Eternal Life? Eternal Condemnation?

Hello to you, and welcome.

What is Eternal Life? You may ask, considering it is an option that God proposes unto us from His Son whom is the Son of God namely Jesus Christ.

Today it has been explained in the understanding that Eternal Life is with God that you have in relationship with your walk with God, for God is Eternal and you are focusing your Life on the Father in Heaven, and the Lord Jesus Christ.

Is this the proper way to understand Eternal Life? - To me is very profound from what my teacher has suggested this is what it is, (even though people will go on to live eternally, and all will be resurrected, some to condemnation, and some to eternal life,) what do you think about or believe it to be?

What would be Eternal Condemnation?

My own understanding is that there is an outside of kingdom of heaven where people who are raised and given a spiritual body by God, go here, in the (Dark park outside the kingdom.) Where Believers will go inside of the Kingdom of Heaven (where God, and the Lord Jesus is), where there is light coming from with inside. (Revelation 22)

Would Eternal Condemnation be, that of God still being Eternal, but living a life without him in rejection towards his promises, or even if someone does not know Jesus or God, they still do not look towards a Higher Being which would be God of course for all is invisible quality has been made known to all people? (Romans 1:20)

If I placed this in the wrong forum will you please move it to the proper forum please, my apologies.

Good Day, MatthewG - After reviewing your opening post in this thread, we will leave it where it is. Your basic topic does not violate the "Topics which may not be discussed" # 1 (OSAS), however we caution that any posts by members that go off topic in that direction will not be allowed.

Regarding your mention of two different places in Heaven; that is fully scriptural and found in the Book of Luke, Chapter 16 verses 20 to 31 in the Parable of 'Lazarus and the Rich Man' . As we know, Luke was a trained Medical Doctor and wrote his Books in very technical language. In Luke 16:26 (KJV) we read the following:

Luke 16:26 (KJV), "26 And beside all this, between us and you there is a great gulf fixed: so that they which would pass from hence to you cannot; neither can they pass to us, that would come from thence."

Note the word 'gulf'. A 'gulf' is a separation between two areas. But let's also look at the same verse as found in the (NLT) version bible written in modern English and with better understanding.

Luke 16:26 (NLT), "26 And besides, there is a great chasm separating us. No one can cross over to you from here, and no one can cross over to us from there.’ "

The word 'chasm' in the (NLT) version is the modern English description for the same 'separation' in Heaven.

Please read all of Luke 16:20 to 31 in the (NLT) version bible for concept clarity.

This thread may continue with the understanding that OSAS will not be discussed as a sub topic in this thread.

Thank your post MT.

Those scripture you are reference do explain a great Chasm. Do not disagree with that at all, however this is also before the death, and resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ. Looking at the ending chapter, of the Revelation, in this photo is how it is imagined to me.

Though people can dwell in the darkness as long as they desire, and reject God forever. Sometimes thoughts of doing something for God even after this life, (some believe we wont be doing anything but worshiping and praising God forever, and floating in clouds, and things of that nature, even real mansions.) Maybe being able to go out in the darkness and help those who lost, and who are rejecting God. (Doing some work for God, something anything is possible with God.)

Also we will have spiritual bodies (Not real mansions in my belief) given by God, for both judgements. The mansions are our inhabitance of our own body given by God. Some will not be as well equipped to dwell in with Gods light, while some will be equipped to dwell in Gods presence.

Of course this topic is about Eternal life, and Eternal condemnation.

Adding to your comment in the fact of Jesus Christ death, and resurrection. With Revelation 22, this is what is envisioned.

0.jpg

Last edited:
Trying to stay within the restraints I'll keep it basic.
God is the only source of life.
The believer is a partakers of that eternal life.
All other life forms are on lease.
The lost are eternally separated but they do not have eternal life...
In a nut shell - everything that had a beginning will at some point have an ending.

What is Eternal Life? You may ask, considering it is an option that God proposes unto us from His Son whom is the Son of God namely Jesus Christ.

Today it has been explained in the understanding that Eternal Life is with God that you have in relationship with your walk with God, for God is Eternal and you are focusing your Life on the Father in Heaven, and the Lord Jesus Christ.

Is this the proper way to understand Eternal Life? - To me is very profound from what my teacher has suggested this is what it is, (even though people will go on to live eternally, and all will be resurrected, some to condemnation, and some to eternal life,) what do you think about or believe it to be?

My own understanding is that there is an outside of kingdom of heaven where people who are raised and given a spiritual body by God, go here, in the (Dark park outside the kingdom.) Where Believers will go inside of the Kingdom of Heaven (where God, and the Lord Jesus is), where there is light coming from with inside. (Revelation 22)

Would Eternal Condemnation be, that of God still being Eternal, but living a life without him in rejection towards his promises, or even if someone does not know Jesus or God, they still do not look towards a Higher Being which would be God of course for all is invisible quality has been made known to all people? (Romans 1:20)

If I placed this in the wrong forum will you please move it to the proper forum please, my apologies.
Eternal life is what the saved have right now, as have their new natures and the indwelling Holy Spirit, while those who are lost and not saved will live forever, but apart from God and not connected to him.

yet so many, even the redeemed, try to assist Him to save us!
Yeah, we are easily deceived into believing we can do
something to assist Him or make Him proud of us.
We are dirty little creatures that needed a Savior. If we
could do it then why aren't we the savior?

Jesus doesn't need my help.

Welcome my brother. We are blessed to have you and I do hope that you will stay for awhile!

I agree with your comment!

I read Revelation 22 and what struck me is that it talks about the holy city, the new Jerusalem.

Those who have eternal life have the right to enter into the city and have the right to the tree of life, and may enter also it says who are thirst they will take the water of life freely.

Those there are those that don't have that. Dogs, sorcerers, whoremongers, murderers, idolators. So I kinda think those people who don't want to live and take life from others, will not have life since they don't want it anyway. Those people won't be allowed to enter the city.

Those that do want life, and are thirsty for it, will.

Its kinda cool that we have the choice, and our own actions show our choices...I guess hard to explain its like say, if you want to read you'll have the right to borrow free books from the library forever. If you not interested, and hate books and reading then you can't enter the library and aren't allowed to have any, as you'd probably end up destroying them anyway!

Yes you are right, Lanolin, it is interesting!

Thank you for your comment, Major.

Thank you for your Comment, Yeshuafan.

Now that I have thought about what is Eternal life......I can say ----I DO NOT KNOW!

I and you and all of us have "Finite" minds. We operate on time schedules and appointments.

The one thing I do know for sure is that I and YOU and everyone else has an appointment with death.

After that comes the Judgment.

Since I have believed upon Christ as the God-Man who as the Messiah, died to cleanse me of ALL sin so that on the day I die and stand before Him as God.... He will say to me...........
"Good job, my faithful Son. Come now with Me to see the home I have prepared for you in My heaven so that you may continue your life."

Back