esias

I don't see the problem. :confused:

Isaiah 61:1-2

"1The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon me; because the LORD hath anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek; he hath sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound; 2To proclaim the acceptable year of the LORD, and the day of vengeance of our God; to comfort all that mourn;"

Luke 4:18-19
"18The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised,
19To preach the acceptable year of the Lord."

I see Jesus taking prophetic liberty with this scripture...maybe the difference means more than what the exact quoting would...highlighted above are the similarities. I see more "action" verbs in Jesus' quote of Isaiah 61:1-2. The word gospel is used...a word that perhaps Jesus himself coined (?), means good news. I believe that he was prophesying the works that He would do in a more specific way.

from Luke 4:18-19
words that are different from Isaiah:
the gospel, heal, to preach deliverance, recovering of sight to the blind,
to set at liberty them that are bruised,To preach [/quote]

Good catch SC...will look at it more later...have a great day.

Back