love of God. I wanted to get into some other things, but could not. One week you think someone is fine, the next they have a brand new set of issues from some odd reason. One girl had to be picked up for church because she was afraid of squirrels. How the heck are you afraid of Squirrels? They look at me she said and show their teeth.

Sue, we can't be everything to everyone. We are not going to agree with everyone, and we don't have the revelation that everyone has.

Reading Brother Copelands book about the blessing he said something that made me think. Where is that scripture? He just quoted an arminsim belief. Something he assumes to be true, without questioning it. One of my own church people teaching healing school made a comment...... Jesus, the second person in the Godhead. Where is that scripture?

We all know in Part Sue, Paul knew in Part. The best we can do is compare scriptures, and try to understand where the other person is coming from.

Back