Explain What Love .. What It really means"

thesaintman

Inactive
explain me love from the bible...

yeah what does it mean to be IN LOVE WITH SOMEONE.

WHAT DOES IT REALLY MEAN..

LIKE WHAT DOES A LIFE PARTNER LOVE MEAN ....

IS IT FACT OR EMOTION...

WHAT IS IT BASED ON ...

IS LOVE BLIND ?

If I had to describe love in one word, I would say it's forgiving.

A lot of kids think they are in love. It's not until they are put into a situation where they are unwilling to forgive that one realizes it was never really love, but an infatuation.

God forgave us, the ultimate display of love.

explain me love from the bible...

yeah what does it mean to be IN LOVE WITH SOMEONE.

There are different types of love, other languages describe them better.
There is selfless love (agape) like God has for mankind.
There is the love that married couples have, which is a mixture of desire (eros) and friendship.
Then there is good ole' friendship (filial love).

LIKE WHAT DOES A LIFE PARTNER LOVE MEAN ....

Mixture of friendship and desire. The desire will eventually fade, hopefully the friendship remains.

IS IT FACT OR EMOTION...

Love is emotion (and occasionally action), the results are factual.

WHAT IS IT BASED ON ...

Complex question. It is based on the need that human have for companionship.
God seems to have the same need. Look at how many beings He has made.

IS LOVE BLIND ?

It is a meaningless phrase. Based on the apparent problem that people get "in love" do so for
very obscure or bad reasons.

John 3:
16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

John 15:
12 This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you.
13 Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.
14 Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you.

Matthew 22:
36 Master, which is the great commandment in the law?
37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.

38 This is the first and great commandment.
39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

Galatians 5:
14 For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
…..
18 But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.
…..

22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

24 And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.
25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.

James 1:
25 But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed.
26 If any man among you seem to be religious, and bridleth not his tongue, but deceiveth his own heart, this man's religion is vain.
27 Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world.

To love is to serve; to be a servant in Christ with all humility understanding the sanctity of life.

Greetings:
Love comes in many colors.Blue is what the bible teaches.(B)affection for your beloved;(L) for all little children of the world;(U)
all the unfortunate of the world;(E).. .evangelize,bring the gospel for those souls who thirst&hunger for rest.
bye

Back