Failure: Do You Think You Are?

Jesus Freak

Previously DanaCovert68
Sometimes people think they're a failure. Do you think you are a failure?

Honestly, I fo feel like a failure. I feel like when U try to do good, i end up falling on my face, and feel like giving up on myself.

Very recently I struggled with this! I could see so much with me that was not yet mature/perfect....and I troed so hard to fix. I fell flat on my face. In the Old Testament God gave Israel the Law to show what was required - what was righteous. They tried to keep it....and failed. When we try to be righteous, we also fail. But there is another side to the story.....[I just posted the following on another thread ten minutes ago, LOL!)

1. A saved man is a NEW creation. That old sinner's nature is DEAD - GONE! This new creation has a new nature - His nature! For the new creation is born of God, not man. "Yet to all who did receive him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God— 13children born not of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband’s will, but born of God." John 1:12-13. It is no longer you who lives, but Christ. "I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me."Galatians 2:20. Your old man - the one that could only sin - is dead. You are a new creation with a new nature. :)

2. This new life is not lived in your strength with you trying. Doesn't work, as you have found. Rather it is lived with us weak and Him being the Strength and Ability. "But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me." 2 Corinthians 12:9. That way God, our Strength, gets the glory. Those moments when are you are feeling your own helplessness are the triggers in which you say "yes" to God - not say "no" to the temptation and then try to resist it in yourself by yourself. Through Christ, not yourself. "I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing." John 15:5.

3. God is our Great Refiner - He is purifying us to be like pure gold (Malachi 3:3)! He brings the dross (old sin habits of the old man) up to the surface so it can be removed. Mistakes are not symptoms of failures. Mistakes are steps in this journey of becoming a mature/perfect reflection of Him!

It is very human to feel like a failure....and in the Light of Christ you become most aware of the dross that is still with you - that icky, unrighteous stuff. But God reveals it so it can be removed....and remeber that "all things work together for the good of those who love Him!" All things....including those moments where we fall short, for it is all in the plan - His plan! :) He is the Potter and we are the clay....just be a willing lump of clay and stay on His wheel - He's getting the flaws of us worked out!

Hope that helps Dana!

Back