everybody is a sinner

smellycat

Account Closed
everybody is a sinner

that puts us all together on equal terms.now we should think of every man and every woman being the same as us.we each have diffrent strengths and diffrent weaknesses.but we are all still sinners.we have a saviour,thank God.Christ came perfect and without sin to bare our heavy load.we could not stand without help.when people say praise our Lord,you should understand the implications.we need to raise our Lord above all.keep the faith rebuke the wrong not the man/woman.:)

That is so true! We are sinners, just as the people living in the world. The only difference is the true believers and worshipers of Christ do not live in the world and we have a close relationship with the Lord. And those living in the world don't. Well, they do... but they wont believe or choose not to follow His ways.

Sorry, but when Jesus died He took my sin nature in its entirety and then He gave me His righteousness. I am the righteousness of God in my soul and body, not just my spirit.

That said, however, I know I still sin, as Paul says in Romans Ch 7, but the sin or sins are symptoms of the Adamic curse that will fade over time (a lifetime in most cases). The last verse of Romans Ch 7 also asks who will save us from this body of sin. My Living Bible says: 'Thank God! It has been done by Christ Jesus our Lord. He has set me free.'

Notice, this is past tense. Sin no longer resides in us if we are born again. However, the devil's aim is to convince us we are still sinners; that way he can control us.

I hope this post has been some help.

You are all right

But we all fall short of the Glory of God and we can only become righteous thought him who saved us. We still have to repent and stay away from the evils of this world. For the spirit is willing but the flesh is weak.
That is why we should stay in God's Word and learn to but on the Whole Armor of God. For our struggle is not against enemies of blood and flesh, but against the rules, against the authorities, against the cosmic powers of this present darkness, against the spiritual forcues of evil in the heavenly places.
For it is only thought Him that we can be make us as white as snow and be righteous in His sight. There for we should put of the light of salvation
and stay in his perfert love For he died for us sinners ..... Love Jane

Sorry, but when Jesus died He took my sin nature in its entirety and then He gave me His righteousness. I am the righteousness of God in my soul and body, not just my spirit.

That said, however, I know I still sin, as Paul says in Romans Ch 7, but the sin or sins are symptoms of the Adamic curse that will fade over time (a lifetime in most cases). The last verse of Romans Ch 7 also asks who will save us from this body of sin. My Living Bible says: 'Thank God! It has been done by Christ Jesus our Lord. He has set me free.'

Notice, this is past tense. Sin no longer resides in us if we are born again. However, the devil's aim is to convince us we are still sinners; that way he can control us.

Yes George, helpful indeed.

I certainly don't want the devil controlling me.

Praise God from Whom all blessings flow.

I like this post George.

thanks.gif

Major

I am not sure about:
"but when Jesus died He took my sin nature in its entirety and then He gave me His righteousness".

I would say that our sin nature stays with us until our death.
Yes we are saved from the penality of sin which is death, but our "old man", sin nature is always with us.

That is why Paul addresed this in Romans 7:15............
"for that which I do I allow not for what I would, that do I not, but that which I hate, that I do. If then I do that which I would not, I consent unto the law that it is good. Now then it is no more I that do it but sin that dwells in me."

We live in a struggle between our old nature of sin, and our new nature which is Christ. Thank God that we have a Savior who knows all our weaknesses and faults and forgives us anyway.

+2

I'd have to agree with you on this one George. When Jesus died on the cross he changed everything basically. i.e from John 3:16 onwards. Anyone who believes and confesses that Jesus Christ is Lord and Savior of his/her life has dominion over sin and is cleansed completely.

We no longer have to worry about our sins. We are already forgiven. Mind you we still have to keep asking Jesus to wash us clean with his blood each and every day. Declaring the blood of Jesus over your life is really really important.

Blessings in Christ
Jake

there is a passage of a dog eating his own vomit.

Yup. There is.

But it is happened unto them according to the true proverb, The dog is turned to his own vomit again; and the sow that was washed to her wallowing in the mire
2 Pet 2:22

These are people who turned away from the commandments of God. Above is verse 22, this is 21:

For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them
verse 21

They have turned from the commandments because they were overwhelmed by the pollutions of this world:

For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning
verse 20

These people were once sinners, but were cleaned but was brought back to the bondage of sin again:

While they promise them liberty, they themselves are the servants of corruption: for of whom a man is overcome, of the same is he brought in bondage
verse 19

So they were once sinners then were changed but became sinners again.

Back