Expect - Attempt

Bob Wille (Family)

Passed on, November 6, 2022
LORD, you are my God. I honor you and praise you, because you have done amazing things.
You have always done what you said you would do; you have done what you planned long ago.”
Isaiah 25:1

“Expect great things from God; attempt great things for God”
[Voice of the Martyrs]

Naturally, God Speaks
Web741.JPG

When David was going to fight Goliath King Saul was desperate but did not recognize that David represented God in that moment. King Saul had his armor placed on David but the armor was too heavy and would have been ineffective for a 16-19 year old boy to wear into battle. Just as King Saul's armor did not fit David we cannot get entangled with the matters of this world. They don't fit us and just weigh us down. If the enemy taunts me I know that all I have to do is throw the Stone at it and He will do the work. Pray, pray, pray every day and spend time with Him in His Word and don't wear the heavy things of this world. Jesus came to give us life more abundantly (John 10:10) but the enemy seeks to kill, steal, and destroy (John 10:10).

However, there is a balance. We cannot write off those things that taunt us and God's Word as matters of spiritual warfare and that we will just sit back and wait for it to work out. David did DO something about the enemy's provocation. We too must be willing and ready to act. Many Christian's passively, in a situation of spiritual warfare, might say. 'well, "we don't fight against flesh and blood"...'. That is true, but we do have to fight IN flesh and blood. A battle is a battle and being peaceful does not mean being liberal. We Christians do not have to tolerate everything for the sake of being peaceful. Sometimes we must flip some tables in life.

LORD, you are my God. I honor you and praise you, because you have done amazing things.
You have always done what you said you would do; you have done what you planned long ago.”
Isaiah 25:1

“Expect great things from God; attempt great things for God”
[Voice of the Martyrs]

Isaiah was a prophet in the northern kingdom of Israel. Israel had almost completely submitted to idolatry while Judah was at least marginally following God. Israel was decaying and Assyria was growing. There were many false prophets.

In this environment Isaiah was a beacon of hope though he foretold of Israel's coming captivity. I suspect there was at least a handful of Israelites that heard Isaiah and turned to God, yet the vast majority didn't heed God's message nor believe in the hope of a mighty God.

These words today though offer us hope as they point to God's amazing power.

cp

Isaiah was a prophet in the northern kingdom of Israel. Israel had almost completely submitted to idolatry while Judah was at least marginally following God. Israel was decaying and Assyria was growing. There were many false prophets.

In this environment Isaiah was a beacon of hope though he foretold of Israel's coming captivity. I suspect there was at least a handful of Israelites that heard Isaiah and turned to God, yet the vast majority didn't heed God's message nor believe in the hope of a mighty God.

These words today though offer us hope as they point to God's amazing power.

cp
Well said. Thank you for your words of wisdom regarding this post.

I look forward to your posts every morning. It always seems like there is something worthwhile to ponder and consider further.

Thanks for bringing us this food for thought each morning.

cp

I look forward to your posts every morning. It always seems like there is something worthwhile to ponder and consider further.

Thanks for bringing us this food for thought each morning.

cp
I am honored by your comments. And I, too, look for the responses you have been sending.
May our gracious Lord continue to have His loving hand on you at all times.
Bob

Back