Every Young Woman's Battle

Every Young Woman's Battle

So I am going to read "Every Young Woman's Battle," by Shannon Ethridge for the second time because I am hoping that maybe t will sink in this time. The first time I read it when I was younger, I didn't quite grasp everything because I had never been tempted to be involved in a romantic way with the opposite gender. I think it will be much more relevant this time.
My question is: Is it wrong to want to be physically appealing and attractive to a man? I know the most important thing is what's on the inside, but is it wrong that I ofcourse want him to find me appealing and physically attractive. I would never want to tempt anyone, but I want to look appealing. What is your opinion. (I'm a female btw)

Every Young Woman's Battle: Guarding Your Mind, Heart, and Body in a Sex-Saturated World

I have that book and the workbook....I went through it when I was in counciling and its a great book. If yo have trouble grasping it maybe doing the workbook along with the reading will help you.

Sorry, I've never read that book, but NO! I do not believe there is anything wrong with wanting to be physically appealing to anyone.

However . . . Always keep in mind that "Man looks on the outward appearance, but the LORD looks on the heart" (1 Samuel 16:7).

I have learned the HARD way to look more at the inside of a person than the outside . . .

There are some people that are absolutely BEAUTIFUL on the outside, but I don't like spending time with them because of their insides (motives). Some of them are arrogant and always talking about themselves. I usually leave their company feeling yukky inside, because they try to make me feel as though I am not worth their time.

But, there is another side to that coin. There are some people that are NOT VERY APPEALING to the physical eye until you really get to know their hearts a little better. This is the kind of person I try spending as much time with as I can, because I always leave their company feeling better about myself. They are uplifting and encouraging. That's the kind of person I want to be.

So, there is NOTHING wrong with wanting to be physically appealing, but don't put ALL of your focus on that or else your motives will get all messed up, then your inside will be all messed up.

Just my 1/2 cent!

tighthug.jpg

you have to be careful,people act to get what they want.it is difficult to distinguish between real and fake.to the young you enter a battlefield.people go astray,and can look very bad,but have a good heart.others can seem very good,but you find they do things because of other reasons.as you would expect in a spirit war,satan has mastered the art of deception.we are fresh meat.read your bibles and ask God for lots of help.

Back