Ever had a bad day? You are not alone, God has low moments too

Sin Hurts God’s Feelings: News And Sports At 11
Many think of God as not having emotions, or only having emotions that are happy, but that is not the case, as the Bible is clear God has a surprisingly diverse range of feelings, and not all of them are related to sunshine or rainbow sparkles

For example, let us look at the story of Noah, as God was so saddened over mankind’s abundant sin, it led him to a place of outright pain and regret for having created us

Genesis 6:5-8
The Lord saw how great man’s wickedness on the earth had become, and that every inclination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil all the time. The Lord was grieved that he had made man on the earth, and his heart was filled with pain. So the Lord said, “I will wipe mankind, whom I have created, from the face of the earth—men and animals, and creatures that move along the ground, and birds of the air—for I am grieved that I have made them.” But Noah found favor in the eyes of the Lord

In Hebrew, the word “grieved” means “regretful”, while the word “pain” means “to be pained, hurt”, so we see God was regretful, and filled with pain over having created mankind

To even partially understand how God was feeling at the time, look at the verses below that say God does not delight in the death of anyone, and that he wants everyone to repent so they may live:

Ezekiel 18:32http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Ezekiel+18:32&version=NIV1984
For I take no pleasure in the death of anyone, declares the Sovereign Lord. Repent and live!

2 Peter 3:9http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=2 Peter+3:9&version=NIV1984
The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance

In order for God to be so upset he would end the lives of almost everyone on earth, thus removing their chance to repent, we know he must have been in an incredibly sad, and unhappy place

But why was he so upset over man’s sin in the first place?

http://www.godandstuff.com/?p=9279 (<--- the rest link inside)

God has emotions. And He cares for us deeply. Never stopping to love us. As despite being perfect and sinless. When we hurt, He hurts. When we have a bad day, He comforts us the best He knows how.

He loves the sinner despite not liking the sin.

We are created in the image of God.. Bible clearly mentions at many places the different reactions of God.. Grief, happiness, anger and so on..

We should not be surprised when find out the Lord has emotions like us. God is not like us, we are like him. The fruit of the Spirit all comes from him, and dwells in us.

Sin Hurts God’s Feelings: News And Sports At 11
Many think of God as not having emotions, or only having emotions that are happy, but that is not the case, as the Bible is clear God has a surprisingly diverse range of feelings, and not all of them are related to sunshine or rainbow sparkles

For example, let us look at the story of Noah, as God was so saddened over mankind’s abundant sin, it led him to a place of outright pain and regret for having created us

Genesis 6:5-8
The Lord saw how great man’s wickedness on the earth had become, and that every inclination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil all the time. The Lord was grieved that he had made man on the earth, and his heart was filled with pain. So the Lord said, “I will wipe mankind, whom I have created, from the face of the earth—men and animals, and creatures that move along the ground, and birds of the air—for I am grieved that I have made them.” But Noah found favor in the eyes of the Lord

In Hebrew, the word “grieved” means “regretful”, while the word “pain” means “to be pained, hurt”, so we see God was regretful, and filled with pain over having created mankind

To even partially understand how God was feeling at the time, look at the verses below that say God does not delight in the death of anyone, and that he wants everyone to repent so they may live:

Ezekiel 18:32
For I take no pleasure in the death of anyone, declares the Sovereign Lord. Repent and live!

2 Peter 3:9
The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance

In order for God to be so upset he would end the lives of almost everyone on earth, thus removing their chance to repent, we know he must have been in an incredibly sad, and unhappy place

But why was he so upset over man’s sin in the first place?

http://www.godandstuff.com/?p=9279 (<--- the rest link inside)
One thing that confuses me is that God made man even though he knew that they would do this.

One thing that confuses me is that God made man even though he knew that they would do this.
Yep, free will does that, otherwise we'd be robots. Before Adam was formed, Jesus know He would die for him, and us. How's that for a pickle!? :D

Reactions: Juk
Back