Expert Opinion Wanted... Are We Forgiven Sinners Or Sin Conquerors??

Hi people. I seem to hope that one day I won't sin anymore; that I will be tempted as always but will overcome the temptation. There's a lot of quotes in Paul's letters that suggest that this will be the case. I don't want the ladder that suggests that we will always sin and we will always need more grace. I speak for myself and maybe others, I'm so tired of feeling the remorse and grief after sinning even though I know that I'm forgiven.
A penny for your thoughts…

Hi people. I seem to hope that one day I won't sin anymore; that I will be tempted as always but will overcome the temptation. There's a lot of quotes in Paul's letters that suggest that this will be the case. I don't want the ladder that suggests that we will always sin and we will always need more grace. I speak for myself and maybe others, I'm so tired of feeling the remorse and grief after sinning even though I know that I'm forgiven.

There is a time when the saints will overcome. This is in fulfillment of the first bible prophecy given in Gen 3:16 ( compare with Rom 16:20). But notice, that God will accomplish this work through you. That is His promise, and God is not a man that he shall lie, nor the Son of man that he shall repent (num 23:19). Just believe God and claim the promise. Just as he forgives you freely he will indeed give you victory, but its not over night. Step by step He will lead you. But hold God to his promises in prayer and believe Him (whether you feel it or not). But if you do fall, remember Heb 4:15-16 and do not let the devil discourage you, believe in his forgiveness each time you confess, less we make God a liar.

Eventually, there will be no more temptation and we will be home free.

Hope this helps.

God bless

Last edited:
There is a time when the saints will overcome. This is in fulfillment of the first bible prophecy given in Gen 3:16 ( compare with Rom 16:20). But notice, that God will accomplish this work through you. That is His promise, and God is not a man that he shall lie, nor the Son of man that he shall repent (num 23:19). Just believe God and claim the promise. Just as he forgives you freely he will indeed give you victory, but its not over night. Step by step He will lead you. But hold God to his promises in prayer and believe Him (whether you feel it or not). But if you do fall, remember Heb 4:15-16 and do not let the devil discourage you, believe in his forgiveness each time you confess, less we make God a liar.

Eventually, there will be no more temptation and we will be home free.

Hope this helps.

God bless

FYI, not gen 3:16 but gen 3:15 . Thanks!

In essence you are looking for someone to reinforce your wishes. Sorry, no can do.
We are not conquerors of anything (only a fool will tell you otherwise).
We are sinners, we sin every single day, and we need to repent every single day.
You should feel remorse, but the remorse that brings repentance, not self loathing.

everyone who loves God, will desire "to sin no more" ..
but only he who loves God "with his all" that does sins no more ..
so the answer is simple .. we must defeat our ego of putting self first, and it will become a reality ..

as to remorse ..
2Cr 7:10
For the sorrow that is according to the will of God produces a repentance without regret, leading to salvation, but the sorrow of the world produces death.

so remorse is of God, that we did NOT love enough to be obedient ..
at this point, our remorse should turn to JOY for God's mercy in fixing it because we repented ..

1Jo 1:9
If we confess our sins, He is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

so IF you still feel guilt, that is from satan, as it demonstrates you do NOT believe Jesus is faithful and righteous and did NOT forgive you ..

In essence you are looking for someone to reinforce your wishes. Sorry, no can do.
We are not conquerors of anything (only a fool will tell you otherwise).
We are sinners, we sin every single day, and we need to repent every single day.
You should feel remorse, but the remorse that brings repentance, not self loathing.

Question, what words of encouragement do you offer the drug addict whose trying to overcome addiction or a person whose trying to overcome vice? In essence Jesus can die on the cross but he has no power to give us victory over sin?

