Exodus Gods And Kings

Cool, more Christian movies.
Should we take it as good or bad? Just my humble opinion.. I get a feel like Hollywood wants to showcase Bible stories as "myths" just like anything else.. It makes it feel like these are great stories, just like how every culture/religion has.. Clearly they are not doing this for the glory of God.. When someone's motive is not to glorify God, should that be considered good? I am not denying that it might even pull people towards God.. But that is because of Lord. He can make the worst of man for the good of kingdom of God.. But are we to encourage this?

Should we take it as good or bad? Just my humble opinion.. I get a feel like Hollywood wants to showcase Bible stories as "myths" just like anything else.. It makes it feel like these are great stories, just like how every culture/religion has.. Clearly they are not doing this for the glory of God.. When someone's motive is not to glorify God, should that be considered good? I am not denying that it might even pull people towards God.. But that is because of Lord. He can make the worst of man for the good of kingdom of God.. But are we to encourage this?
Hollywood is doing it for the money. They've seen how successful passion of the Christ and the bible series were, so they go wherever they think the money is.

Hollywood is doing it for the money. They've seen how successful passion of the Christ and the bible series were, so they go wherever they think the money is.
So the question is, should Church encourage them? What do you think? I think no.. I don't condemn people who say it should be encouraged :D So feel free to answer! :sneaky:

The masses, or the many will not be saved. So if these get some to be open to Christ, or at least raises their interest, then I am for it. God will use it for good. That is what He does.
Matt 7:13 “Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it. 14 Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it.
Luke 13:23 Then one said to Him, “Lord, are there few who are saved?”And He said to them, 24 “Strive to enter through the narrow gate, for many, I say to you, will seek to enter and will not be able.

So the question is, should Church encourage them? What do you think? I think no.. I don't condemn people who say it should be encouraged :D So feel free to answer! :sneaky:
Hmm. Good question, half of me says yes, half of me says no.

The half that says yes, thinks we should be encouraging Hollywood to do any movies that are good. They promote so many evil movies, it seems like its a breath of fresh air to have them do a movie that is Bible related. It may not get many people saved, but at least it won't be further corrupting them. Who knows, maybe it will spark an interest in the Bible, and Christianity to people that would not normally be interested in it.

The side that say no, is because I know it won't be accurate. It never is. I'm going to go get some coffee at the bucks now.

I don't go to theatres so I will wait to see it. I thought great thoughts about Russell Crowe's "Noah" but was disappointed as they had changed the true story irredeemably, IMO. If they do the same with the Exodus and I expect they will, then I will be disappointed again. But I have hope that someone saw it and said good. :)

Rofl ---it only gets worse. (Silk waiting for her new body). :)

Lol right, I remember.. when myy brothers and I were young, we'd stay up playing super mario 64 or mario party 1-3 on 50 turns lol
and drawing.... sometimes we'd have energy to stay up till the next day and just pass completely out that night..

now, around 11 my eyes get heavy...lol

Lol right, I remember.. when myy brothers and I were young, we'd stay up playing super mario 64 or mario party 1-3 on 50 turns lol
and drawing.... sometimes we'd have energy to stay up till the next day and just pass completely out that night..

now, around 11 my eyes get heavy...lol
I use to stay up that way with online games. Had my MT Dew and pizza, set for a full day of gaming lol

Back