Failed in Anger Today

How did they respond rtm?
We don’t get messages from work but it would be interesting to see if they responded and what they said.
They did not respond. It's a process where they submit a rebuttal to the findings of one of our investigations and I have 10 days to reply. After that, no more communications. Sometimes my responses and intentionally 'spicy" because it is good to sometimes hear the truth. This is espcially true when the rebuttal is written by an attorney and their ego.

I have been re reading this thread, and have been thinking, I thinks it’s good to have a limits to our patience. Yes we don’t have to be too soft or too hard but yet we cannot just accept any old behaviour. we must not put up with poor behaviour. This is a topic that I am going to discuss with my granddaughter and see what she thinks because it’s not good to be a pushover whilst remain forgiving.

I have been re reading this thread, and have been thinking, I thinks it’s good to have a limits to our patience. Yes we don’t have to be too soft or too hard but yet we cannot just accept any old behaviour. we must not put up with poor behaviour. This is a topic that I am going to discuss with my granddaughter and see what she thinks because it’s not good to be a pushover whilst remain forgiving.
I don't know. For me. I have to dig deeper. There is so much that Jesus did. Jesus said. Who decides what, who decides when, how does one decide? He talks about forgiveness and keeping no record of wrong. Forgive 77 x 7. He desires us to be in unity, be sympathetic, having a tender heart, humble mind and in unity. If someone asks for something not to hesitate and give it to them. If they ask for you to walk 1 mile, walk 2. I mean all of these can be easily deemed as frustrating, irritating and malicious manipulation - on their part. He tells us to forgive our enemies and pray for them. Not to slander, gossip, because whether we call of venting or not it's the intent and self gratification of upholding our own rightness of what we feel and think [trusting in our own understanding] we are to acknowledge God in all our ways and lean not on our own understanding. We don't know anything only what we feel, experience and how we formula judgement about an individual as a person. This is a hard question for sure. Then again did God ask us for our opinions? Our assessment? Or assumptions and our beliefs on the person? Or what has been done to us? No. He didn't. Why? Because He already knows everything, He's already present, He knows the details and everything that's being thought, said, done, believed, intended - He's asking us go be as He is and trust in Him and His Word.

Last edited:
Character as a moral strength - We shouldn't be focussed on ourselves.

Ro 5:3-4 See also Ru 3:11; Pr 12:4; Pr 31:10; Ac 17:11; 1Co 15:33

The character of believers - how we should be glorifying and having characteristics of Christ.

Believers should be compassionate Col 3:12 See also Ps 112:4; 1Pe 3:8

Believers should be humble 1Pe 5:5 See also Isa 29:19; Php 2:3; Col 3:12; 1Pe 3:8

Believers should be joyful Php 4:4 See also Ro 12:12; Ro 15:13; 1Th 5:16

Believers should be loving 1Jn 4:7 See also Gal 5:22; Col 3:14; 1Th 4:9

Believers should be content Php 4:11 See also 1Ti 6:6-8; Heb 13:5

Believers should be holy Dt 7:6; 1Pe 1:15-16 See also Ro 12:1-2; Col 3:12; Heb 12:14

Believers are to be poor in spirit Mt 5:3

Believers are to be meek Mt 5:5

Believers are to be merciful Mt 5:7 See also Lk 6:36; Ro 12:8; Jas 3:17

Believers are to be pure in heart Mt 5:8 See also 2Co 11:2-3; Php 1:10; 1Ti 5:22; 2Ti 2:22

Character of God’s people - more biblical truth of what we should be applying, choosing to do, demonstrating.

A. Their dedication:

Hear Christ . . . John 10:3, 4

Follow Christ . . . John 10:4, 5, 27

Receive Christ . . . John 1:12

B. Their standing before God:

Blameless . . . Phil. 2:15

Faithful . . . Rev. 17:14

Godly . . . 2 Pet. 2:9

Holy . . . Col. 3:12

C. Their graces:

Humble . . . 1 Pet. 5:5

Loving . . . 1 Thess. 4:9

Humility . . . Phil. 2:3, 4

Gentle . . . Matt. 5:5

Merciful . . . Matt. 5:7

Obedient . . . Rom. 16:19

Pure . . . Matt. 5:8

Sincere . . . 2 Cor. 1:12

Zealous . . . Titus 2:14

Courteous . . . 1 Pet. 3:8

Unity of mind . . . Rom. 15:5–7

Hospitable . . . 1 Pet. 4:9

Generous . . . 2 Cor. 8:1–7

Peaceable . . . Heb. 12:14

Patient . . . James 5:7, 8

Content . . . Heb. 13:5

Steadfast . . . 1 Cor. 15:58

So being angry and worried about our own self interests and being conceited into thinking we can satisfy ourselves with our behavior that doesn't follow God's Word [shows that we aren't really trusting Him and following Him].

Atleast that's what take from it. We are Christians and spiritual warfare comes in various forms. We will suffer for the gospel in one way or another.

TransformedinChrist I’m sorry I wasn’t assuming you ought to be aggressive or anything with those students I was just thinking how it could be in a war zone. The limits to putting up with, say, terrorism, or some other kind of aggressive behaviour from others.
I think my mind had jumped a little further than it should have but it was an interesting experiment in that my granddaughter thinks 3 times is enough to give some one a chance at being someone’s friend if they keep betraying/ hurting her. She said she wouldnt allow them to continue hurting her before she said enough is enough and not play with them anymore. 1 Corinthians 15:33 comes to mind.
33 Do not be misled: “Bad company corrupts good character

I was thinking along those lines and your thread sparked an interesting conversation.
Ty.