Question, what words of encouragement do you offer the drug addict whose trying to overcome addiction or a person whose trying to overcome vice? In essence Jesus can die on the cross but he has no power to give us victory over sin?

this also bears the question, if you are sinning everyday, WHY ???
did you not truly repent as to have "a change of heart"
(which to repent is, without a change of heart repentance is not sincere)
or are you not seeking ways to shore up your weakness ???

this is HOW victory over sin and vices in our lives is obtained (unless by a act of God directly) .. we must seek the change in our hearts .. and by this, are led to seek the means to be victorious, because we love Him, we seek to be pleasing to Him ..
(or in the cases of vices if you want to be victorious, seek the means to be victorious)
it all boils down to if you want to be the old creature or new creature ..

Jhn 3:3 Jesus answered and said to him, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born again he cannot see the kingdom of God.”

Rom 7:14 For we know that the Law is spiritual, but I am of flesh, sold into bondage to sin.
Rom 7:15 For what I am doing, I do not understand; for I am not practicing what I would like to do, but I am doing the very thing I hate.
Rom 7:16 But if I do the very thing I do not want to do, I agree with the Law, confessing that the Law is good.
Rom 7:17 So now, no longer am I the one doing it, but sin which dwells in me.
Rom 7:18 For I know that nothing good dwells in me, that is, in my flesh; for the willing is present in me, but the doing of the good is not.
Rom 7:19 For the good that I want, I do not do, but I practice the very evil that I do not want.
Rom 7:20 But if I am doing the very thing I do not want, I am no longer the one doing it, but sin which dwells in me.
Rom 7:21 I find then the principle that evil is present in me, the one who wants to do good.
Rom 7:22 For I joyfully concur with the law of God in the inner man,
Rom 7:23 but I see a different law in the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin which is in my members.
Rom 7:24 Wretched man that I am! Who will set me free from the body of this death?
Rom 7:25 Thanks be to God through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then, on the one hand I myself with my mind am serving the law of God, but on the other, with my flesh the law of sin.

Matt 26:41 “Keep watching and praying that you may not enter into temptation; the spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak.”

Our flesh still has the old sin nature in it. So there will be a battle between Spirit and flesh until our bodies are redeemed in the resurrection. Whichever one you feed the most will be the strongest. Though we should not sin, if we do sin, we have an advocate with the Father...

1John 2:1 My little children, I am writing these things to you so that you may not sin. And if anyone sins, we have an Advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous;
1John 2:2 and He Himself is the propitiation for our sins; and not for ours only, but also for those of the whole world.

The comforting thing is we can kind of sense when God is upset with us or we are pushing the thresh-hold. Being with God is just as being in a marriage. I make mistakes with me wife all day long. But I do not commit adultery, beat or murder her. We have a new nature 2 Cor 5:17. It is in our nature to want to please God just as its in my nature to want to please my wife and not other woman.

In marriage with a ''good wife'' (God being the perfect spouse of course) we don't stress about divorce! But we don't ignore the possibility.

To lose our salvation and be in a nervous state before God we need to grasp why Jesus says adultery is grounds for divorce. Adultery shows a depth of intent and a change of hearts desire for someone else. The kind of sin we can't sincerely repent of. Can anyone trust a partners repentance if they are / were in consisitent adultery? Once off maybe, but not consistent! Grieving the Holy Spirit is never a once-off major sin or number of minor sins.

Last edited:

I don't want to put God in a box but I don't believe there is often if ever a ''special'' power from above. A pain tablet never fixes the root cause. The best advice would be to take serving God seriously John 24:14-15 and allow our minds to be renewed Rom 12:2 to the love God has for us. This will make us grasp that God is only concerned with us taking drugs because He loves us and they are hurting us.

Expert Opinion Wanted... Are We Forgiven Sinners Or Sin Conquerors??
Both. More importantly, we are expert judges 1 Cor 6:3. We can gauge the level of rebellion and hence follow Phil 12:2 daily Therefore, my dear friends, as you have always obeyed--not only in my presence, but now much more in my absence--continue to work out your salvation with fear and trembling.

I don't want to put God in a box but I don't believe there is often if ever a ''special'' power from above. A pain tablet never fixes the root cause. The best advice would be to take serving God seriously John 24:14-15 and allow our minds to be renewed Rom 12:2 to the love God has for us. This will make us grasp that God is only concerned with us taking drugs because He loves us and they are hurting us.

