Ephesians 2:1-10

Ephesians 2:1-10

And you were dead in the trespasses and sins 2 in which you once walked, following the course of this world, following the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that is now at work in the sons of disobedience— 3 among whom we all once lived in the passions of our flesh, carrying out the desires of the body and the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, like the rest of mankind. 4 But God, being rich in mercy, because of the great love with which he loved us, 5 even when we were dead in our trespasses, made us alive together with Christ—by grace you have been saved— 6 and raised us up with him and seated us with him in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus, 7 so that in the coming ages he might show the immeasurable riches of his grace in kindness toward us in Christ Jesus. 8 For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, 9 not a result of works, so that no one may boast. 10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them.

Questions to Consider

1. What do we learn about our lives apart from Christ?
  2. What motivated God to intervene in our broken situation?
  3. What do we learn from verse 10 about our lives in Christ?

Q1:
We follow the way of the world and even the way of Satan, indulging in the desires of our body and minds. Although we think we’re living, we’re really “dead” in our lives of sin.

Q2:God was motivated by his own nature – being full of grace and mercy – along with his immense love for each of us.

Chris...how come you did not follow through to verse 13 (maybe even 14) which is Paul's conclusion regarding these things he discussed? Just curious as I know the Reformed intentionally avoid the whole to emphasize from the part...

Verse 13 says "In whom you also trusted, after you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that you believed and were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise"

Please exegete Paul's conclusion here...or else ignore and go on...

1. What do we learn about our lives apart from Christ?
It is to be most pitied for without Him we are all dead in our sins and worthy of condemnation
  1. What motivated God to intervene in our broken situation?
His great love for us
  1. What do we learn from verse 10 about our lives in Christ?
The if we are genuinely born (sealed with the Spirit of God) because we believe as the scriptures have said to believe then there will be a gushing forth of that Spirit through us to a lost and dying world...we will share His love and His word and of a heart circumcised by Him will serve His cause in their life (could be counselling, comforting, giving, bearing up their yoke, and more)

Thats what I get

I apologize for my last post...my head was in a totally different place (Ephesians 1) which I just got finished studying...DUH! I must be a stupid as I feel right now...if you can, please forgive me Chris...

Back