Also, the topic of patience itself is a good one. Just yesterday, my granddaughter was so frustrated building Lego and wanting her own way, and trying to teach her patience is difficult but not impossible. She’s only 5.
She had a tantrum and I am looking at ways to teach her patience😊

The character of believers - how we should be glorifying and having characteristics of Christ.

Believers should be humble 1Pe 5:5 See also Isa 29:19; Php 2:3; Col 3:12; 1Pe 3:8

Believers should be holy Dt 7:6; 1Pe 1:15-16 See also Ro 12:1-2; Col 3:12; Heb 12:14

Believers are to be pure in heart Mt 5:8 See also 2Co 11:2-3; Php 1:10; 1Ti 5:22; 2Ti 2:22

Character of God’s people - more biblical truth of what we should be applying, choosing to do, demonstrating.

A. Their dedication:

C. Their graces:

So being angry and worried about our own self interests and being conceited into thinking we can satisfy ourselves with our behavior that doesn't follow God's Word [shows that we aren't really trusting Him and following Him].

Atleast that's what take from it. We are Christians and spiritual warfare comes in various forms. We will suffer for the gospel in one way or another.
TransformedinChrist I’m sorry I wasn’t assuming you ought to be aggressive or anything with those students I was just thinking how it could be in a war zone. The limits to putting up with, say, terrorism, or some other kind of aggressive behaviour from others.
I think my mind had jumped a little further than it should have but it was an interesting experiment in that my granddaughter thinks 3 times is enough to give some one a chance at being someone’s friend if they keep betraying/ hurting her. She said she wouldnt allow them to continue hurting her before she said enough is enough and not play with them anymore. 1 Corinthians 15:33 comes to mind.

I was thinking along those lines and your thread sparked an interesting conversation.
Ty.
Also, the topic of patience itself is a good one. Just yesterday, my granddaughter was so frustrated building Lego and wanting her own way, and trying to teach her patience is difficult but not impossible. She’s only 5.
She had a tantrum and I am looking at ways to teach her patience😊

Hello TiC and Via;

Patience is a Christian standard that takes “balance” of long bearing and a firm stand. Jesus set the example when He turned the tables in Matthew 21:12-13, when He chose His 12 Apostles in Luke 6:12-16, when Jesus was confronted and arrested in John 18, or when Peter betrayed Him in Matthew 26.

The Lord ministered to 12 nuckleheads and unbelievers who were like little babies. They loved Jesus but ended up scattering from Him.

We get patience wrong because we mix high emotions when someone or something falls short with us. The lesson takes years to develop from the hard knocks experiences.

So in a sense “it is about us” as God lovingly and faithfully builds each one of us up until the time “it isn’t about us” but in our ministry to others as Jesus displayed, especially when He went to the Cross.

Again, it is a developed “balance” of long bearing and a firm stand as you minister to little babies and people of all ages.

God bless you both.
Bob

Ty.
I understand now. Yep I get it.

It is possible to have a conflict with someone, yet not hate them. Look at professional boxers. Both of them will get in a ring and beat each other for 10 to 12 rounds, yet they can also respect each other and actually be friends outside the ring.

Humans are odd creatures. We are capable of such love and such evil. We can create and destroy. We are capable of such unimaginable cruelty and unimaginable grace.

A. Their dedication:

C. Their graces:

This is well constructed. I have a little issue with "meek," but that depends on the circumstances.

Well we came on the city train [ION train] and Hope my daughter was trying to park and lock my wheelchair against the side where the wheelchair area was. I had Sully waiting in the middle of the lane. 3 students couldn't wait at all and starting stepping close by, over him etc. They couldn't wait until I could to brought him to my side of my wheelchair and a down cue. There wasn't alot of room.

I completely lost it.

I ranted for like 15 mins.
Like wow couldn't wait for 2 seconds?
I have a service dog.
Can't make sure that everyone is safe and be courteous and be respectful and patient?
Gotta have it now, gotta just plow through.

I said I didn't have any tolerance for stupid.
people.

They go to university to supposedly get an education.

And they act so incredibly stupid in public.
I was like did you leave your smarts at school?

We are suppose to be long suffering.
Greeks believed to be the same way, that we would strike while the iron is hot and retaliate either with response or behavior etc.
Paul spoke to the Greeks about that. Even the intent.Then there's Steven when he was stoned he asked God to forgive them for they know not what they do. Same with Jesus. So it's not really a proud attitude to have. Infact it's displeasing to God. He is long suffering and patient. I realize just how much more I need Him and need to rely on His strength, His grace and Holy Spirit to change me and help me to be more like Him. I did not show Christ, I became a fool like the proverbs say. Someone who's easily angered.

I have failed to show Christ today but I have been convicted to just how much I need Him I can't do this on my own.

This is what I was listening to. When I reflected on today and was convicted.

Don't be so hard on yourself God's Word is full of righteous people who failed to live up to the standard of God, there is only one who is perfect. God knows that we are weak vessels that need to be filled with His grace and mercy. In this world we are told we will face tribulation but we are also told that our Lord has overcome the world. When we are confronted by the foolish things of this world it can cause frustration and anger. My pet peeve is beaurocratic responses to my general needs, it is like talking to a wall, and at times it stretches my patience to breaking point. I need to bathe myself in God's Grace daily. Tsavah2

Don't be so hard on yourself God's Word is full of righteous people who failed to live up to the standard of God, there is only one who is perfect. God knows that we are weak vessels that need to be filled with His grace and mercy. In this world we are told we will face tribulation but we are also told that our Lord has overcome the world. When we are confronted by the foolish things of this world it can cause frustration and anger. My pet peeve is beaurocratic responses to my general needs, it is like talking to a wall, and at times it stretches my patience to breaking point. I need to bathe myself in God's Grace daily. Tsavah2
Thank you Tsavah2

Back