Yes your right! we definitely do not want to put God in a box and I certainly do not mean to imply that it takes no effort on our part. But I believe there is power given to us from above. See John 15:4-5, John 17:23. Romans 8:1 1 cor 1:30. 1 Pet 1:5 etc...

In regards to Phil 2:12, we already know we cannot save our selves, only God can do that. To work out our own salvation is to make our daily choices in the context to the gift God has given us, dying to selves daily. I found a paraphrase that elucidates this point:

Therefore, my dear ones, as you have always obeyed [my suggestions], so now, not only [with the enthusiasm you would show] in my presence but much more because I am absent, work out (cultivate, carry out to the goal, and fully complete) your own salvation with reverence and awe and trembling (self-distrust, with serious caution, tenderness of conscience, watchfulness against temptation, timidly shrinking from whatever might offend God and discredit the name of Christ). --AMP

What words of encouragement? Stick with it and you'll see results. The addiction is not so strong that it can't be beat.

Jesus can give victory over sin, but that is not what you asked.
I dislike the term "sin conqueror" because it is misleading, you have conquered nothing, Christ has done the job and
you need only do what He has asked of you to reap the rewards.
The term "sin conqueror" is self oriented, when a sinner should be Christ oriented.

What words of encouragement? Stick with it and you'll see results. The addiction is not so strong that it can't be beat.

Jesus can give victory over sin, but that is not what you asked.
I dislike the term "sin conqueror" because it is misleading, you have conquered nothing, Christ has done the job and
you need only do what He has asked of you to reap the rewards.
The term "sin conqueror" is self oriented, when a sinner should be Christ oriented.

Ahh ok, I understand. I agree, it is only through Jesus we can gain the victory.

It is not God's intent that we live like we did before we were saved. He wants us to live righteously. Read through Romans 6 to 8 several times. The first chapter is about how we are supposed to live as Christians. The next shows how we experience defeat when we try to live right. And the last chapter reveals God's solution to our problem: only by walking in the Holy Spirit can we have victory over sin.

HUMILITY. 12/23/2013
As I lay upon my bed in prayer this AM. The Spirit of Yehoshua both spoke to me and placed in my sight these words:
"Son of man, you dwell in the midst of a rebellious house, which has eyes to see but does not see, and ears to hear but does not hear; for they are a rebellious house.” (Eze 12:2 NKJV).

“Remind them to be subject to rulers and authorities, to obey, to be ready for every good work, to speak evil of no one, to be peaceable, gentle, showing all humility to all men. For we ourselves were also once foolish, disobedient, deceived, serving various lusts and pleasures, living in malice and envy, hateful and hating one another.”(Tit 3:1–3).

For the wrath of man does not produce the righteousness of God. Therefore lay aside all filthiness and overflow of wickedness, and receive with meekness the implanted word, which is able to save your souls. But be doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves. For if anyone is a hearer of the word and not a doer, he is like a man observing his natural face in a mirror; for he observes himself, goes away, and immediately forgets what kind of man he was.” (Jas 1:20-24).
“Whereby a portion of Yah grace is appointed for all men, how then will a sinner but by the grace of Yah bring a contemptuous accusation against another without accusing himself?

“For if anyone thinks himself to be something, when he is nothing, he deceives himself. But let each one examine his own work, and then he will have rejoicing in himself alone, and not in another. For each one shall bear his own load. Let him who is taught the word share in all good things with him who teaches.” (Gal 6:3-6).

“Lay up these words in your heart that you remember to do them, and present them unto your brethren, that they to might not fall into the ways of blind men.” Amen!

I am as guilty as any other of pointing the finger towards those who's sin I detested, and of slanderous remarks against those which Yah has allowed to rule for His own Divine purposes. But understand, it is one thing to detest the sin, but quite another to detest the sinner whom Yeshua died to redeem as much as He died for us. These are the things I was being shown, that I to might repent and put them behind me.

A very merry Christmas to all, and a New Year filled with Yah many blessings. Shalom!

Back